Free iPhone 13 Government Phone – iPhone 13 is Apple’s recently released model, launched on 24th September 2021. It has many noteworthy features to attract customers.
To mention a few, it has a 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR OLED screen display, 128 GB ROM, and 4GB RAM. People fall in love with phones once they purchase them. However, only a few can afford an iPhone 13.
Therefore, the Government has taken the initiative to provide a free iPhone 13 Government phone to low-income households. However, the Government does not provide the latest free Government iPhone 13, but other older versions of the iPhone under the Affordable Connectivity Program and Lifeline Program.
If you desire to get a free iPhone 13 Government phone, please read on to get information on how one can get one. This article will also provide other relevant details like the eligibility requirements, the application process for free government iPhones, etc.
How to get a free iPhone 13 Government phone
Before moving to the application process, let’s have a look at the iPhone models that are provided for free by the Government upon qualifying under the ACP program.
These models include –
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 8
- Apple iPhone SE
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus
How to apply for a free iPhone 13 Government phone?
You can get a free Government iPhone 13 after you qualify under the ACP program upon meeting certain eligibility criteria.
The process is as follows –
- You first need to check whether you are eligible to apply for a free Government iPhone 13.
- Then, you have to provide documents in support of your eligibility.
- Next, you can go for an application for the ACP program.
At last, wait for confirmation. If approved, look for the service provider in your state that provides free iPhone 13 Government phones.
Eligibility criteria to apply for Free iPhone 13 Government Phone
You need to meet the following eligibility criteria if you are applying for a free Government iPhone 13 through the Lifeline program –
- Your household income has to be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- As the FDGs vary from state to state, you need to check what it is for your state and see if you meet the required limit of FDGs.
- You must be a participant in any of the government assistance programs listed below.
- Supplemental Security Income(SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivor Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- If you participate in any of the following Tribal-based programs –
- Tribal Head Start (Only families meeting the income qualifying standard are eligible)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for the Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
Please note that you must fulfill any of the eligibility as mentioned above.
If you wish to apply through the Affordable Connectivity Program, you must fulfill the below requirements.
- Your house income should be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- You must be a participant in any one of the government assistance programs mentioned above for the Lifeline program.
However, you must fulfill any one of the above conditions to get eligible to apply for a free iPhone 13 Government phone.
What are the documents needed to apply for a Free iPhone 13 Government Phone?
Once you meet the eligibility criteria, you must provide certain documents as proof of your eligibility.
A document that shows your name, address, birth date, etc. You can provide anyone among the following –
- Birth certificate
- A valid-government-issued, state, military, or Tribal ID
- Permanent resident card or green card
- Your certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization
- Driver’s license
For your address, you can present the following documents –
- Your mortgage or lease statement
- Recent tax return of W-2
- Your utility bill
You need to provide any documents showing your eligibility. If you apply through income criteria, provide a copy of any documents showing your household income.
If you apply through participation in any of the listed Government aided programs, you need a document showing your participation in the program.
To show your income for a free iPhone 13 Government phone, you can furnish any of the documents –
- Your current income statement
- Your divorce decree
- Your paycheck stub
- Your veteran’s administration statement of benefits
- Your child support award
You can provide any of these documents to prove your participation in a government assistance program –
- Statement of benefits
- Your approval letter
- Your benefit verification letter
- Benefit award letter
Please note that you only have to submit a copy of the mentioned documents during the application process rather than the original one.
How to apply for a free iPhone 13 Government phone?
Once you know you are eligible, you can apply for a free iPhone 13 Government phone. To apply, you can proceed in two ways, through the government program or directly through a service provider.
How to apply for a free iPhone 13 Government phone apply online
Follow the below steps to apply for a free government iPhone 13 –
- If you wish to apply via Lifeline, visit nv.fcc.gov/lifeline.
- In case you want to apply via ACP, go to https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/
- Upon opening the link, enter your state in the space that appears on the screen. Then click on the “Get Started” option.
- You can log in with your details if you are an existing customer. Otherwise, if you are new and have to register, create an account and continue.
- After you log in, you will find the online application form. Fill in the details correctly.
- Upload your eligibility documents and then submit your form.
- Finally, wait to see if your application gets selected. If it does, you will receive a notification via mail.
How to apply for a free iPhone 13 Government phone via mail
- To apply through mail, download the ACP application form by visiting this link – affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf
- If you wish to apply via Lifeline, visit this link to download the application form – lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf
- Take a print of your application form.
- If you are applying for a free government iPhone 13 via ACP, please include a Household worksheet which you can find at this link – affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf
- Fill out your application form and attach a copy of your personal and eligibility document.
- After filling out your form, send your application to ACP or Lifeline Support center for review. For this, you can send your package to PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
Application via a service provider
You can also apply for a free government iPhone 13 through your preferred service provider. Most service providers participate in Lifeline and ACP programs.
Follow the below instructions to apply through a service provider –
- Find a suitable service provider in your state of residence.
- Visit your preferred carrier’s official website.
- Enter your ZIP code.
- Click on the Get Started, Apply Now, or any other option that you may see.
- The application form shows up.
- Fill up the form by providing your details.
- Upload copies of your eligibility documents.
- Finally, click on the Submit icon.
Now your application is under review by your carrier’s team. If selected, you will be informed via email and entitled to a free government iPhone.
Providers that offer free Government iPhone 13
- Cintex Wireless
- SFone Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- AirTalk Wireless
So, this is all about how you can get a free government iPhone 13. Now, let’s have a look at some frequently asked questions.
FAQ About Government iPhone 13
Can I get an iPhone 12 for free?
No. You can get a fairly older model for free via the Lifeline or ACP program. You need to meet the eligibility of these programs, and you can get older iPhones such as iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 8, and iPhone SE.
Does Apple offer a Free iPhone?
No. Apple does not give free iPhones.
Is there any age limit to apply for a free government iPhone 13?
To apply for a free government iPhone, you must qualify for the Lifeline or ACP program. For that, you must be at least 18 years old.
Can I get a free 5G Government phone?
Yes. Some network service providers, such as Cintex Wireless, have started offering free 5G Government phones.
Subscribe to Email Updates :
I want a iPhone 13
If You Want to Get an iPhone 13, so You may Full Fill out All The Required Criteria to get the iPhone 13.
I want a iphone 12
Thanks for reaching out, Kaliah…
You can only get the iPhone 12 if you meet the eligibility criteria of the Lifeline program. We have actually covered a detailed guide about the same that you can visit by clicking on this link.