Louis Leon Guerrero (born November 8, 1950) is a Guamanian politician who has served as Guam’s ninth governor since 2019. Leon Guerrero was a nurse...
Biographical Data, Lou Leon Guerrero
|Age||72 Years Old|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Facts About Lou Leon Guerrero
- Lou Leon Guerrero is a Guamanian politician and currently serves as the 9th governor of Guam since 2019.
- Before entering politics, Leon Guerrero had a successful career in the business sector. She served as the president and CEO of the Bank of Guam from 2007 to 2017.
- Leon Guerrero has a background in healthcare. She earned a BS in Nursing from California State University and an MPH from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- She worked as a staff nurse at Santa Monica Hospital in California before returning to Guam in 1980.
- Upon her return to Guam, Leon Guerrero worked at Guam Memorial Hospital, where she eventually became the assistant nursing director.
- Leon Guerrero also served as the Director of Operations at the Family Health Plan clinic from 1990 to 1994.
- In 1994, she was elected to the Guam Legislature, serving as a senator for two terms. Her focus in the legislature was on healthcare and education issues.
- Leon Guerrero's leadership and business acumen led to her appointment as the president and CEO of the Bank of Guam in 2007. She played a significant role in expanding the bank's operations and improving its financial performance.
- In 2018, she ran for governor of Guam and won a landslide victory, defeating incumbent governor Eddie Calvo. Her victory made her the first female governor of Guam and the first governor from the Democratic Party since 1995.
- Leon Guerrero's historic win and leadership as governor have marked a significant milestone in Guam's political history, breaking barriers for women and the Democratic Party in the territory.
Relevant People & Companies
Latest News About Lou Leon Guerrero
Lou Leon Guerrero Networth
Governor Lou Leon Guerrero’s net worth is estimated to be around $1 million to $9 million as of 2023. It is worth noting that the true value may vary, and some sources suggest that she is among the wealthiest officials in the government of Guam. Before her political career, Leon Guerrero served as the president and CEO of the Bank of Guam for ten years and was honored as Guam’s Small Business.
Lou Leon Guerrero Biography
Lourdes Aflague “Lou” Leon Guerrero, born on November 8, 1950, is a Guamanian politician and the current 9th governor of Guam since 2019. With a background in both business and public service, she previously served as the president and CEO of the Bank of Guam from 2007 to 2017. Leon Guerrero also held senatorial positions in the Guam Legislature from 1995 to 1999 and then from 2001 to 2007. She is an active member of the Democratic Party.
Growing up in Guam, Leon Guerrero pursued her education, earning a BS in Nursing from California State University in 1973 and an MPH from the University of California, Los Angeles, in 1979. She began her career as a staff nurse at Santa Monica Hospital in California before returning to Guam in 1980. Leon Guerrero worked at Guam Memorial Hospital, where she progressively advanced to the role of assistant nursing director. Later, she joined the Family Health Plan clinic and served as the Director of Operations from 1990 to 1994.
In 1994, Leon Guerrero successfully ran for the Guam Legislature, serving two terms as a senator. During her time in the legislature, she dedicated herself to addressing crucial issues in healthcare and education. In 2007, she assumed the position of president and CEO of the Bank of Guam, a role she fulfilled for ten years. Throughout her tenure, Leon Guerrero played a pivotal role in expanding the bank’s operations and enhancing its financial performance.