Henry Dargan McMaster is an American politician serving as 117th governor of South Carolina since 2017. He is an attorney by profession born on May 27, 1947...
Biographical Data, Henry McMaster
|Age||76 Years Old|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Kids||Henry McMaster Jr., Mary Rogers|
Facts About Henry McMaster
- Henry McMaster is serving as Governor of South Carolina.
- McMaster served as a legislative assistant to U.S. Senator Strom Thurmond in the early 1970s.
- He was a partner at the law firm of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough before entering politics.
- McMaster ran for governor in 2010 but lost in the Republican primary to Nikki Haley.
- He was elected as the Lieutenant Governor of South Carolina in 2014 and assumed office in January 2015.
- He was re-elected as governor in 2018, winning the general election and securing a full term.
- He has been involved in disaster management, particularly during hurricanes and other emergencies affecting South Carolina.
- McMaster has been a vocal supporter of former President Donald Trump and his policies.
Relevant People & Companies
Latest News About Henry McMaster
Henry McMaster (full name Henry Dargan McMaster) is an American politician and attorney. He is also a prominent member of the Republican Party of the USA. He...
Henry McMaster Networth
In 2022-23, Henry McMaster’s net worth is estimated to be $106,078. He and his wife, earns approx. $1.7 million from their several rental residences on the University of South Carolina premises and other family businesses, including beach property on Pawley’s Island.
Henry McMaster Biography
Henry McMaster is an American politician currently serving as the Governor of South Carolina. He was born on May 27, 1947, in Columbia, South Carolina. McMaster is a member of the Republican Party. Before becoming governor, McMaster had a long and distinguished political career. He started his public service as a legislative assistant to U.S. Senator Strom Thurmond in the early 1970s. Later, he served as the United States Attorney for the District of South Carolina from 1981 to 1985.
McMaster’s first attempt at running for governor was in 2010. Still, he lost in the Republican primary to Nikki Haley, who won the general election and became South Carolina’s governor. However, in 2014, he was elected as the Lieutenant Governor of South Carolina and assumed office in January 2015. In 2017, when President Donald Trump appointed Nikki Haley as the United States Ambassador to the United Nations, McMaster became the Governor of South Carolina. He was then re-elected in 2018, winning the general election and securing a full term as governor.
During his tenure as governor, McMaster has focused on job creation, economic development, and education. He has also been involved in disaster management, particularly during hurricanes and other South Carolina emergencies.
My knowledge cutoff was in September 2021, so there may have been developments or changes in Henry McMaster’s political career since then.