My cousin is a graphic designer and a gamer. A few days ago, he was looking for the best laptop for solidworks. He works in a graphic designing firm and runs weighty apps on his laptop, his office provides him with a high-end PC in the office, but now he is working from home, and he urgently needed a laptop.
Well, I being the tech guy, had to come to his rescue and take all the hassle for him. My expertise is in PCs and laptops, so I readily agreed to find him one. After researching for a day or two, I came up with several great options for the best laptop for solid work.
Finding the best laptop for solidworks is not easy at all. I believe it’s one of the most difficult tasks since a lot is at stake. If you are an office man and need to run high-end software, you just can’t afford your laptop to lag, or if you are a professional gamer, you honestly can’t afford to lose a game because of a mere lag.
Well, not that I have taken a lot of hassle. I don’t want anyone of you to struggle with the best laptop for solidworks. I will give you a list of best-handpicked suggestions for the best laptops for solidworks.
While buying such a laptop, you must consider certain important factors, such as the processor, screen quality, RAM, storage, and battery backup.
In this article, I will put 10 of such best-handpicked suggestions for you to choose from. All along with proper images, reviews, ratings, buying links, pros and cons, and to sum all that up, the final verdict for each and every product which will give you a fair idea about what to buy. Make sure you read this article till the end to understand better.
Let’s now start with our list of the Top 10 best laptops for solidworks!
Top 10 best laptops for solidworks
This list contains 10 handpicked and thoroughly researched suggestions for the best laptop for solid work, every option is chosen by an expert. All you need to do is just make sure you check all of them.
1. Overall best: Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop
This is my personal choice for the best laptop for Solidworks, this laptop has the best pricing and the right heavy specs you need in your laptop to do Solidworks, this laptop can run good graphic designing software and heavy games at great ease.
The Acer Nitro 5 is a bang for the price, this laptop has everything you need, priced at just $1030. The Acer Nitro 5 is powered by intel core i7 9750H processor along with 16 GBs of RAM and 256 Gb of SSD storage and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics.
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor
- 15.6″ Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit display with144 hertz refresh rate
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Graphics
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory and 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Exceptionally low price
- Great Processor and graphics
- Slim and Lightweight
- 144 HZ display refresh rate
- Heats up quickly
- Bad Webcam quality
This laptop is a bang for the buck, you may definitely go for it, some users have reported this of quality control which means the components used can be cheap, but that all seems just fine, you may go for it
2. HP 15-cs3019nr Pavilion
This laptop is balanced and elegant with specs, this laptop can work flawlessly for your heavy office needs, this laptop is powered by an Intel Core i7 10th gen processor and also has a wide and full HD display. This laptop makes it to our list of best laptop for solidworks because of its long battery life.
This laptop also stores in a 16 GB non-upgradable RAM along with 512 GB SSD storage. The battery life on this one is especially great, up to 10 Hrs of battery life will keep you going for hours without stopping.
- 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD IPS Bright View micro-edge WLED-backlit display.
- 10th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 processor.
- 512 GB PCIe(R) NVMe(TM) M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM
- Battery life: Up to 10 hours
- Great battery life
- Great processor
- Sleek and lightweight build
- Great screen quality
- Non-upgradable RAM
- Not very great graphics
This is a perfect work laptop, this is not that good for gamers though, since the graphics on this one are not that great, the battery life is great on this one especially.
3. Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop
This one is great for gamers, however, the processor on this one is a bit low-end for the price, this laptop is powered by an Intel Core i7 8th gen processor. The screen quality on this one is fabulous, with a 144 Hz refresh rate. This laptop makes it to our list of best laptops for solidworks because of its durable build.
This laptop has a 16 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD storage which I think is certainly low for the price point.
