Biographical Data, Ted Daughety
|Age||73 Years Old|
Facts About Ted Daughety
- Ted Daughety is an esteemed American pulmonologist-immunologist specializing in sleeping and breathing disorders.
- He holds the distinction of being the first gentleman of Kansas as the spouse of Governor Laura Kelly.
- He held prominent positions at institutions such as the National Jewish Hospital and Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver throughout his career.
- Daughety also had academic appointments with the San Francisco VA Medical Center and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center.
- Daughety retired as a pulmonologist in April 2020 but resumed work during the COVID-19 pandemic at a screening clinic.
- On January 14, 2019, he became the third first gentleman of Kansas, supporting his wife in her role as governor.
Relevant People & Companies
Latest News About Ted Daughety
No posts found with the name "Ted Daughety".
Ted Daughety Networth
The information about Ted Daugherty’s net worth is currently not available.
Ted Daughety Biography
Ted Daughety is an esteemed American pulmonologist-immunologist who specializes in sleeping and breathing disorders. He holds the distinction of being the first gentleman of Kansas as the spouse of Governor Laura Kelly.
Daughety completed his undergraduate studies at Baylor University before obtaining his M.D. from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. He completed his Medical University of South Carolina residency and pursued a fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco. Throughout his career, he served in prominent positions at institutions such as the National Jewish Hospital and Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver. Daughety also held academic appointments with the San Francisco VA Medical Center and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center.
In 1979, Daughety married Laura Kelly and shared a loving partnership. In 1986, he joined the Salina Clinic as a pulmonary specialist and immunologist, focusing on diagnosing and treating breathing disorders, including asthma and bronchitis. He served as the medical director of the sleep disorder center and operated an outreach clinic at Neman Regional Health. Daughety retired as a pulmonologist in April 2020 but resumed work during the COVID-19 pandemic at a screening clinic.
On January 14, 2019, Daughety became the third first gentleman of Kansas, supporting his wife in her role as governor. During his tenure as a first gentleman, he has prioritized healthcare, education, and veteran-related issues. Daughety has effectively served as a spokesperson for Governor Kelly’s administration, advocating for policies that benefit the people of Kansas.
Daughety is an active member of professional organizations such as the American College of Physicians, the American Thoracic Society, and the American College of Chest Physicians. He is also recognized as a Fellow of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. Daughety has completed the Harvard Business School Executive Education Program and the Kennedy School of Government Executive Leadership in State and Local Government Program, emphasizing his commitment to ongoing growth.
As a passionate advocate for his patients, Daughety strives to provide high-quality care and improve their lives. He takes pride in his role as a devoted husband and father, supporting his wife’s accomplishments and fulfilling his responsibilities as a loving family man. Daughety’s dedication extends to his commitment as a public servant, working tirelessly to contribute to the betterment of Kansas for all its residents.