This article covers detailed information about how to get a free laptop with EBT, eligibility criteria, the application process, and more in detail.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
- 1 Free Laptop with EBT
- 1.1 Eligibility criteria for a Free Laptop with EBT
- 1.2 How to apply for a Free Laptop with EBT?
- 1.3 Some Free Laptop Providers with EBT
- 1.4 FAQs
- 1.5 Can I get a free tablet with EBT?
- 1.6 Can I Get a Free Laptop With EBT?
- 1.7 Can I Get Both a Free Laptop With EBT and Free Internet Services?
Free Laptop with EBT
Nowadays, a laptop is essential for students and workers. However, not every individual can afford to buy an expensive device for their needs. For such people, the United States government has introduced a program named EBT for low-income families to fulfill their needs.
EBT is an Electronic Benefits Transfer program by the state welfare department. People who previously participated in the Food Stamps Program or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program will be provided with an EBT card that can be used in retail stores to buy non-edible items such as household supplies, cosmetics, medicine, supplements, and others.
Moreover, participants who qualify for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program will automatically qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and Lifeline. Such eligible people will receive EBT services like laptops, phones, and monthly internet services.
Eligibility criteria for a Free Laptop with EBT
The eligibility criteria for a free laptop with EBT are mentioned below –
- You need to ensure that you are eligible for the program; as given in the guidelines, the monthly salary of a household should not be more than 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Participants should work a minimum of 30 hours per week which includes students, caregivers, people in drug rehabilitation, and others.
- Every household should have a minimum amount of $2000 in their bank accounts, and for senior citizens and disabled people, households may have $3500 in countable resources.
- Immigrant people living in the U.S. should be legal participants in SNAP.
- Previously participated in other government-provided programs like SNAP or Lifeline.
How to apply for a Free Laptop with EBT?
Applicants will need to use their membership cards of SNAP in order to complete the EBT qualifying procedure.
SNAP beneficiaries will be provided with some amount of money under the EBT program. You will not receive a free laptop, but you will be able to get a heavy discount on the purchase of a new laptop.
Here is how you can apply for a free laptop with EBT –
Step 1- Open a browser and visit the National Verifier website and complete the verification process to check if you qualify for the program.
Step 2- After getting a confirmation message, visit the official website of SNAP and click on the EBT program.
Step 3- Provide your required details like name, address, state, zip code, active phone number, and others, and submit your application form.
Step 4- Attach a soft copy of your required documents and click on “submit.”
Applicants must provide the following documents to complete the procedure to get a free laptop –
- Driver’s license
- U.S. Passport
- I.D. from the United States government, military, or state
- Citizenship certificate or birth certificate or permanent resident card, or social security card
- Naturalization Certificate
- Permanent Resident Alien Card
- Proof of participation in other government-provided programs
- Income proof
Some Free Laptop Providers with EBT
Below we have covered a list of some free laptop providers with EBT –
Computer With Causes
It is a non-profit organization that provides free laptops and computers through federal government programs to students, teachers, parents, elders, and others.
Visit computerswithcauses.org/application and fill out the application form and complete the application process. You will be notified when you are qualified.
PCs For People
PCs For People is a non-profit organization that provides laptops and free internet services to low-income families. Read the terms and conditions before filling out the application form from its official website.
Human I-T is a service provider of the ACP program. You will get a discount on laptops and monthly internet services. To apply, go to human-i-t.org/acp and fill out the application form, and you will be notified if you get selected for the program.
Can I get a free tablet with EBT?
You cannot get a free tablet with EBT, but you can get a discounted tablet with EBT.
Can I Get a Free Laptop With EBT?
Yes, you can get a free laptop from government-provided programs. Visit their website and read the terms and conditions before applying. An incomplete form or any wrong information in the form will not qualify for the EBT program.
Can I Get Both a Free Laptop With EBT and Free Internet Services?
Yes, ACP and Lifeline providers that offer free laptops also offer free internet services.
Subscribe to Email Updates :