Louis Leon Guerrero (born November 8, 1950) is a Guamanian politician who has served as Guam’s ninth governor since 2019. Leon Guerrero was a nurse before becoming a senator in the Guam Legislature from 1995 to 2005. She is the first Pacific Islander woman to serve as governor of a state or territory in the U.S.
Lou Leon Guerrero Net Worth
- Lou Leon Guerrero is estimated to have a net worth of about $200 million USD as of 2020.
- She earns most of her income through her political career.
- Her salary is $123,100 per year.
Lou Leon Guerrero’s Husband
- In 2020, Garcia married attorney Jeff Cook.
- Mariana and Joaquin are her two children.
- Based on her dating history, her relationship history is unknown.
Early Life and Education of Lou Leon Guerrero
- Lou Leon Guerrero was born on November 8, 1950, in Guam, United States.
- Her parents are Bank of Guam founder Jesus Sablan Leon Guerrero (1927-2002) and Eugenia Calvo Aflague Leon Guerrero.
- Her brothers were Jesse and Anthony (1952–2005).
- After graduating from the Academy of Our Lady of Guam High School, she moved to the mainland to study and work in Southern California.
- California State University, Los Angeles, awarded her a bachelor’s degree in nursing in 1973, and the University of California, Los Angeles awarded her a master’s degree in nursing.
|Real Name||Lourdes Aflague Leon Guerrero|
|Nick Name||Lou Leon|
|Born||November 8, 1950|
|Age||69 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||9th Governor of Guam|
|Height/ Tall||In feet – 5’6″|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Calvo Aflague Leon Guerrero
Mother:Jesus Sablan Leon Guerrero
|Spouse/ Husband||Jeffrey Cook|
|Education||1. California State University, Los Angeles (BSc)
2. University of California, Los Angeles (MPH)
3. University of Washington (GrDip)
|Net Worth||Approx $200 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook (Inactive)|
Political Career of Lou Leon Guerrero
- Leon Guerrero worked as a nurse at the Santa Monica Hospital in Santa Monica, California, before returning to Guam in 1980.
- She joined Guam Memorial Hospital in 1980 and rose through the ranks to become the hospital’s assistant nursing director.
- Her next position was Director of Operations at the Family Health Plan clinic from 1990 to 1994.
- Leon Guerrero served in the Guam legislatures of the 23rd, 24th, 26th, 27th, and 28th.
Business Career of Lou Leon Guerrero
- Leon Guerrero was named Guam’s Small Business Administration’s 2007 Women in Business Champion.
- In 2009, she graduated from Pacific Coast Banking School at the University of Washington.
- Leon Guerrero succeeds her father and brother as Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer, and President of the Bank of Guam.
- In August 2011, she was appointed a director of BankGuam Holding Company, and she is also a director of Teleguam Holdings, LLC.
- She is also President of the Guam Women’s Chamber of Commerce and Chairwoman of Guampedia.
Age, Height, Weight, and Body Dimensions
- Lou Leon Guerrero will turn 70 in 2021.
- Her height is 5 feet and 6 inches.
- She weighs about 55 kg (121 lbs).
- The exact measurements of her body are unknown.
- She has brown hair and dark brown eyes.
- She wears a size 6 shoe.
Facts about Lou Leon Guerrero.
- Senator Leon Guerrero announced her candidacy for governor of Guam in February 2017.
- President of the Bank of Guam, Joshua Tenorio, has been chosen as her running mate in the upcoming Democratic primaries.
- Additionally, she has a large following on social media.
Thank you for spending your time reading this, hope you did enjoy reading this; visit our website and discover more about greater topics in the rundown. Also don’t miss the opportunity of getting inspired by such successful people and other updates.