The Consortium of National Law Universities (NLU Consortium) has issued a notification announcing the new date for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2020 for UG and PG candidates. As per the notification, CLAT 2020 has been scheduled to be held on September 7, 2020, from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
The General Body of NLU Consortium has come up with the new date after a meeting that was held on Monday to review the situation and the precautionary measures required to be taken while conducting the exam in the wake of ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
CLAT 2020 Date & Admit Card 2020
The exam is scheduled to be held on September 7 for both undergraduate and postgraduate course admissions. The CLAT 2020 admit cards will be available to be downloaded within 2 weeks for the candidates who have correctly filled and successfully submitted their application for the entrance exam within the set time limit.
CLAT 2020 will be held in online mode at various centers across the country. The candidates will be able to download the admit card probably by August 24 from the official website NLU Consortium i.e. at consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
CLAT 2020 to be conducted on September 7; Admit cards to be considered as the movement pass for the candidates
The admit cards will be considered as the movement pass for the candidates to be allowed by the authorities to travel between the Containment zone to reach their designated exam center.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown imposed by the Government to combat the virus, CLAT 2020 which was initially scheduled to be held on May 10 was shifted to May 24 earlier and then was postponed to June 21. As the situation wasn’t getting better, the exam got further postponed to August 22 and now it finally going to be held on September 7, 2020.
CLAT 2020 to be conducted on September 7; Precautionary measures to be taken by the centers and NLU Consortium to conduct the exam:
- Staff will be deployed for Crowd Management and orderly movement.
- Staff with Thermo Guns will be present at the entry gate
- Sufficient cleaning staff, center administrators, and invigilators with face masks and hand gloves will be deployed.
- Spray machines with disinfectant liquid will be used to sanitize examination centers thoroughly.
- Sufficient hand sanitizer and hand soap will be present across the test centers and washrooms.
- Candidates with fever or COVID symptoms will not be permitted inside the exam venue. A separate isolation lab will be set up to accommodate these candidates.
- PPE kits will be made available for staff in isolation labs.
- 3 ply masks and gloves will be provided to isolated candidates
CLAT 2020 to be conducted on September 7; Important instructions for the candidates who are going to appear for the exam
- No candidate shall be allowed to enter any examination center without a mask.
- The Consortium will review center locations on an ongoing basis to ensure that students and staff are protected at all times.
- All candidates with temperature > 99.14 will be directed to the isolation lab for taking the examination.
- In case of candidate with a scribe, both the candidate and the scribe must bring their own N95 mask
- Candidates will be permitted to carry following items with them into the venue:
- Personal transparent water bottle
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- A simple pen
- Exam related documents (Admit Card, ID card, etc.)
As the consortium will review center locations on an ongoing basis to ensure the safety of students and staff, candidates are advised to keep visiting the official website for any further update regarding the exam, exam center and instructions.
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is conducted every year for the students seeking admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate courses in law among 22 law universities across India. The exam is organized by the Consortium of National Law Universities having representative universities as members.
Subscribe to Email Updates :