Are you looking for a way to get a Free iPhone 13 Government Phone? If yes, then you have stumbled upon the right article.
A lot of Apple fans will say iPhones are the best phones ever. On the other hand, Android fans may praise Samsung, Motorola, and other Android phones while criticizing iPhones because they’re closed, incompatible, and expensive.
iPhones are, however, among the best phones of our time because of their quality, reliability, and durability.
And I can assure you that smartphones like the iPhone 13 are among the best, as I got it for free from the government and have been using it for months. It is offered by the Affordable Connectivity Program, A program that provides phones to the public. Below is the graph that shows the participation of ACP in this initiative :
This smartphone has a 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR OLED screen display, 128 GB ROM, and 4GB RAM. However, only a few can afford an iPhone 13 without breaking the bank.
Therefore, the Government has taken the initiative to provide a free iPhone 13 Government phone to eligible low-income households, and they achieved this through government programs such as the Affordable Connectivity Program and Lifeline.
Personally speaking, I achieved my free iPhone 13 through the Lifeline program, but the one thing I noticed was that most of the service providers may offer high-end smartphones like the iPhone 11 for free from the government or some older models.
Even the application process was not that simple, I had to get a approval from national verifier by filling out an eligibility form. Once I got the approval, I had to follow the steps asked by the service provider, including filling out a form, submitting documents, and waiting for the approval.
In the end, I am gonna say that it was a hectic process, but the free iPhone 13 as a reward is worth it.
So, with this comprehensive guide, let me share my personal experience of applying for a free government iPhone 13 phone, what documents I submitted, and what challenges I faced.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
How to Get a Free iPhone 13 From the Government 2024
I got my free monthly data and government iPhone 13 phone through the FCC Lifeline program, and my application was based on the fact that I had a low income below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
But if you do not have an income below that, you don’t have to worry, as the Lifeline program lets customers qualify for a free government iPhone on two bases: either they can have a low income or participate in government assistance programs.
Not only that I even had to submit the documents proving my low income, so you must do the same.
Lifeline offers a monthly discount of up to $9.25 on wireless services, and it offers its services through government service providers such as TruConnect, Airtalk Wireless, etc.
Where as the ACP program offers a monthly discount of up to $30 on wireless services and a one-time $100 discount to purchase a tablet through a service provider.
In the next section, let’s see how you can qualify for a new iPhone 13, what documents you can submit, and the application process.
How to Qualify for a Free iPhone 13 Government Phone?
As I qualified on a low-income basis, you may qualify if you have a low income or participate in government assistance programs such as SNAP, Medicaid, TANF, etc.
You also need to make sure you have sufficient documents proving your age, permanent residency, and eligibility documents.
After that, you will need to get a approval from National verifier, and only then you will qualify for a free government iPhone 13.
Eligibility Criteria to Get Free Government iPhone 13
After reading so much about the eligibility below 135% federal poverty guidelines and participation in government assistance programs, you must be wondering what those are and how you can check If you are eligible.
Believe me, I was also confused about that section, but worry not, I’ve simplified both things for you.
Let’s talk about both eligibility criteria you must meet to receive a free government iPhone 13.
For Lifeline, your annual household income must be below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines, and for the ACP program, it is 200% of the Federal poverty guidelines.
Now, you must be wondering how you can check whether your annual income is below the federal poverty guidelines or not.
Here is a table that I use to determine my low income. I hope it will clear your doubts.
|Each additional person
Although I have more knowledge on how to qualify for a free government iPhone 13 phone on income criteria to help those who are not eligible on an income basis, I have mentioned below some of the government assistance programs through which you can qualify.
- Supplemental Security Income(SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivor Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
If you participate in any of the following Tribal-based programs –
- Tribal Head Start (Only families meeting the income qualifying standard are eligible)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for the Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
Documents Required for Free iPhone 13 Government
When I applied, I provided just my income statement, which I acquired through my employer, and to prove my age, permanent residence, and identity, I submitted a Utility bill and my driver’s license.
