Recently I was looking for the best desktop replacement laptop for me, I generally need to do a lot of work, I love to do hardcore gaming at times and also use heavy softwares for photo editing since I am a photographer too. A desktop replacement laptop is one such laptop that contains heavy specs, good thermals, a great screen and everything you look for in a desktop setup.
Finding the best Desktop replacement laptop is a difficult task, when you are looking for a laptop to replace your desktop setup, expectations get really high, and with high expectations comes high expense, a desktop replacement laptop is not cheap at all.
A desktop replacement laptop is known to perform heavy tasks, like gaming, running heavy softwares, video editing, data processing, graphic designing and what not. The Range of such laptops start from nowhere less than $1000 and may even go upto $4000.
You may also like : Best 2 in 1 laptops under 600
Well, you need not to worry, I am here to save for you some of your heard earned money. After researching and and going through literally every possible and good option, I am now finally up with the list of Top 10 Best Desktop Replacement Laptop.
I can pretty much guarantee you that if you read this article till the very end, you surely will have a clear idea about what to buy and what not to.
While buying a desktop replacement laptop, you need to look for cetain specs like, Premium and fast processor, and with fast, I mean really fast, a great screen quality, good thermals because good thermals enable the system to work fast and efficiently and prevents internal components from harm, durable and sturdy keys, great speakers and a good battery backup.
In this article, I have put all such options which can give you pretty much every of the above mentioned specs and even more, not only that, I have given a fair review and have mentioned in detail pros and cons of every laptop with the final verdict, so without waiting anymore, let's roll in!
- 1 Top 10 Best Desktop Replacement Laptop
- 2 1. Overall Best:MSI GE75 Raider-287
- 3 2. Asus ZenBook 15
- 4 3. ASUS TUF TUF506IU-ES74
- 5 4. Razer Blade Stealth 13 Ultrabook
- 6 5. Asus ROG Strix Scar II
- 7 6. HP OMEN 2019
- 8 7. Lenovo Legion Y540-15
- 9 8. Dell G5 15
- 10 9. Lenovo Ideapad L340
- 11 10. Acer Nitro 5
- 12 Buying guide for best desktop replacement laptop
- 13 Conclusion
Top 10 Best Desktop Replacement Laptop
In this list I will provide you with the best desktop replacement laptop for you, each of the suggestions is handpicked and thoroughly researched.
1. Overall Best:MSI GE75 Raider-287
This laptop is the personal favorite on this list, I will be buying this one for me surely, The MSI GE75 Raider-287 makes it to our lisr of best desktop replacement laptop because of its great pricing and awesome specs and MSI's brand value.
MSI is a really popular brand and is known for making high end laptops for gaming and also for making desktop setups, this laptop features an Intel core i7-9750H processor, along with NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2060 graphics, a mega 16 GBs of RAM and 512 GB NVME SSD storage.
- 17.3" Thin Bezel FHD Display with 144 Hz refresh rate
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 Graphics
- Intel Core i7-9750h Processor
- 16GB (16G*1) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets RAM, expandable upto 64 GB
- Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD
The price of this laptop justifies its features, seeing the price the laptop offers pretty much everything you may need to replace it with your desktop, the display is large, the processors are great, the storage and memory is enough.
2. Asus ZenBook 15
Priced at $1399.99. the ASUS zenbook 15 makes it to our list of best dektop replacement laptops not only because of its good pricing and specs but also because of its unique and state of art technology of screenpad 2.0, yes you read it right, screenpad and not touchpad, a screenpad is basically a touchpad with a screen, which adds a lot the functionality of the laptop.
The laptop features an Intel core i7-10510U processor, 16 GB RAM and 1 TB PCIe SSD. The laptop also features NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics.
- Innovative ScreenPad: 5. 65-inch interactive touchscreen trackpad that adapts to your needs for smarter control and multitasking
- 15. 6 inch wide-view Full HD display
- 10th generation Intel Core i7-10510U Processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX1650
- 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD and 16GB LPDDR3 RAM
At this price the deal is an absolute bang, there is a slight concern about the thermals of this laptop, and also the screenpad feature is over advertised and is not so good when put into use, you may consider buying this.
3. ASUS TUF TUF506IU-ES74
Priced at $1209 the Asus TUF gaming laptop has its price on slightly the lower side, the laptop has got good specs and it makes it to our list of best desktop replacement laptop because of its great specs and pricing.
The laptop can be easily upgraded by adding additional RAMs and SSDs, this laptop has a good cooling systems, the ASUS TUF gaming laptop is powered by an AMD Ryzen 7 4800H processor along with 16 GBs of RAM and 512 GBs of PCIe SSD.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics
- 8-core AMD Ryzen 7 4800H Processor
- 15.6" 144Hz Full HD Display
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM and 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Self cleaning dual fans with anti-dust technology to extend system longevity
The price of this laptop is really good considering the amount of specs, this is a really cheap and good option to go with, apart from some concerns with the heating part and screen colors, the laptop seems just fine to go with.
4. Razer Blade Stealth 13 Ultrabook
The Razerblade stealth 13 Ultrabook is one such laptop which can be called a slightly overpriced, because the competitors are offering the similar and even more specs at the price, the laptop makes it to our list of best dektop replacement laptops because of its good and lightweight build quality.
The Razerblade stealth 13 Ultrabook is powered by an intel core i7 1065G7 processor, a mega 16 GBs of RAM, 512 GB SSD and CNC aluminium build.
- Ultra thin, light, and durable CNC anybody, anodized aluminum frame
- Biometric security: Supports Windows Hello instant facial unlock and authentification with integrated webcam and IR sensor.
