Linking your Aadhaar Card with your existing mobile number has been made compulsory by the Government of India (GOI) as per the order passed by the Supreme Court. This step of linking both together is taken to eliminate connections issued on fake documents and filter out all the connections with them.
How to Link Mobile Number to Aadhar Card Online
Still haven’t linked your Aadhar Card online?
Changed your mobile number recently? Have you linked your new mobile number with Aadhar yet?
If not, this is the best time to do. Aadhaar Card is a unique identification card that is issued by the Government of India to all the Indian citizens. The card carries a unique 12-digit number called the Aadhaar Number, based on the specific biometric and demographic data of each individual.
Mobile number re-verification with your Aadhaar Card is free of cost and gets completed within a few seconds. There are two simple methods to re-verify your mobile numbers with Aadhaar through OTP.
However, only those customers who have already linked their mobile numbers with Aadhaar will be able to use this re-verification method. If in case their number is not linked with Aadhaar, users will have to follow the offline process in order to link their SIM card with Aadhaar card by visiting a retailer or a store of their respective mobile operators.
Note: This is only for those customers who already have their mobile numbers linked with Aadhaar. This is basically a re-verification process.
In case you are linking the Aadhar card for the first time, follow the second method
- Call 14546 from your own mobile number (Toll-Free)
- Choose whether you are an Indian or an NRI (Non-resident of India)
- Then give your consent to re-verify your Aadhaar by pressing 1
- Enter your unique 12-digit Aadhaar number and confirm it by pressing 1
- Give permission to your mobile operator in order to access your name, photo and DOB from UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India)
- IVR (Interactive Voice Response) reads out the last 4 digits of your mobile number
- If correct, enter the OTP received on your mobile number
- Press 1 to complete the process
In case you are linking the Aadhar card for the first time, here is what you can do
Here is how to Link your Aadhaar with Mobile Number by Visiting the mobile Store/Retailer
- Visit your telecom operator’s store/outlet. (Jio, Airtel, Vi)
- Carry with yourself a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card.
- Provide your new mobile number.
- The store executive will then send an OTP to your mobile number that has to be linked.
- Provide the OTP to the store executive for verification.
- Now give your fingerprint to the executive.
- You will then receive a confirmation SMS from your telecom operator.
- Lastly, Reply’ Y’ to complete the e-KYC process.
If you have already linked your mobile number and want to re-verify it, the first method. For More Such News & Updates keep following World Wire – One World One Wire.