- Intel Core i7 8th gen processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Overclockable Graphics
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC )
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz DRAM Memory & 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Up to 7-hours of battery life
- Good Battery Life
- Fabulous battery life
- Tough build
- Average processor for the price
- Mediocre graphics
This laptop is roughly built and good for the price, considering the specs, the battery life is especially very great, you can go for it if you are looking for a gaming laptop with good battery life.
4. ASUS ZenBook 13 Ultra-Slim Durable Laptop
This is one of the most stylish laptop on this list, this one is especially very slim, this laptop is very powerful and is powered by an Intel core i7 10th gen processor along with a 16 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD storage. This makes it to our list of best laptop for solidworks because of its lightweight and sleek build
This laptop is not ideal for gamers, however, it can run heavy games at ease, the thermals on this are not suitable for gaming.
- 13.3 Inch wide-view Full HD NanoEdge bezel display with a 95% screen-to-body ratio; Sleek and lightweight at 2.8 lbs for comfortable portability
- Intel Core i7-10510U Quad Core Processor (up to 4.9GHz)
- 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD and 16GB RAM
- Extremely slim and lightweight
- Good battery life
- Affordable pricing
- Good specs
- Trackpad can have issues sometimes
This a very sleek, stylish and powerpacked laptop, this may not be ideal for gamers, but for people who work in offices and need heavy specs, this is an absolute beauty.
5. 2020 HP Pavillion x360
This is the first convertible laptop on our list, this laptop makes it to our list of best laptops for SolidWorks because of its great pricing, specs, and screen quality. Convertible laptops are not ideal for gamers since they don’t provide that heavy graphics support and also heavy screen refresh rates.
This laptop is run by an Intel core i5 1oth gen processor which can easily overpower i7 processors in performance, along with 16 GBs of RAM and 512 GBs of SSD storage.
- 14″ FHD Touch-Screen display
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 processor
- Upgraded to 16GB memory & 512GB PCIe SSD
- 360°flip-and-fold design
- Fingerprint Reader & Backlit keyboard
- Convertible laptop
- Great specs
- Good storage
- Responsive touchscreen and backlit keyboard
- Poor battery life
The price of this laptop justifies its features, seeing the price a laptop offers very much, you may not expect this to do heavy tasks for you, but with regular usage, the laptop works flawlessly.
6. Dell Inspiron 15 5593, i5593-7039SLV-PUS
This laptop is the best balance of price and specs, this laptop makes it to our list of best laptops for Solidworks because of its great specs and nearly perfect pricing. This laptop has the great build quality and good specs, along with good battery backup.
This laptop is powered by the very powerful intel core i7 10th gen processor, which can handle heavy software and games with great ease. It has 16 GB RAM, and 512 GBs of SSD storage with NVIDIA Geforce MX230 graphics.
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065g7 Processor
- 8GB RAM
- Nvidia GeForce MX230 4GB GDDR5 graphics
- 512GB M. 2 PCIe NVMe solid-state Drive
- 15. 6-Inch HD(1920×1080) anti-glare LED-Backlit Non-Touch Display narrow Border
- Perfect specs
- Good pricing
- Durable build
- Good graphics
- Dull screen
- Mediocre battery life
This laptop is one such piece, which I can say is my personal favorite, this one has a good balance of specs and pricing, this is one of the most perfect work laptops on this list.
7. Acer Aspire 5 A515-55-75NC
This is the most efficiently priced laptop on our list, this is also the first laptop with a fingerprint sensor on our list. This one is on our list of best laptops for SolidWorks because of its killer pricing and spectacular specs, priced at just $699.99, it is a bang for the buck.
This laptop is powered by an Intel core i7 10th gen processor, along with 8 GBs of RAM and 512 GBs of NVME SSD storage.
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor, 8GB DDR4 Memory and 512GB NVMe SSD
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display
- Up to 8 Hours of Battery Life
- 1 – USB 3.1 (Type-C) Gen 1 port (up to 5 Gbps), 2 – USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port (one with Power-off Charging), 1 – USB 2.0 Port & 1 – HDMI Port with HDCP Support
- Best and most affordable pricing
- Great screen
- Awesome specs
- Fingerprint sensor
- Average battery life
This laptop is pure value for money, considering the price the specs are just too much! this laptop should be on your list if you are tight on budget.
