I have prepared this guide on Boost Mobile Swap device for those who are planning to buy the latest phone but still want to keep their Boost Mobile existing account and number.
I recently bought a new phone from Amazon to enjoy the latest features. However, when I inserted my Boost Mobile SIM card into it, I learned it requires an activation process.
So, after working on it for hours, I finally figured out the process and made my new phone work with Boost Mobile network.
With this article, I will provide you with all the necessary information about the Boost Mobile Swap device process, New phone activation, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
Can You Swap Devices on Boost Mobile?
Yes. You can swap devices on Boost Mobile. People may look to change their device for many reasons, such as the unsatisfactory performance of their existing cell phone or when they want to use the latest features on advanced phones, which they could not do with the old device.
Whatever the reason may be, the good news is you can switch phones on a Boost Mobile and keep your Boost Mobile number.
However, the new phone you want to use with a Boost Mobile SIM card must be unlocked and compatible with the Boost network.
Note: If you plan to buy a new device, please read our guide on “Boost Mobile free 5G phones 2023,” as this might help you get the latest phone with 5G and other features.
How Can I Swap Phones With Boost Mobile?
You can swap phones with Boost Mobile in two ways: by yourself (self-activation process) or with the help of Boost Mobile customer care services.
For a Boost Mobile swap device, you will need to fill in the following terms.
- You must have an unlocked device
- Your phone must be compatible with the Boost Mobile network.
- You must know the IMEI number of your new phone.
- After you have swapped your phones, you will have to activate your new Boost Mobile phone.
Let’s first look at the activation process and then the detailed steps to swap phones with Boost Mobile.
Activate Boost Mobile New Phone
Once you have completed switching to a Boost Mobile phone, you will have to activate your new phone to be able to use Boost network services.
You can activate Boost Mobile New phone by two methods: online and via Boost Mobile customer services. Both the methods are explained separately below.
Please note that even if you have bought a new device from the Boost Mobile store through the Boost Mobile EMI option or by paying the full amount, you still have to complete the Boost Mobile phone activation process.
Activate A New Boost Mobile Phone Online
You can activate a new Boost Mobile phone for a successful device swap online through the Boost Mobile website.
Here are the steps to do so.
- Visit the Boost Mobile website at https://www.boostmobile.com/
- Select the “Activate” icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- A prompt will appear where you are required to answer questions like where you bought your SIM card or device or check whether your phone is compatible with the network.
- Choose the correct answers based on your status.
- Click on “I’m bringing my own number.”
- Log into your account to keep your Boost number.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the process is completed, your new Boost Mobile phone is activated.
Activate New Phone With Boost Mobile Customer Service
Alternatively, you can activate a new phone by contacting the Boost Mobile customer care service.
Here are the steps on how you can activate your new phone with Boost Mobile customer service.
- First, contact Boost Mobile customer service at 833-50-BOOST or 833-502-6678.
- Talk to Boost Mobile executives and tell them you want to activate your new phone.
- They will guide you through the process; you must follow the executives’ instructions.
- Once completed, your phone is activated.
What is a locked Device and How to check?
If you plan to swap your device to Boost Mobile, you must ensure it’s unlocked. A locked device refers to a device that can only be used on a certain career.
For Example, if you have a device from AT&T, it might be locked to their network, so to use it with the Boost Mobile network, you have to submit an unlocking request to AT&T.
You can check if your device is locked.
- You can best use a SIM card from another carrier, such as Boost Mobile, and see if you are getting any signal.
- You open your Phone Settings —> Go to Network —> Operators.
How To Get The IMEI Number?
To successfully carry out a Boost Mobile swap device, you will need the IMEI number of your new phone on which you want to switch your account.
You may also need it while activating your phone. The question is, how do you get your device’s IMEI number?
- You can find your phone’s IMEI number by dialing *#06# from your phone.
- Open the ‘Phone’ app and dial *#06#.
- Your screen will show your device’s ESN, IMEI, or MEID numbers.
You may also find your phone’s IMEI number by following the below steps.
For Android devices
- Open ‘Settings’ on your phone.
- Select ‘About phone’.
- Click on the ‘IMEI’ number.
For iOS devices
- Open ‘Settings’ on your phone.
- Select ‘General’.