- Customizable RGB Lighting: Includes 16.8 million colors available with multiple preset profiles
- Intel Core i7-1065G7 4 core processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q graphics
- 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD
This product is a bit overpriced considering the specs, it is just that the product is built very nicely and its very lightweight and compact, there is no major issue with the product, you can surely go for this one if you are looking for a compact and lightweight laptop.
5. Asus ROG Strix Scar II
Priced at $1899.99, The ASUS ROG Strix Scar II laptop is not very much likely to me, I personally feel this laptop is a bit overpriced, this laptop makes it to our list of best dektop replacement laptops because of its beautiful build and good thermals.
The ASUS ROG strix scar II is powered by an intel core i7 8750H processor, 512 GB PCIe SSD and 16 GB RAM.
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 8GB graphics
- Intel Core i7 8750H Hexa core processor
- 144Hz 15.6” 1920x1080 IPS type display
- 16GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB PCIe SSD
The price of this laptop is a bit on the higher side considering the specs, the build quality and the screen quality of this laptop is superb and has a good deal to provide. If you are looking for a laptop with good build quality and a good screen then you must go with this.
6. HP OMEN 2019
The HP OMEN 2019 is the first HP laptop on this list, it seems like a fair competitor to me, the only thing which is problematiic is the price, the laptop is already an year old and it is priced at $1939.99, this laptop makes it to our list of best dektop replacement laptops because of its heavy graphic handling and the great screen quality.
The laptop runs on an intel core i7 9750H processor and Nvidia RTX 2080 graphics. The laptops tores in a 16 GB RAM and 256GB SSD paired along with 1 TB of HDD storage.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 (8 GB GDDR6 dedicated) graphics
- 9th Generation intel core i7-9750h Processor
- 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM 256 GB pcie nvme M.2 SSD, and 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD
- 17.3-ich IPS display with 144 hz refresh rate
- Ports: headphone/Microphone combo, Microphone jack, 3 USB 3.1 Type-A, 1 RJ-45, 1 HDMI, 1 Mini displayport, 1 USB 3.1 Type-C, 1 media card Reader
The HP OMEN 2019 is a bit of and old and overpriced laptop, the laptop does a good graphic handling and has a good processor, you can go with this since HP also has a fabulous after sales service.
7. Lenovo Legion Y540-15
Priced at $1249.99, the Lenovo Legion is priced nicely, the laptop has got good thermals, but there are some sectors in which this laptop lags behind the others, one such is the display. This laptop makes it to our list of best desktop replacement laptops because of its good and lightweight build.
The Lenovo legion is powered by an intel core i7 9750H processor with a 16 GB RAM and a 512 GB SSD storage.
- Intel Core i7-9750h Processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti Graphics
- 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz Memory
- 1TB HDD + 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD Storage
- Connectivity options include 2 x 2 Wi-Fi 802.11 AC + Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C, 2 HDMI 2.0 Ports, and more
This laptop has a terrible issue with the battery and has mediocre specs, however if you are looking for a lightweight and sleek laptop, you may go with this.
8. Dell G5 15
Priced at just $1172, the Dell G5 15 is a good laptop for the price, this has just eveything you may need to replace it with your desktop, this laptop makes it tou our list of best desktop replacement laptops because of great pricing, build and overall experience.
The laptop runs on an intel core i7 9750H processor along with 16GBS of RAM and 256 GB SSD.
- An innovative dual-fan cooling system
- 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) anti-Glare LED display
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB GDDR5 Graphics
- 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750h
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
The price of this laptop justifies its features, seeing the price the laptop offers very much, this is by far the best budget laptop on the list, if you are tight on budget, you can surely go for this.
9. Lenovo Ideapad L340
Priced at $969, the Lenovo ideapad is a fair deal, the laptop is sleek and stylish and offers a great deal of specs, this one is the least priced laptop on this list, this laptops makes it to our list because of its very low pricing, and fair specs.
The Lenovo ideapad runs on an intel core i5 9300H processor, along with 8 GBs of RAM and 512 GB NVME SSD.
- 9th-generation Intel Core i5 processor
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB NVMe SSD
- 15.6-Inch screen delivers a stunning full HD IPS Display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
The price of this laptop is very appropriate considering the features of this laptop, the laptop is good for mild gaming and college or office work, this can be replaced with a desktop but only with average usage.
10. Acer Nitro 5
The Acer Nitro 5 is a bang for the price, this laptop has everything you need, priced at jus $1030, this laptop makes is to our list of best desktop replacement laptops because of its magnificent pricing and great specs.
The Acer nitro 5 is powered by intel core i7 9750H processor along with 16 GBs of RAM and 256 Gb of SSD storage and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics.
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor
- 15.6" Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit display with144 hertz refresh rate
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Graphics
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory and 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD
This laptop is a bang for the buck, you may definitely go for it, some users have reported this of quality control which means the components used can be cheap, but that all seems just fine, you may go for it.
Buying guide for best desktop replacement laptop
Well now that we are at the end of this article, I am assuming that you have a very good idea about what you need to buy, but if you still have some confusion then there is no need to worry in this case, if have this buying guide for best desktop replacement laptop for you.
While buying a desktop replacement laptop there are some very crucial factors that you must keep in mind, the most important of which are the specifications, a desktop replacement laptop must have very good specifications in terms of processor, display, memory and storage.
Secondly, a laptop should have good cooling system to prevent the internal components from any heat damage.
You must also be very clear about your budget, if you are looking for a desktop replacement laptop, then you may not be able to fetch a very good deal under $1000, but if your budget is more than that then there are plenty of options.
In this article I showed you some of my suggestions for the best desktop replacement laptops, all of these laptops are good to some extent with pros and cons for each laptop, there are options from every available price range, if you still have any doubt, you can refer to our buying guide. Hope you liked the article.