Want to know how to activate your MetroPCS new phone with an old SIM card? If yes, then you have stumbled upon the right article.
MetroPCS, known as Metro by T-Mobile, is an American wireless service provider established by Roger Linquist and Malcolm Lorang in 1994.
The provider offers cell phones, data, home internet plans, tablets, and other mobile devices to T-Mobile’s network. However, when you replace your old MetroPCS phone and receive one, you need to activate your old SIM so that you won’t lose your old number.
This article covers detailed information about MetroPCS activating a new phone with an old SIM card and other related information
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
MetroPCS Activate New Phone with Old SIM Card
To MetroPCS activate a new phone with an old SIM card, it is important to consider some prerequisites. The MetroPCS new phone activation is essential to allow you to enjoy Metro’s plans, benefits, and services.
So, please refer to the MetroPCS activate a new phone with old SIM card requirements and then see the steps to activate your MetroPCS new phone with old SIM –
What Do I Need To Do Before Activating My New MetroPCS Phone?
There are certain prerequisites to be able to Activate the MetroPCS new phone With an old SIM card –
Take Metro Subscription
MetroPCS activating the new phone with an old SIM card requires a subscription to this wireless provider. You can easily pay your MetroPCS bill online to save you time.
But before you go for its subscription, you must ensure that the MetroPCS network coverage is available in your area of residence. You can check the company’s coverage at metrobyt-mobile.com/coverage/coverage-map.
Check Your Phone’s Compatibility With Metro
MetroPCS activates new phones with an old SIM card and demands you check your phone’s compatibility with the Metro network if you plan to bring your phone. You can check your phone’s compatibility with Metro at metrobyt-mobile.com/resources/bring-your-own-phone.
Once you become a Metro subscriber, you will need the following MetroPCS to activate a new phone with an old SIM card –
- A new Metro cell phone may be a phone you purchased from the Metro store or a Metro-compatible phone that you decided to change to Metro.
- A valid Metro SIM card
- Information such as the phone’s ID number, address, email, etc., will be needed during the MetroPCS activation of the new phone with the old SIM card.
You must also choose a rate plan with the old SIM card during your MetroPCS new phone activation.
Can I Activate a New MetroPCS Phone With An Old SIM Card?
Upon receiving a MetroPCS free phone or buying a new phone, It is possible to activate it with an old SIM card. But, you must fulfill specific requirements –
- The first condition demands you to be an active Metro customer, as you can only activate your MetroPCS new phone with a Metro account.
- Since you are activating your MetroPCS new phone with your old SIM card, your old SIM must be valid and in good working condition. In addition, it must fit in your new MetroPCS phone’s slot.
- You will have to purchase a new SIM card if your old SIM card fails to meet these requirements.
- Last but not least, you need to purchase a phone from the Metro store or a compatible device from another service provider.
If you meet the above conditions, you can activate MetroPCS’s new phone with the old SIM.
MetroPCS Process To Activate A New Phone With An Old SIM Card
Many methods exist to activate your MetroPCS new phone with an old SIM card.
Below, we have covered all of them –
MetroPCS activate new phones with old SIM cards for New Customers
If you are a new customer and want to activate your new MetroPCS phone for free with an old SIM card, you can follow these simple steps –
- First, contact Metro’s customer service and provide the details to find your order.
- You will need your order number and ZIP code to help the representative find your order.
- Alternatively, if you want to activate a MetroPCS new phone with an old SIM by yourself, you can visit metrobyt-mobile.com/self-service/activate.
- Click on “My Account” and fill in your login details.
- Then click on “Activate your phone” in the right column.
Please follow the below steps if you have purchased your Metro phone or SIM card from another retailer –
- Prepare your phone and SIM. Then, find your phone’s IMEI number by dialling *#06# in your phone’s dialer. You can locate your IMEI number on the label under the phone’s battery.
- Select your MetroPCS monthly plan in advance. You can easily buy a plan by making a guest payment on MetroPCS.
- Now click on Activate your phone
- You will require details like your name, contact, and email ID. So please keep the information handy.
- After that, just follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
MetroPCS Activate New Phone With Old SIM Cards for Existing Customers
Follow the below steps in case you have a new phone through MetroPCS Phone Deals for Existing Customers –
- Visit a Metro store in your area. You can search for the nearby Metro store at metro by-mobile.com/storelocator.
- You need to enter your ZIP code in the provided search box, and you will see a list of Metro stores near you.
- After you search your nearest store, visit the store with your MetroPCS phone, SIM card, and all required data and request a MetroPCS representative to activate the new phone with the old SIM card.