However, you may not have those documents, In that case, I have provided different documents that you can use to prove your eligibility for a free government iPhone 13 phone.
A document that shows your name, address, birth date, etc. You can provide anyone among the following –
- Birth certificate
- A valid-government-issued, state, military, or Tribal ID
- Permanent resident card or green card
- Your certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization
- Driver’s license
For your address, you can present the following documents –
- Your mortgage or lease statement
- Recent tax return of W-2
- Your utility bill
To show your low income for a free iPhone 13 Government phone, you can provide the following documents –
- Your current income statement from the employer
- Your divorce decree
- Your paycheck stub
- Your veteran’s administration statement of benefits
- Your child support award
Assistance Program Participation documents
You can provide any of these documents to prove your participation in a government assistance program –
- Statement of benefits
- Your approval letter
- Your benefit verification letter
- Benefit award letter
Please note that you only have to submit a copy of the mentioned documents during the application process rather than the original one.
How to Apply for a free iPhone 13 Government phone?
Now that I have shared everything about the eligibility and required documents, let me share how it became possible to get a free government iPhone 13 phone and the different methods through which you can apply.
Free iPhone 13 Government Phone | Apply Online
This is the application method that I personally used, so I will be able to provide you with the exact steps.
Here are the steps that I performed to get my free government iPhone 13.
- To apply for Lifeline as an eligible Low-income, visit nv.fcc.gov/lifeline. In the case of ACP, you can visit “https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/”
- Upon opening the link, choose your state and then click on the “Get Started“ option.
- On the next page, fill out the Lifeline application form with details such as Name, DOB, Address, last 4 SSN digits, etc.
- Upload your eligibility documents and then submit your form.
- Finally, wait to see if your application gets selected. If it does, you will receive a notification via mail.
- Upon receiving confirmation, you must find a Lifeline or ACP service provider, depending on your location, offering a free iPhone 13 by visiting “https://cnm.universalservice.org/”
- Now contact a service provider and enroll in their services.
- If approved, receive an iPhone 13 or the latest iPhone model within a week
Apply for a Free iPhone 13 Government Phone Via Mail
If you prefer the paper application, here are the steps to apply.
- If you wish to apply via Lifeline, visit this link to download the application form – lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf
- To apply through mail, download the ACP application form by visiting this link – affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf
- If you are applying for a free government iPhone 13 via ACP, please include a Household worksheet, which you can find at this link – affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf
- Take a print of your application form.
- Fill out your application form and attach a copy of your personal and eligibility documents.
- After completing your form, send your application to ACP or Lifeline Support Center for review. You can send your package to
Lifeline or ACP Support Center
P.O. Box 9100
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
Application via a Service Provider
You can also apply for a free government iPhone 13 phone through your preferred service provider. Most service providers participate in Lifeline and ACP programs and provide free government internet service and a phone.
Follow the below instructions to apply through a service provider that –
- Find a suitable service provider in your state of residence. You can do so by visiting “https://cnm.universalservice.org/.”
- Visit your preferred carrier’s official website.
- Enter your ZIP code.
- Click on the Get Started, Apply Now, or any other option that you may see.
- The application form shows up.
- Fill up the form by providing your details.
- Upload copies of your eligibility documents.
- Finally, click on the Submit icon.
Now, your application is under review by your carrier’s team. If selected, you will be informed via email and entitled to a free government iPhone 13 pro max, 13 mini, or 13, whichever is available.
Benefits and Features of Free Government iPhone 13
For me, even getting a free government iPhone 13 phone was itself a benefit, and I personally used this device to look for new job opportunities.
Once your government iPhone 13 is delivered, you can use it for many things, such as finding yourself a job, learning more by joining online classes, and staying connected with your families.
