Can You Use Afterpay on Amazon – Since the introduction of electronic payment methods in the mid-1990s, the world has altered dramatically, and many digital payment apps have emerged with the widespread availability of smartphones.
There are even apps that allow you to pay at a later time. Afterpay app, developed in October 2014, is one such app with a global user base of 10 million by June 2021, and its key markets are the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, the real question is, “Can you use Afterpay on Amazon?”
This article actually answers that question in a very detailed manner.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
- 1 Can You Use Afterpay on Amazon?
- 1.1 Does Amazon have Afterpay?
- 1.2 Can you use Afterpay on Amazon purchases?
- 1.3 How to make an Amazon Afterpay purchase?
- 1.4 Why does Amazon not accept Afterpay?
- 1.5 What Exactly is Afterpay?
- 1.6 The Benefits and Drawbacks of Afterpay
- 1.7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.8 Can you use Afterpay on Amazon?
- 1.9 Can you propose any suitable Afterpay alternatives?
- 1.10 Do Afterpay charges interest?
- 1.11 Closing Comments
Can You Use Afterpay on Amazon?
Amazon has over 300 million customers in the United States alone, making it the world’s largest online marketplace. Still, it does not accept Afterpay as Amazon loses money on the service.
Another argument is that Amazon accepts its credit cards and offers a limited “Buy Now, Pay Later” option.
Does Amazon have Afterpay?
At the moment, Afterpay cannot be used on Amazon.com. However, a workaround allows you to make partial payments using Afterpay.
You can use Afterpay to purchase on Amazon, just like a regular credit card, utilizing a unique one-time-use credit card they supply.
Then, you’ll pay down the card’s balance every week or two. Even though the Afterpay payment method is not available on the Amazon website or at the checkout, you can still use it to get what you need without paying a large upfront fee.
Can you use Afterpay on Amazon purchases?
We have already mentioned a potential loophole: Afterpay consumers can apply for a temporary credit card that can be used at online stores just like any other.
Although the answer to the question – Can you use Afterpay on Amazon is no, as Amazon does not officially offer Afterpay, it is worth mentioning that Amazon has built-in support for the Afterpay app, making this workaround a feasible option. You will not lose access to your Amazon account if you use this method.
If you wish to pay for an Amazon purchase with Afterpay, you can use any credit card at checkout, and Amazon won’t know the difference. However, because Afterpay is a one-time payment option, you should avoid making it the default mode of payment on Amazon, as any further attempts to charge that card would be denied.
How to make an Amazon Afterpay purchase?
- Select Amazon from the Shop menu in the Afterpay app.
- To buy something, select it and place it in your basket.
- Enter your shipping and billing details.
- Click the Add a Payment Method button on the payment screen.
- Click the Add a Credit or Debit Card option.
- At the bottom of the app, an on-screen popup with the words Buy now, Pay later option will appear.
- Deselect the Set as the default payment method after clicking the Buy Now button.
- You can finalize your transaction by entering your Afterpay information into the credit card slots.
That’s it. This is how you can use Afterpay on Amazon.
Why does Amazon not accept Afterpay?
Amazon is undoubtedly the most well-known company today, after Apple, Microsoft, Walmart, and others, and it has a monopoly in the e-commerce industry, with few large competitors.
There are still competitors, but they do not pose a significant international threat to Amazon. As a result, Amazon does not have to sell fish to customers who pay with alternatives such as Afterpay.
They also allege that it impedes customer service because it forces them to track payments.
What Exactly is Afterpay?
Many online shops accept Afterpay as a payment method, enabling you to divide a large, maybe daunting, purchase into smaller, more manageable EMIs. You can use Afterpay to place an immediate order and make installments or delayed payments.
Numerous payment services are similar to Afterpay in that they provide similar payment options; however, many consumers prefer Afterpay due to its dependability, security, and convenience of use.
Afterpay also differs from a credit card or other financing in that there is no annual interest fee, and the terms differ. Instead of holding a credit card balance, you have a defined amount of time to pay it off, and you’ll be able to borrow more money.
The Benefits and Drawbacks of Afterpay
The ability to Buy Now and Pay Later is undoubtedly its biggest selling point of Afterpay, but you already knew that. So here are some other benefits of Afterpay –
Benefits of Afterpay
- System of Integrated Retailing – One of the most appealing aspects of Afterpay is that it can be used on so many different companies. Anyone can use Afterpay at their chosen stores fast and easily by connecting their account at the checkout and paying using Afterpay.
- Quick Approval – The process is quick and simple, and you may be set up and ready to buy in minutes.
- No interest is charged – If you use Afterpay wisely and always pay on time, you won’t have to worry about interest costs, and there are no additional fees unless you pay late or miss a payment.
- Debt reduction – If you’re having difficulties making credit card payments or don’t want to accumulate any more debt, Afterpay is a fantastic choice. Because they don’t run a credit check, your debt-to-income ratio will not be affected whether or not you are approved.
Drawbacks of Afterpay
- Payment Delays – One missed payment may not seem like much, but if you miss numerous, the total amount owing on each one may climb by $10. Late fees can easily mount up and cost more than the initial purchase price, and this could result in a significant additional financial outlay on your behalf.
- Invoice Due Date Cannot Be Selected – You can choose whether payments are made weekly or biweekly, but not on which specific days of the week. You cannot change the due date of Afterpay to meet your payment schedule or other payments and charges, and the late fee will be applied to your account if the transaction is refused.
- Spending Restriction – Afterpay may not grant you a larger spending limit simply because you have an item in mind to purchase. Because they are so eager to put their newfound financial freedom to use, many people end up purchasing useless products simply because they have the cash to do so, even if they had planned to spend the money on something else.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use Afterpay on Amazon?
Afterpay is not a payment option in the Amazon app or the main Amazon website.
Can you propose any suitable Afterpay alternatives?
Aside from Afterpay, there are a number of other apps that provide a similar function, like Klarna, Affirm, Paypal Credit, and Sezzle.
Do Afterpay charges interest?
Despite the late fee, Afterpay does not charge interest on your payments.
There you have it – a detailed article covering information related to whether can you use Afterpay on Amazon, Afterpay benefits, and more.
With that said, here I am wrapping up this article. If you still have any questions, feel free to shoot them in the comment section below. Our team will try to respond ASAP.
Subscribe to Email Updates :