I couldn’t be more excited to share my personal experience with you on how I received a Free Government iPhone 12 Mini.
iPhone 12 is Apple’s fourteenth generation “affordable flagship” iPhone series launched in 2020. Although it was considered affordable, many people still cannot afford it.
As the American government offers free smartphones through some of its special assistance programs, people are more curious to know whether it is possible to get an iPhone 12 mini from the government.
So, with this article, let me share how you guys can apply for a free iPhone 12 Mini, its eligibility criteria, required documents, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
Top 3 Free Government iPhone 12 Mini Programs
Here are the Top 3 Programs.
Get the most helpful tips on government schemes, internet deals and much more from World-Wire directly into your inbox.
Lifeline Assistance Program
Lifeline is an older program inaugurated in 1985 that offers a $9.25 monthly discount on phone bills to non-tribal households and a $30.34 monthly discount to tribal land people.
Many service providers are enrolled in this program and offer several benefits to low-income people, such as a free government iPhone that includes an iPhone 12 Mini.
Affordable Connectivity Program
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a new program initiated in 2021 to provide a larger scale of free or discounted phone services.
The program offers a $30 monthly discount to non-tribal people and up to $75 monthly internet discount to qualified tribal land households.
ACP also offers a one-time discount of $100 to purchase tablets and other internet-connecting devices, such as laptops or desktop computers, with a small contribution of $10-$50.
Some providers under the ACP also offer a free government iPhone 12 Mini Program.
Connect America Fund
Connect America Fund CAF is another federal government program that offers funds directly to broadband companies so that they can make technology more affordable in rural areas.
Explore how to secure a Free Government iPhone 12 or ‘Free Government iPhone 11‘ with our succinct guide, ensuring you navigate through eligibility and application processes smoothly, and unlock a world of connectivity and resources today.
Does Government Offers Free iPhone 12 Mini?
Yes. The government offers free iPhone 12 mini to eligible low-income people through its assistance program offering free or discounted telecommunication services.
The two most widespread programs are the Lifeline and the ACP program. Both programs help low-income people access affordable wireless technology.
A free iPhone 12 mini is available through these programs via the various participating service providers that offer this brand-new iPhone.
How To Get Free Government iPhone 12 Mini?
You can get a free government iPhone 12 mini by qualifying for the ACP/Lifeline program since the iPhone is available through this program.
You will have to fulfill these steps to get a free government iPhone.
Find ACP/Lifeline provider
First, you must find any ACP/Lifeline provider that offers a free iPhone in your state via these programs.
Verify your eligibility
Next, check whether you are eligible to apply for these programs to get a free iPhone 12 Mini.
Have the eligibility documents
If eligible, you must collect your proper eligibility documents to prove your eligibility.
Apply for the programs
The last step is to apply for the ACP/Lifeline program.
You will get the details of each step in the additional sections.
How To Qualify For Free Government iPhone 12 Mini?
You must qualify to participate in the ACP/Lifeline program, whichever is operational in your state.
For that, you first need to fulfill the following basic requirements.
- Be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor
- Be a resident of the state where you apply for the ACP/Lifeline program.
Besides meeting these conditions, you must also meet ACP/Lifeline-specific eligibility criteria.
The FCC (Federal Communication Commission) has set mainly two eligibility requirements to qualify for the ACP or the Lifeline program. You must be eligible by one of the below requirements.
- Anyone whose annual household income is below or at 200% of the federal poverty guidelines can qualify for the ACP.
- To qualify for the Lifeline program, your income must fall below or at 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
Anyone who benefits from any other eligible government support program can also qualify for the ACP or the Lifeline program. The list of programs includes.
- Food Stamps or SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefits
- Received Federal Pell Grant for the existing award year
Tribal land households can check their participation in these programs.
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start (income-based)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
Also, applicants must note that if they already benefit from the Lifeline program in their state, they are automatically eligible for the ACP program and can directly apply for it.
Although you have ensured your eligibility to apply for the ACP/Lifeline program, you must also prove your qualification to the program’s authority with the help of legal, supportive documents during the application process.
Here is the list of documents based on your eligibility.
You can check for these documents’ availability if you apply on your income basis.
- Current income statement
- Divorce decree
- Paycheck stub
- Social Security statement of benefit
- Pension/ retirement statement of benefits
- Unemployment / Workers Compensation statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
These documents will help you prove your program qualification if you apply for the ACP/Lifeline as a beneficiary of any other government support program.
- Government approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits
In case you need to verify your identity, address, and age during the application process, you can have these documents.
- U.S. driver’s license
- Birth Certificate
- Utility bill
- Government-issued, state, military, or Tribal ID
- Lease/mortgage statement
- Permanent resident card
Application Process – Apply Free iPhone Government iPhone 12 mini
The application procedure for the ACP or the Lifeline to get a Free iPhone Government Phone, including the iPhone 12 Mini, is effortless. However, you must be careful while providing your details in the application form.
You can apply for the ACP or Lifeline through the National Verifier online and then approach your preferred service provider to get a free iPhone 12 mini if your application is approved.
Here are the steps to apply for the ACP/ Lifeline via the National Verifier to get a free government iPhone 12 Mini.
ACP Online Application
- Visit “https://getinternet.gov/apply?” to apply for the ACP program.
- Click on the “Apply” icon.
- You will be directed to the application of the National Verifier.
- Fill out the form with your details, including your address, email, phone number, etc.
- Be careful to enter the correct details, as the wrong application could lead to the rejection of your form.
