This article will provide detailed information about the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program EBBP, which the federal government started during COVID-19.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
What Is the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?
The EBB program is a government-funded program designed to provide financial assistance to eligible households for internet access during the COVID-19 pandemic. Later this program was replaced by the Affordable connectivity program ACP, So if you are eligible for the EBB program, you are also eligible for ACP.
This program offered discounts for eligible households.
- The EBB program offered $50/mo. To the eligible household for broadband internet service
- EBBP offered $75/mo. For broadband internet service for qualifying tribal lands
- EBBP offered a $100 discount toward the purchase of a laptop, desktop, or tablet
EBB program offers only one monthly broadband service and discounts for one device per household.
The EBB program ended on December 31, 2021, as it was a temporary program during COVID-19, and ACP replaced it as a permanent solution.
How to get Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
To get the EBBP benefits, you need to follow these steps:
You can visit “https://www.usac.org/about/emergency-broadband-benefit-program/.” to check eligibility. It is based on income, participation in specific government assistance programs, or experiencing substantial loss of income due to the pandemic.
Apply for the Program
If eligible, you can apply through the National Verifier website. You’ll need to provide personal information, such as your name, address, and Social Security number.
Choose a Participating Service Provider
After applying, you’ll receive a confirmation of your eligibility and a list of participating internet service providers in your area. Here is a list of some providers participating in the EBB program.
- Boost Mobile
- Cricket Wireless
- T Mobile
You can find the complete list of providers of Emergency Broadband Benefit Program on the FCC website “https://www.fcc.gov/emergency-broadband-benefit-providers”
Verification of Eligibility
Once you’ve signed up for the program and selected the service provider, you must prove eligibility for EBB benefits. To do that, you can provide certain proof.
- Your household income must be at or below 135% of Federal Poverty guidelines.
- You must provide certification of any Government Assistance Program you are enrolled into.
Receive the EBB program Benefit
If approved, you’ll receive a $50/month and a $100 discount for one device per household purchase, depending on your eligibility.
Who qualified for the Emergency Broadband Benefit?
To qualify for the EBB program benefits, you must fully fill in these eligible criteria.
- Household income should be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guideline.
- You must be a U.S. citizen for that; you must provide documents such as a passport, Driving license, or SSN.
- You must provide proof of participation in any Government Assistance Programs, such as Medicaid, SNAP, or Lifeline.
- Those who experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020, and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers.
Emergency broadband benefit program sign up – Step to step
Step-by-step guide for EBBP benefits.
- Before signing up, ensure you are eligible for EBBP benefits by checking them on FCC’s official website or contacting the provider participating in EBBP.
- Visit “https://www.usac.org/about/emergency-broadband-benefit-program/” and click Apply now and fill in the necessary information to sign up.
- After that, choose a service that offers EBBP benefits. You can find the list of providers here “https://www.fcc.gov/emergency-broadband-benefit-providers”
- Upload the necessary documents, such as proof of income, proof of citizenship, and certification of participation in any government assistance program.
- After completing all the steps, wait for FCC to check your documents, and if you qualify, you can start receiving EBBP benefits.
Emergency Broadband Benefit Program ATT
AT&T is one of the participating internet service providers of EBBP. Here are the details of EBBP benefits offered by AT&T
- Up to $30/mo or $75/mo for tribal lands discount on the monthly internet bill.
- No activation fees
- EBBP benefits both new and existing customers
- No contract required
Emergency Broadband Benefit Program Spectrum
Eligible households can receive EBBP benefits from Spectrum. Here is the list of EBBP benefits.
- Up to $50/mo discount on monthly internet bills
- 50MBPs internet speed
- Free In-home WIFI
- No contracts you can cancel anytime
Emergency Broadband Benefit Program Xfinity
Xfinity is also providing EBBP benefits. Here are the details of benefits offered by Xfinity:
- Up to $50/mo and $75/mo tribal land discount on the internet bill
- No contract required
- Free modem and wifi router
Emergency Broadband Benefit Program Straight Talk
Straight Talk provides prepaid wireless services nationwide and is also one of the providers of EBBP benefits. Here is the list of benefits you will receive.
- Up to $50/mo and $75/mo tribal land discount toward internet bills
- No contract required
What is the EBBP?
The EBBP is a temporary program created by the FCC to help eligible households stay connected to the internet during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Which providers are participating in EBBP?
You can check the complete list of providers here
When did Emergency Broadband Benefit Program end?
The EBB program was a temporary program by the Federal government. It ended on 31 December 2021
Which program replaced EBBP?
The Affordable Connectivity Program ACP replaces EBBP as a permanent solution.
Signup For Our Newsletter