Robert Unanue is the CEO and president of Goya Foods which is a family-owned company that produces and sells staple foods of the Hispanic culture. Unanue...
Biographical Data, Robert Unanue
|Age||69 Years Old|
Facts About Robert Unanue
- Robert Unanue is an American businessman and CEO of Goya Foods, the largest Hispanic-owned food company in the United States.
- He represents the third generation of his family leading the company, established by his grandfather, Prudencio Unanue, in 1936.
- He started his career in the accounting department of Goya Foods and later oversaw the company's operations in Puerto Rico in 1980.
- Unanue returned to New Jersey in 1987 and became vice president of sales and marketing before becoming CEO in 2004.
- Under his leadership, Goya Foods has grown into a prominent international corporation, with sales exceeding $1.5 billion and employing over 20,000 people.
- Unanue actively supports Hispanic businesses and communities, serving on the boards of various Hispanic organizations, including the National Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the Hispanic Coalition.
Relevant People & Companies
Latest News About Robert Unanue
Robert Unanue Networth
Robert Unanue’s net worth is estimated to be around $1.1 billion. He is the CEO of Goya Foods, the largest Hispanic-owned food company in the United States. The company was founded by his grandfather, Prudencio Unanue, in 1936. Robert Unanue has been CEO since 2004.
Robert Unanue Biography
Robert “Bob” Unanue is an American businessman renowned as the CEO of Goya Foods, the largest Hispanic-owned food company in the United States. He represents the third generation of his family leading the company, established in 1936 by his grandfather, Prudencio Unanue.
Born in Wyckoff, New Jersey, in 1954, Unanue graduated from Merrimack College in Massachusetts with a degree in accounting in 1976. He initially worked in Goya Foods’ accounting department before being assigned to oversee the company’s operations in Puerto Rico in 1980. After returning to New Jersey in 1987, he assumed the role of vice president of sales and marketing, ultimately becoming CEO in 2004.
Under Unanue’s guidance, Goya Foods has transformed from a modest family business into a prominent international corporation, recording sales exceeding $1.5 billion. The company employs over 20,000 individuals and distributes its products to more than 100 countries. Unanue actively champions Hispanic businesses and communities, serving on the boards of various Hispanic organizations such as the National Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the Hispanic Coalition. He ardently supports Hispanic education and scholarships.
Recognizing his significant contributions to the United States, Unanue received the Ellis Island Medal of Honor in 2017. He is also a member of the esteemed Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans, which honors individuals who have achieved success through hard work and determination. Unanue is married to Muriel Fitzpatrick, and together they have four children. He is a devoted Catholic and a member of the Knights of Columbus.
In January 2021, Unanue attracted attention when he voiced his support for President Donald Trump during a White House event. His remarks faced criticism from some Hispanic leaders, who believed he overly supported Trump. Unanue subsequently apologized, clarifying that he had no intention to offend anyone. Despite the controversy, Unanue remains highly regarded within the Hispanic community. He serves as a role model for Hispanic entrepreneurs and continues to advocate passionately for Hispanic businesses and communities.