Biographical Data, Richard Irvin
|Age||53 Years Old|
Facts About Richard Irvin
- Richard C. Irvin, an American lawyer, and politician, currently serves as the mayor of Aurora, Illinois.
- Born on March 29, 1970, in Aurora, Illinois, Irvin was raised by a single mother and attended East Aurora High School.
- After graduating high school, Irvin enlisted in the U.S. Army and served during the Gulf War. He earned a B.A. from Robert Morris College and a J.D. from the Northern Illinois University College of Law in 1998.
- In 2007, Irvin made history as the first African-American male elected to the Aurora City Council as an alderman-at-large. He was re-elected for a second term in 2011.
- In 2017, Irvin ran for mayor of Aurora and defeated the incumbent, Tom Weisner. He was re-elected for a second term in 2021, focusing on the city's economic development, public safety, and education.
Relevant People & Companies
Latest News About Richard Irvin
No posts found with the name "Auto Draft".
Richard Irvin Networth
Richard Irvin’s net worth is estimated to be around $10 million. His primary source of income is his law practice, which he has been running since 1998. He has also earned money from his political career, including his time as mayor of Aurora, Illinois.
Richard Irvin Biography
Richard C. Irvin is an American lawyer, politician, and the current mayor of Aurora, Illinois. He was born on March 29, 1970, in Aurora, Illinois, and was raised by a single mother. Irvin attended East Aurora High School and later enlisted in the U.S. Army, serving in the Gulf War. After military service, he earned a B.A. from Robert Morris College and a J.D. from the Northern Illinois University College of Law in 1998.
In addition to his legal education, Irvin has been involved in education as a substitute teacher in the East Aurora School District and as an adjunct professor at both Robert Morris College and Northern Illinois University. Irvin made history in 2007 when he became the first African-American male elected to the Aurora City Council as an alderman-at-large. He was re-elected for a second term in 2011. In 2017, he ran for mayor of Aurora and successfully defeated the incumbent, Tom Weisner. Irvin was re-elected for a second term in 2021.
During his tenure as mayor, Irvin has prioritized economic development, public safety, and education in Aurora. He has actively worked to attract new businesses and create job opportunities for the city’s residents. Additionally, he has focused on reducing crime rates and enhancing the quality of education for Aurora’s residents. In 2022, Irvin ran for the Republican nomination for the governor of Illinois. He emerged as the primary winner, defeating six other candidates, and advanced to the general election, where he faced incumbent Democratic Governor J.B. Pritzker. However, Pritzker won the general election with a comfortable margin.
As a conservative Republican, Irvin holds positions that are pro-life, pro-gun, and in support of lower taxes. He is also a strong advocate for law enforcement. Richard C. Irvin is married to Erika Irvin, and they are proud parents of two children.