- Alternatively, you can call Metro customer care support service at 1-888-863-8768 and talk to a representative to help you activate your MetroPCS new phone with an old SIM.
- You will also need your phone, SIM card, etc. So please keep them ready beforehand.
Some customers may have a Metro SIM card already activated with another device earlier. Such customers need to follow these simple steps –
- Customers need to insert their Metro SIM card into their new MetroPCS phone.
- Then, try turning on the network and placing a call or using the internet.
- You may use Metro services on the first trial without MetroPCS phone activation.
What to do if you cannot activate your new MetroPCS Phone with an old SIM Card?
Once you complete the phone activation process, you should check whether MetroPCS activate a new phone with the old SIM card process is completed. You can do so by trying a call or using your data. If you can use both, the activation process is completed.
However, in rare cases, if it doesn’t happen, you can solve this problem by contacting Metro’s customer support and explaining the problem to them.
The customer service representative will assist you further with activation.
How to activate a New BYOP Metro phone with an old SIM Card?
To activate a device that you bring under the MetroPCS bring your own phone program, you need to keep these things in mind –
The phone that you select to change to Metro must be carrier-unlocked. If not, contact the provider that sold you the phone and ask them to unlock it remotely.
Your phone must be compatible with Metro services. To check your phone’s compatibility with Metro, you can visit metrobyt-mobile.com/cell-phone/metro-by-t-mobile-sim-card.
After you find your phone compatible with Metro, you can activate the device using any of the methods mentioned above in this article.
Top 4 MetroPCS Compatible Phones
If you are someone looking to buy a MetroPCS-compatible phone. Here are some of the best options for you.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is an amazing device that lets you enjoy the super fast 5G internet on the MetroPCS network.
It offers the following specifications.
- 6.8-inch 3088 x 1440 Dynamic AMOLED 2X display
- 8GB, 12GB, or 16GB of RAM
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB of storage
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor
- 5000mAh battery
Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G
Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G offers the following features.
- 6.6-inch FHD+ (2400 x 1080) IPS LCD display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 processor
- 6GB or 8GB RAM
- 128GB or 256GB internal storage Up to 1TB expandable storage with microSD card
- 5000mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy A53 5G
Apart from being one of the best 5G phones on the market, it provides the following features.
- 6.5-inch Super AMOLED display
- 64MP back and front 32MP camera
- Octa-core Exynos 1280 processor
- 6GB or 8GB of RAM
- 128GB or 256GB of storage. Expandable storage via microSDXC (up to 1TB)
- 5000mAh battery
Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max
It’s a high-end phone with a triple-lens camera system, a long-lasting battery, and a powerful processor.
It has the following features:
- 6.7 inches Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion
- A15 Bionic chip with 6-core CPU
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB storage
- RAM 6GB
- Operating system iOS 15
Comparison Table of MetroPCS Compatible Phones
Here is a table.
|Apple iPhone 13
G Stylus 5G
|A15 Bionic chip
|Snapdragon 695 5G
|Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
|12MP (wide), 12MP (ultrawide), 12MP (telephoto)
|64MP (main), 12MP (ultrawide), 5MP (macro), 5MP (depth)
|50MP (main), 8MP (ultrawide), 5MP (macro), 2MP (depth)
108MP (main), 12MP (ultrawide), 10MP (telephoto), 10MP (telephoto)
|Up to 28 hours of video playback
|Up to 2 days
|Up to 2 days
|Up to 2 days
|128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB
|128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB
Benefits you enjoy after activating your Metro PCS New Phone
After your MetroPCS phone activation, you can enjoy the multiple benefits Metro offers, including –
Firstly, you will be able to select any of Metro’s plans and get a $30-a-month discount on any of the company’s plans if you are eligible for ACP government-aided benefits.
- You can take advantage of the company’s regular deals on devices.
- You can also enjoy Metro’s nationwide network.
- You can get other reliable Metro services and contact the company’s customer care if you have issues.
How long does the MetroPCS activation process take?
The MetroPCS activation process takes no time, and your phone should activate immediately after completing the activation process.
How to order a new Metro SIM card if needed?
You can buy a new Metro SIM card online or from any Metro store.
Do I require to activate a Metro replacement or upgrade the phone?
No, if you have a replacement or Metro phone upgraded phone, you likely would not need to carry out the activation process. You need to insert your Metro SIM into the new device, and you are good to go.
Can I activate a Metro Tablet?
You can activate a Metro tablet by contacting the company’s customer support service or following the aforementioned steps.
Subscribe to Email Updates :