- Click on ‘About’.
- Then select the ‘IMEI’ number.
How To Swap Devices On Boost Mobile Account?
As mentioned, you can swap devices on a Boost Mobile account. For this, you must have an unlocked phone compatible with Boost Mobile and the IMEI number of your new phone.
You can carry out the Boost Mobile swap device by yourself, known as the ‘self-activation’ process.
Here are the steps to swap devices on Boost Mobile account
Get an unlocked Boost Mobile phone
The first step before you go for a Boost Mobile swap device is to get an unlocked phone compatible with the Boost Mobile network. You can check your device compatibility by visiting “https://www.boostmobile.com/check-compatibility”
Sign in to your Boost Mobile account
The next step to the Boost Mobile swap device is to visit the Boost Mobile site at “https://www.boostmobile.com/” and sign in to your Boost Mobile account.
Locate Swap Mobile
Upon signing in to your Boost Mobile account, you will be redirected to the Boost Mobile homepage.
- Now, select the ‘My Boost’ section from the menu at the top. Move the cursor until a drop-down menu appears. Select the ‘device’ and then the “swap device” option.
- When you click on the “Swap Device” icon, a screen will appear asking you for the ‘device info’ where you will have to enter the IMEI of your new device. First, enter the IMEI number of your new phone under ‘Serial Number/IMEI.’
- Next, you must confirm the serial number IMEI by typing the code. This step is important for successfully switching your account since it is the only way to recognize your device’s hardware.
Check for the correct swap
When you complete the above Boost Mobile Swap Device steps, the screen will show you the old and new phones with their models to help you check whether the phone swap is correct.
If the shown switching models are correct as you need, you must click on the “Next” icon.
Insert the Boost SIM Card
Now, you will have to insert the Boost Mobile SIM card into the new device. You would be required to switch the SIM card between the phones.
Here are the steps to do so.
- First, please get a SIM card ejector tool ( a key-like instrument to open the SIM card tray).
- Press the key into the SIM card hole to pop out the SIM card tray from your old device.
- Remove the SIM from your device.
- Insert the SIM card into your new mobile on which you wish to switch your Boost Mobile account.
- Your new Boost Mobile will take a few seconds to ask you to insert the PIN code.
- Please enter the 4-digit Boost Mobile Transfer PIN code of your Boost SIM card when prompted.
You must activate your new phone after successfully switching your Boost Mobile SIM between the phones. Please activate it by following one of the methods mentioned in the post.
When the setup is finished, checking whether the swap device process is completed by placing a call is best.
How To Swap Device On Boost Mobile Via Support?
You can also swap devices on Boost Mobile with the help of customer care support. This method benefits people who cannot carry out self-activation comfortably on their own and need help switching their Boost Mobile account.
The Boost Mobile customer care team can assist you in the process.
Here are the steps on how to swap devices on Boost Mobile via custom care support.
- First, you must call the Boost Mobile customer care team at 1-833-502-6678.
- Listen to the prompts.
- Press ‘3’ for account changes.
- Press ‘2’ for a Boost Mobile phone swap.
- Follow the voice instructions to swap Boost Mobile accounts successfully.
You may also choose to talk with a Boost Mobile customer care executive if you find issues with carrying out Boost Mobile swap devices.
What To Do If Boost Phone Swap Is Not Working?
Suppose you completed all the steps to swap Boost Mobile accounts, and your Boost Mobile swap device is not working. In that case, you can consider the following tips.
Check the network coverage
You must ensure that the area where you use your new Boost Mobile phone has good Boost Mobile network coverage. Your new phone cannot work satisfactorily without a proper Boost network.
Check whether the IMEI number is correct
It may happen that you enter the incorrect IMEI number of your new phone while swapping the Boost Mobile device. Hence, you must double-check your device’s IMEI number while entering it.
Check for your unlocked phone
The phone you want to switch your Boost Mobile account to must be unlocked. You cannot swap your Boost Mobile account if your phone is locked to a certain carrier. Therefore, please be sure that your new phone is unlocked.
Contact Boost Mobile customer service
If you need help understanding the reason for the failure of your Boost Mobile swap device, it would be better to contact Boost Mobile customer care services at “833-502-6678” to seek help and proper guidance.
Subscribe to Email Updates :