8. HP – Envy x360 2-in-1 15.6″ Touch-Screen Laptop
This one is a kind of laptop with balanced specs and elegant build. This laptop makes it to our list of best laptop for solidworks because of its good and stylish build quality, this laptop has enough good specs which can provide for slightly heavy office work and casual gaming.
This laptop is powered by an Intel core i7 10th gen processor, along with 12 GBs of RAM and 512 GBs of storage.
- 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 mobile processor:
- 12GB RAM
- 512 GB Solid State Drive (PCI-e)
- 360° flip-and-fold design
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics: On-processor graphics with shared video memory provide everyday image quality for Internet use, basic photo editing and casual gaming.
- Convertible touch screen laptop
- Superior build quality
- Affordable pricing
- Good specs
- Mediocre battery life
- Bad webcam quality
This laptop has a good value to offer, the specs are good for the price, the build quality is superior and the convertibility and the touch screen is an added advantage.
9. Microsoft Surface Laptop 2
This is the kind of laptop which is just here because it had to be, yes, the only Microsoft laptop in our list of best laptop for solidworks, that too only because of its balance specs and elegant build.
This laptop is powered by and Intel core i7 8th gen processor along with 16 GBs of RAM and 512 GBs of SSD storage, the specs on this one are not very strong but seem to be enough.
- Thin and light, starting at just 2.76 pounds
- Latest 8th Generation Intel Core processor
- All day battery life, with up to 14.5 hours of video playback; Vibrant 13.5” PixelSense Display with interactive touchscreen and razor-sharp resolution
- 16 GBs of RAM and 512 GBs of SSD storage
- Awesome Screen quality
- True sense touch screen display
- Good specs
- Lacks Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C ports
If you are pretty lenient on the budget, you must go for this laptop, this laptop is pure class and its specs, display quality are so good that they make it a winner over some macbooks.
10. Lenovo ThinkPad P53s Laptop
This is the first and last Lenovo laptop on our list, this laptop is pretty decent with the specs and pricing and features a fingerprint sensor too, this is the reason why it makes is to our list of best laptops for solidworks.
This laptop works on an Intel core i7 8th gen processor along with 16 GBs of RAM and 512 GBs of SSD storage.
- Intel Core i7-8565U 1. 80GHz Processor
- 16GB DDR4 SODIMM RAM
- NVIDIA Quadro P520 2GB GDDR5 Integrated Graphics
- 15. 6″ Full HD (1920×1080) Display; 802. 11ac Wifi, Bluetooth 5. 0, Ethernet LAN (RJ-45), 720p HD Webcam, Fingerprint Security System, Black Color
- 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Sleek Design
- Great specs
- Good Screen quality
- Great graphics
- Average battery life
- Average webcam quality
This is a pretty decent laptop, it has got everything you need, you may go for this laptop without any hesitation.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Here are some of the frequently asked questions regarding Solidworks laptops.
What is the price range for the best laptop for solidworks?
Best laptops for solidworks start from the price of around $700 and can go up to $2500 too.
What are the specs for the best laptop for solidworks?
The best laptop for solidworks should have a good processor, screen quality, RAM and storage, and good battery life.
What is the use of Solidworks’ laptops?
Solidworks laptops are used for various purposes, the main purposes they are used for are heavy office work, Gaming, etc.
Can I do gaming on a Solidworks laptop?
Yes, you can do gaming on most of the solidworks laptops, however, some are made solely for office usage.
Hope you liked the article, I have tried my personal best to get you the best deal and make you understand what you actually need, if you are still confused about something, you can refer to the FAQs section.
Subscribe to Email Updates :