- Upload the necessary documents based on your eligibility ( income or program ) through which you apply for the program.
- Please review your application once and finally submit it.
- Wait for the approval.
Lifeline Online Application
- To apply for the Lifeline program, please visit “https://nv.fcc.gov/lifeline.”
- Select your state.
- Click on the “Get Started” icon.
- You will be redirected to the National Verifier’s application form.
- Fill up this form with your details.
- Ensure your information is entered accurately.
- Upload the essential documents based on your eligibility you have applied for the program.
- Carefully review your application once.
- Lastly, submit the form and wait for approval.
Once the National Verifier approves your application, you can then reach out to your ACP/Lifeline service provider to sign up for their free services and get a free iPhone.
You can find a Lifeline/ACP service provider offering a free government iPhone 12 mini by visiting “https://cnm.universalservice.org/”
Application via the Mail or Post
The ACP/Lifeline application is also available offline through mail.
Here are the steps to apply for these programs via the mail.
- You can get the Lifeline application form at “lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf.”
- Download and take print of the ACP application form at “https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf”
- You must also include the household worksheet at “https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf.”
- The next step is manually filling these two forms with your accurate details.
- Attach copies of your eligibility documents.
- Finally, send the application to Lifeline/ACP Support Center, P.O Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA, 18773.
Top 5 Providers Having Free iPhone 12 Mini
The ACP and Lifeline are wonderful programs that help low-income people get free smartphones. However, unfortunately, you can’t select or prefer your smartphone models after you qualify for these programs.
You will have to accept the smartphones offered by the providers. However, based on our research, you can get a free iPhone 12 Mini from the listed ACP/Lifeline providers.
NewPhone Wireless is a Louisiana-based wireless service provider offering Lifeline + ACP program benefits to low-income people. It offers free smartphone and phone services such as unlimited talk, text, and data.
To apply for a free iPhone 12 Mini through NewPhone Wireless, follow our guide on “Apply for NewPhone Wireless free iPhone”
Assurance Wireless is one of the biggest California-based Lifeline and ACP service providers, offering free smartphone, tablet, and phone services such as unlimited talk, text, and data.
To apply for a free iPhone 12 Mini or a tablet, follow our guide on “Apply for Assurance Wireless Free Government Phone” and “Apply for an Assurance Wireless Free Government Tablet.”
Cintex Wireless is another Lifeline and ACP service provider that offers free smartphones, including the iPhone 12 Mini, and a discounted tablet.
To apply for a free tablet, read our guide on “Apply for a Cintex Wireless free tablet.”
SafeLink Wireless is a Lifeline service provider offering benefits such as free smartphones and phone services.
To apply for a Free iPhone 12 Mini, read our guide on “Apply for a Safelink Wireless Free Government Phone”
Access Wireless is a Lifeline and ACP service provider. They are offering a free smartphone, hotspot, talk, text, and data.
Benefits Of Getting A Free iPhone 12 Mini Government Phone
A free iPhone 12 Mini government phone carries with it many benefits.
Here are a few of them.
First and foremost, a free iPhone 12 Mini provides connectivity to loved ones, family and friends.
Entertainment and awareness
An iPhone 12 mini allows low-income people to enjoy ample entertainment options such as watching movies and videos, playing online games, online shopping, etc. With the internet in use, they can also keep themselves updated on the world’s current affairs.
A free iPhone 12 mini helps low-income people save money equal to the purchase of this phone. A free government phone comes with affordable plans or free phone services, including talks, texts, internet, etc.
With smart gadgets, low-income people can easily access the necessities of emergency healthcare services.
A free iPhone 12 Mini offers children of low-income households opportunities to access various quality online education sources to improve their skills.
Specification Table of Free iPhone 12 Mini
|Specification||iPhone 12 mini|
|Display||5.4-inch Super Retina XDR display (OLED)|
|Resolution||2340 x 1080 pixels at 476 ppi|
|Chip||A14 Bionic chip|
|CPU||6-core CPU with 2 performance and 4 efficiency cores|
|Neural Engine||16-core Neural Engine|
|Storage||64GB, 128GB, or 256GB|
|Rear cameras||12MP Wide camera (ƒ/1.6 aperture) + 12MP Ultra Wide camera (ƒ/2.4 aperture and 120° field of view)|
|Front Camera||12MP TrueDepth camera (ƒ/2.2 aperture)|
|Video recording||4K video recording at up to 60 fps, 1080p video recording at up to 240 fps|
|Battery||2227mAh lithium-ion battery|
|Operating system||iOS 16|
|Dimensions||131.5 x 64.2 x 7.4 mm|
|Other features||5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, IP68 water resistance|
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a free government iPhone 12 Mini?
Yes. You can get a free government iPhone 12 Mini by qualifying for your state’s ACP or Lifeline program.
Is the iPhone 12 Mini the latest phone?
iPhone 12 Mini is a not-so-old iPhone model that was launched in 2020.
What should I do if my application for the ACP is rejected?
You can reapply for the program if your application is rejected. Please ensure you are eligible for the program and that your eligibility documents are clear and valid.
When one of my family members gets a free phone through Lifeline, can I get one too?
No. Lifeline is a per-household program. Only one family member per household can get lifeline benefits. If you already have a family member who has received a free phone, you cannot apply for a free government iPhone 12 Mini.
Can I Get Another Government iPhone if I Already Have One From Another Provider?
No, Lifeline/ACP free phones are limited to one device per eligible household.
Signup For Our Newsletter