Do you wish to get free landline phone service with free internet? If yes, you have stumbled upon the right webpage.
In this article, you will learn about eligibility, the application process, benefit, etc., of free landline phone services with other relevant details.
So without further delay, let’s begin –
What is Free Landline Phone Service With The Internet?
This service is offered by Federal Communications Commission via the Lifeline program with the help of several participating Internet Service Providers (ISPs). The service includes a high-speed internet connection with a traditional landline phone service.
The program works to subsidize landline and mobile phone services. Through the program, low-income households can access free or affordable phone services.
The Lifeline Assistance Program is available across the country in all states, territories, and Tribal Lands. Its main goal is to facilitate Americans with basic needs and connect them with family, friends, emergency services, and jobs.
How do I Qualify for a Free Landline Phone with the Internet?
As mentioned, you must qualify for the Lifeline program for a free landline phone service.
The FCC has set certain eligibility criteria for the Lifeline Assistance Program. The prerequisites to get qualified for the Lifeline program are as follows –
- You must have completed 18 years of age or be an emancipated minor.
- You must be a citizen of the state where you apply for a free landline phone service.
If you fulfill these two conditions, you may check for further requirements.
There are two main eligibility conditions for the Lifeline program. You must meet anyone out of the below requirements.
You are Lifeline eligible if your annual family income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
You can also qualify for the Lifeline program as a beneficiary of the other government support program. Your participation in one of the following programs can qualify you for the Lifeline program.
- Food Stamps/Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
If you belong to Tribal land, you may check your participation in the following program –
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Assistance
- Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Tribal TANF
Documents Required For Free Landline Phone Service With Internet
Merely fulfilling the eligibility is insufficient to receive the benefits of the Lifeline Assistance Program. You must prove your qualification with the help of supporting documents based on your eligibility.
Let’s check the required documents you need during the application according to your eligibility –
Proof of income
If you apply based on your household income, you must submit a document containing your income with your full name.
The accepted documents are as follows.
- Current income statement from your employer
- The prior year’s tax returns (Federal, state, or Tribal)
- Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Social Security Statement of Benefits
- Veterans Administration Statement of Benefits
- 12-month paycheck stubs
- Pension statement of benefits
- Divorce decree
- Child support award
Proof of program participation
If you apply for the free landline phone service with internet via the Lifeline program based on your participation in any other government support program, you must submit a document that contains your full name, the program’s name, the name of the authority issuing the certificate, the date of issuance of the document, etc.
The following are the accepted documents –
- Government approval letter
- Benefits award letter
- Program verification letter
- Assistance program statement of benefits
- Children’s school documentation
In addition to your eligibility documents, you may require some documents to verify your age, identity, or address. Therefore, you must have a copy of the following documents –
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s license
- US passport
- Foreign passport
- Certificate of citizenship
- Certificate of emancipation (if an emancipated minor)
- Certificate of naturalization
- A military, state, or Tribal ID
How to Apply for Free Landline Phone Service with the Internet?
There are three different ways you can apply for free landline phone service with the internet –
Online application via the National Verifier
You can choose to apply online for Lifeline Assistance through the National Verifier.
The steps to apply online are as follows –
- Go to the National Verifier’s official site at nv.fcc.gov/lifeline.
- Select the “Consumer sign-in” on the top of the screen. You may sign in directly with your credentials if you are an existing customer.
- Select the “Create your account” option if you are a new customer.
- Make your account with the correct details and log in.
- Now, select your state by clicking on the drop-down icon.
- Click on the “Get started” icon once you select your state.
- You will see the application form for the National Verifier.
- Fill up the application form with your correct details.
- Upload your eligibility documentation.
- Lastly, check and submit your form.
Application via mail
You can also apply for the Lifeline program via mail to get free landline phone service with the internet. To do so, you must download and take a print of the application form.
Fill out the application form manually and attach the eligibility supporting documents. Lastly, send your application package to the following address- Lifeline Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742
Application through the Provider
You can also apply for the Lifeline program through any preferred provider.
Please look for the instructions below to do the same.
- Find a Lifeline provider in your state offering free landline phone service with the internet. Here, we have covered a list of Lifeline participating service providers in the United States.
- Once you locate a provider, contact them to enquire about their application procedure.
- If your preferred provider facilitates online application, please visit their official website to complete their form. If your provider does not provide an online application, you can visit their office and complete it in person.
- If your application is approved, you must schedule an installation appointment with your provider.
- They will visit your home to set up the landline phone and internet services.
Benefits of Free Landline Phone Service with Internet
The following are some benefits of free Landline phone service with the Internet –
- $9.25 ($34.25 on Tribal Lands) discount on monthly internet bills
- 1,000 minutes of talk time
- 4.5 GB data with 3G mobile internet speeds
- 1229 GB data on broadband internet with 25 Mbps internet speeds
Provider Who Offers Free Landline Phone Service with the Internet?
We have mentioned the list of top providers that offer free Landline phone services in the United States –
Comcast Xfinity is the first on the list, offering bundled services with internet and phone packages. You have numerous options and various plans of varying speeds and features.
To look at a few, the Xfinity X1 Starter Double Play package has download speeds of up to 100 Mbps, unlimited calling within the country, and many features like caller ID, voicemail, and call waiting.
The second on our list is Verizon, the country’s largest service provider. Verizon Fios is well-known for its high-speed fiber-optic internet service, and you also get a bundled package, including the landline phone service.
The Fios Internet and Voice plan comes with a download speed of up to 200 Mbps, unlimited nationwide calling, and amazing features like caller id, voicemail, and call waiting.
AT&T is another top service provider participating in the Lifeline program and offering free landline phone service. AT&T Internet offers bundled packages with up to 1 Gbps download speeds, unlimited local calling, and features such as caller ID, voicemail, and call waiting.
Fourth, we have Cox Communications, which offers bundled packages, including internet and phone service. Their Cox Bronze Bundle comes with a download speed of up to 150 Mbps, unlimited nationwide calling, and a feature of call waiting, caller ID, and voicemail.
We have Spectrum Internet at number five with various bundled packages, including phone and internet services. The Spectrum Internet and its voice packages have a download speed of up to 200 Mbps and unlimited nationwide calling. The package includes caller ID, voicemail, and a call waiting.
How do I get free landline phone service with the internet?
You can get free landline phone service by participating in and qualifying for the federal Lifeline assistance program.
How do I find a free landline phone service with internet near me?
You can locate a free landline phone service nearby by checking your local government offices or non-profit organizations. You can see if the service is available in your area. Search for local internet providers and check with your preferred providers whether they offer such services with internet packages.
What service provider provides the best free landline phone service with the internet?
AT&T Internet provides the best landline phone service with internet with over 1 Gbps and wonderful features like call waiting, caller ID, and voicemail.
Should I renew my free landline phone service yearly?
Yes. You must renew your landline phone services annually. It is a Lifeline requirement for qualified individuals to re-verify their eligibility annually.
Subscribe to Email Updates :