Louis Leon Guerrero (born November 8, 1950) is a Guamanian politician who has served as Guam’s ninth governor since 2019. Leon Guerrero was a nurse before becoming a senator in the Guam Legislature from 1995 to 2005. She is the first Pacific Islander woman to serve as governor of a state or territory in the U.S.
Leon Guerrero’s Husband
- In 2020, Garcia married attorney Jeff Cook.
- Mariana and Joaquin are her two children.
- Based on her dating history, her relationship history is unknown.
Leon Guerrero Early Life and Education of Lou Leon Guerrero
- Lou Leon Guerrero was born on November 8, 1950, in Guam, United States.
- Her parents are Bank of Guam founder Jesus Sablan Leon Guerrero (1927-2002) and Eugenia Calvo Aflague Leon Guerrero.
- Her brothers were Jesse and Anthony (1952–2005).
- After graduating from the Academy of Our Lady of Guam High School, she moved to the mainland to study and work in Southern California.
- California State University, Los Angeles, awarded her a bachelor’s degree in nursing in 1973, and the University of California, Los Angeles awarded her a master’s degree in nursing.
Lou Leon Guerrero Bio
|Real Name||Lourdes Aflague Leon Guerrero|
|Nick Name||Lou Leon|
|Born||November 8, 1950|
|Age||69 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||9th Governor of Guam|
|Height/ Tall||In feet – 5’6″|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Calvo Aflague Leon Guerrero
Mother: Jesus Sablan Leon Guerrero
|Spouse/ Husband||Jeffrey Cook|
|Education||1. California State University, Los Angeles (BSc)
2. University of California, Los Angeles (MPH)
3. University of Washington (GrDip)
|Net Worth||Approx $200 million USD (As of 2020)|
Political Career of Lou Leon Guerrero
- Leon Guerrero worked as a nurse at the Santa Monica Hospital in Santa Monica, California, before returning to Guam in 1980.
- She joined Guam Memorial Hospital in 1980 and rose through the ranks to become the hospital’s assistant nursing director.
- Her next position was Director of Operations at the Family Health Plan clinic from 1990 to 1994.
- Leon Guerrero served in the Guam legislatures of the 23rd, 24th, 26th, 27th, and 28th.
Business Career of Lou Guerrero
- Leon Guerrero was named Guam’s Small Business Administration’s 2007 Women in Business Champion.
- In 2009, she graduated from Pacific Coast Banking School at the University of Washington.
- Leon Guerrero succeeds her father and brother as Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer, and President of the Bank of Guam.
- In August 2011, she was appointed a director of BankGuam Holding Company, and she is also a director of Teleguam Holdings, LLC.
- She is also President of the Guam Women’s Chamber of Commerce and Chairwoman of Guampedia.
Lou Leon Guerrero Age, Height, Weight, and Body Dimensions
- Lou Leon Guerrero will turn 70 in 2021.
- Her height is 5 feet and 6 inches.
- She weighs about 55 kg (121 lbs).
- The exact measurements of her body are unknown.
- She has brown hair and dark brown eyes.
- She wears a size 6 shoe.
Know Facts about Leon Guerrero
- Senator Leon Guerrero announced her candidacy for governor of Guam in February 2017.
- President of the Bank of Guam, Joshua Tenorio, has been chosen as her running mate in the upcoming Democratic primaries.
- Additionally, she has a large following on social media.
Lou Leon Guerrero’s Net Worth
- Lou Leon Guerrero is estimated to have a net worth of about $200 million USD as of 2020.
- She earns most of her income through her political career.
- Her salary is $123,100 per year.
Thank you for spending your time reading this, hope you did enjoy reading this; visit our website and discover more about greater topics in the rundown. Also don’t miss the opportunity of getting inspired by such successful people and other updates.
Subscribe to Email Updates :