MetroPCS Activate New Phone With Old SIM Card – MetroPCS, known as Metro by T-Mobile, is an American wireless service provider established by Roger Linquist and Malcolm Lorang in 1994.
The provider offers cell phones, data, home internet plans, tablets, and other mobile devices to T-Mobile’s network. However, when you replace your old MetroPCS phone and receive one, you need to activate your old SIM so that you won’t lose your old number.
This article covers detailed information about MetroPCS activate a new phone with an old SIM card.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
- 1 MetroPCS Activate New Phone with Old SIM Card
- 2 What do I need to do before activating My New MetroPCS Phone?
- 3 Take Metro Subscription
- 4 Check your phone’s compatibility with Metro
- 5 Can I activate a new MetroPCS phone with an old SIM card?
- 6 MetroPCS process to activate a new phone with an old SIM card
- 7 MetroPCS Activate New Phone With Old SIM Cards for Existing Customers
- 8 What to do if you cannot activate your new MetroPCS Phone with an old SIM Card?
- 9 How to activate a New BYOP Metro phone with an old SIM Card?
- 10 Benefits you enjoy after activating your Metro PCS New Phone
- 11 FAQs About MetroPCS
MetroPCS Activate New Phone with Old SIM Card
To MetroPCS activate a new phone with an old SIM card, it is important to consider some prerequisites. The MetroPCS new phone activation is essential to allow you to enjoy the plans, benefits, and services of Metro.
So, please refer to the MetroPCS activate a new phone with old SIM card requirements and then see the steps to activate your MetroPCS new phone with old SIM –
What do I need to do before activating My New MetroPCS Phone?
There are certain prerequisites to be able to Activate MetroPCS new phone With an old SIM card –
Take Metro Subscription
You first need to become a Metro customer. MetroPCS activate the new phone with an old SIM card requires a subscription to this wireless provider. But before you go for its subscription, you must ensure that the company has network coverage in your area of residence. You can check the company’s coverage at metrobyt-mobile.com/coverage/coverage-map.
Check your phone’s compatibility with Metro
MetroPCS activate new phones with an old SIM card and demands you to check your phone’s compatibility with the Metro network in case you are planning to bring your phone. You can check your phone’s compatibility with Metro at metrobyt-mobile.com/resources/bring-your-own-phone.
Once you become a Metro subscriber, you will need the following MetroPCS activate a new phone with an old SIM card –
- A new Metro cell phone – It may be a phone you purchased from the Metro store or a Metro-compatible phone that you decided to change to Metro.
- A valid Metro SIM card
- Information such as the phone’s ID number, address, email, etc., will be needed during the MetroPCS activation of the new phone with the old SIM card.
You must also choose a rate plan during your MetroPCS new phone activation with the old SIM card.
Can I activate a new MetroPCS phone with an old SIM card?
It is possible to activate a new MetroPCS phone with an old SIM card. But, you must fulfill specific requirements –
- The first condition demands you to be an active Metro customer, as you can only activate your MetroPCS new phone with a Metro account.
- Since you are activating your MetroPCS new phone with your old SIM card, your old SIM must be valid and in good working condition. In addition, it must fit in your new MetroPCS phone’s slot.
- You will have to purchase a new SIM card if your old SIM card fails to meet these requirements.
- Last but not least, you need to purchase a phone from the Metro store or a compatible device from another service provider.
If you meet the above conditions, you can activate MetroPCS’s new phone with the old SIM.
MetroPCS process to activate a new phone with an old SIM card
Many methods exist to activate your MetroPCS new phone with an old SIM card.
Below, we have covered all of them –
MetroPCS activate new phones with old SIM cards for New Customers
If you are a new customer and want to activate your new MetroPCS with an old SIM card, you can follow these simple steps –
- First, contact Metro’s customer service and provide the details to find your order. You will need your order number and ZIP code to help the representative find your order.
- Alternatively, if you want to activate a MetroPCS new phone with an old SIM by yourself, you can visit metrobyt-mobile.com/self-service/activate.
- Then click on ‘Activate your phone in the right column.
Please follow the below steps if you have purchased your Metro phone or SIM card from another retailer –
- Prepare your phone and SIM. Then find your phone’s IMEI number by dialing *#06# in your phone’s dialer. You can locate your IMEI number on the label under the phone’s battery.
- Select your MetroPCS monthly plan at metrobyt-mobile.com/.
- Pay for the first month of service.
- You will require details like your name, contact, and email id. So please keep the information handy.
- Go to metrobyt-mobile.com/self-service/activate Click on ‘activate your phone at the bottom of the left column.
MetroPCS Activate New Phone With Old SIM Cards for Existing Customers
Follow the below steps in case you are an existing customer of MetroPCS –
- Visit a Metro store in your area. You can search for the nearby Metro store at metro by-mobile.com/storelocator.
- You need to enter your ZIP code in the provided search box, and you will see a list of Metro stores near you.
- After you search your nearest store, visit the store with your MetroPCS phone, SIM card, and all required data and request a MetroPCS representative to activate the new phone with the old SIM card.
- Alternatively, you can call Metro customer care support service at 1-888-863-8768 and talk to a representative to help you to activate your MetroPCS new phone with an old SIM. Here too, you will need your phone, SIM card, etc. So please keep them ready beforehand.
Some customers may have a Metro SIM card already activated with another device earlier. Such customers need to follow these simple steps –
- Customers need to insert their Metro SIM card into their new MetroPCS phone.
- Then try turning on the network and placing a call or using the internet.
- You may use your Metro services on the first trial without MetroPCS phone activation.
What to do if you cannot activate your new MetroPCS Phone with an old SIM Card?
Once you complete the phone activation process, you should check whether MetroPCS activate a new phone with the old SIM card process is completed. You can do so by trying a call or using your data. If you can use both, the activation process is completed.
However, in rare case, if it doesn’t happen, you can solve this problem by contacting Metro’s customer support and explaining the problem to them.
The customer service representative will assist you further with activation.
How to activate a New BYOP Metro phone with an old SIM Card?
If you want to activate your BYOP Metro phone with an old SIM card, you need to keep these things in mind –
The phone that you select to change to Metro must be carrier-unlocked. If not, contact the provider that sold you the phone and ask them to unlock it remotely.
Your phone must be compatible with Metro services. To check your phone’s compatibility with Metro, you can visit metrobyt-mobile.com/cell-phone/metro-by-t-mobile-sim-card.
After you find your phone compatible with Metro, you can activate the device using any of the methods mentioned above in this article.
Benefits you enjoy after activating your Metro PCS New Phone
After your MetroPCS phone activation, you can enjoy the multiple benefits Metro offers, including –
Firstly, you will be able to select any of Metro’s plans and get a $30-a-month discount on any of the company’s plans if you are eligible for ACP government-aided benefits.
- You can take advantage of the company’s regular deals on devices.
- You can also enjoy Metro’s nationwide network.
- You can get other reliable Metro services and contact the company’s customer care if you have issues.
FAQs About MetroPCS
How long does the MetroPCS activation process take?
The MetroPCS activation process takes no time, and your phone should activate immediately after completing the activation process.
How to order a new Metro SIM card if needed?
You can buy a new Metro SIM card online or from any Metro store.
Do I require to activate a Metro replacement or upgrade phone?
No, if you have a replacement or Metro phone upgraded phone, you likely would not need to carry out the activation process. You need to insert your Metro SIM into the new device, and you are good to go.
Can I activate a Metro Tablet?
You can activate a Metro tablet by contacting the company’s customer support service or following the aforementioned steps.
Subscribe to Email Updates :