With all these benefits, you can also enjoy the amazing features that iPhone 13 offers.
|6.1-inch (diagonal) all-screen OLED display
|2532‑by‑1170-pixel resolution at 460 ppi
|A15 Bionic chip
|128GB, 256GB, or 512GB
|12MP Dual camera system: Wide and ultra-wide cameras
|12MP TrueDepth camera
|Cinematic mode (1080p at 30 fps) HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps
|Up to 19 hours of video playback
|146.7 x 71.5 x 7.7 mm
|Starlight, Midnight, Product Red, Blue, Pink
Providers that offer free Government iPhone 13
I received my iPhone 13 through the AirTalk Wireless free iPhone program, but not all customers can get a free mobile device, including iPhones, through AirTalk Wireless, as its services may not be available in your state.
In that case, you can look for the following providers that offer free iPhones for eligible low-income households.
Cintex Wireless offers a range of mobile services, and they have options where customers might get a Cintex Wireless free iPhone under Lifeline and ACP programs aimed at eligible participants.
Here are the steps you need to follow to apply for an iPhone from Cintex Wireless.
- First, open your browser and visit the Cintex Wireless Application Page.
- Enter your zip code and click on next
- Fill out the application form and upload documents if required.
- Submit and wait for approval.
Life Wireless provides telecommunications services with plans that could include a Life Wireless free iPhone for qualifying individuals, focusing on keeping people connected affordably.
To apply for Life Wireless services, follow the steps below.
- Visit Life Wireless Homepage.
- Enter your email and zip code.
- Complete the application form and submit it.
- Wait for approval.
Safelink Wireless is known for its initiatives to offer Safelink-free iPhones to those who meet specific criteria, ensuring that communication services are accessible to everyone.
Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Visit Safelink Wireless official website.
- Enter your zip code and check the available plan for your state.
- Complete the application form and wait for approval.
SFone Wireless stands out by offering competitive plans that may come with an SFone Wireless Free Government Phone, catering to customers looking for both value and quality in their mobile service.
NewPhone Wireless has made a name for itself by providing enticing deals, which sometimes include a NewPhone free iPhone, aiming to attract customers looking for great value.
- Open your browser and visit the NewPhone Wireless Application Page.
- Enter your zip code.
- Choose your Preferred plan.
- Complete the application and wait for approval.
AirTalk Wireless offers a variety of mobile plans, and in some cases, customers might be eligible to receive an AirTalk Wireless free iPhone, emphasizing their commitment to providing high-quality services.
Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Visit the AirTalk Wireless Application Page.
- Enter your zip code and select your preferred plan.
- Apply by filling out the application form.
- Submit and wait form approval.
Assurance Wireless is another provider that offers essential mobile services, with the possibility of an assurance-free phone for eligible customers, highlighting their focus on accessibility and connectivity.
So, this is all about how you can get a free government iPhone 13 phone. However, I will suggest you keep an eye on providers that offer promotional deals and trade-in programs on iPhone 13, as this way, you will surely achieve a free iPhone 13.
FAQ About Government iPhone 13
Can I get an iPhone 13 for free?
Personally speaking, it’s very rare to get a free iPhone 13 as older iPhone models are mostly via the Lifeline or ACP program. You need to meet the eligibility of these programs, and you can get older iPhones such as iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 8, and iPhone SE.
Does Apple offer a Free iPhone?
No. Apple does not give free iPhones.
Is there any age limit to apply for a free government iPhone 13?
You must qualify for the Lifeline or ACP program to apply for a free government iPhone. For that, you must be at least 18 years old.
Can I get a free 5G Government phone?
Yes. Some network service providers, such as Cintex Wireless, have offered free 5G Government phones.
How do I use my free government iPhone 13?
It is like any other iPhone you can use it to access data services, send texts, and make calls.
What features are available on my free government iPhone 13?
Apple Maps and the App Store will be available on your free government iPhone 13.
Can I keep my existing phone number if I switch to a free government iPhone 13?
Switching to a free government iPhone 13 will allow you to keep your existing number.
Subscribe to Email Updates :