Do you have dental problems but cannot afford to get the treatment? Have you heard about Cosmetic Dentistry Grants?
The good news is you can get dental treatment at a much cheaper cost. Many people suffer from dental problems, but since dental treatments or surgeries are expensive, they live with their teeth problems. To help such people get rid of their teeth problems, the federal government provides Cosmetic Dentistry Grants.
This article covers detailed information about the same, how to claim this government scheme, eligibility criteria, required documents, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
What are Cosmetic Dentistry Grants?
The term cosmetic dentistry refers to all the procedures that improve the condition of your teeth and the appearance of your smile. Cosmetic Dentistry Grants are the grants that the Federal Government provides to people who wish to improve their smile and oral health by having dental surgery but cannot afford the treatment.
The government runs a Cosmetic Dentistry Grants Program to offer these grants. The program is open to all people in the United States of all ages and social backgrounds. Moreover, many organizations and non-profit organizations provide these dental grants to help low-income people improve their smiles. Cosmetic Dentistry consists of many procedures that help enhance the condition of your teeth, and these grants help people in need to have better oral health.
How to claim Cosmetic Dentistry Grants?
As mentioned, apart from the federal government, many non-profit organizations and non-governmental agencies provide cosmetic dental grants to people who need assistance to pay for their dental treatment. These non-profit organizations get funds from the federal government.
Many independent organizations function to provide dental grants to financially weaker sections, while some non-profit organizations and non-government agencies work together to serve these people. You can claim Cosmetic Dentistry Grants through the CDG Program if you fulfill the program’s required eligibility.
We have discussed here a few such organizations below –
The ADA Foundation
The American Dental Association Foundation (ADA) serves people in need by providing cosmetic dental grants. The foundation works in collaboration with eight other organizations.
ADA funds these subsidiary organizations and annually grants up to $120,000 to each affiliated organization. They serve around 2500 people in the country annually. They provide various grants and programs to needy people. You can apply for all the federal government dental grants from the ADA on its website.
The Academy of General Dentistry
The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) is a non-profit organization that provides government grants for cosmetic dental implants. The organizations help and support people suffering from oral health issues by paying their medical bills.
AGD grants cover tooth implants, crowns, dentures, and certain expensive surgeries. The AGD organizations provide their services to the United States and Canadian citizens. You can check if the organization currently runs dental grant programs in your area by visiting its official website.
The Patterson Foundation
The Patterson Foundation is another non-profit organization offering many dental grant programs. They provide Cosmetic Dentistry Grants to people who face financial crises. You can apply for the Patterson Foundation cosmetic dental grants on the Patterson Foundation grants application page.
The volunteers of the Pattersons possess a bi-annual experience and decide upon the applicants to be permitted the dental grant amount. The grant amount varies for different people, depending on your financial status and the seriousness of your illness.
Besides these organizations, you can get Cosmetic Dentistry Grants by applying for the CDG Program if you meet certain requirements.
Eligibility for Cosmetic Dentistry Grants
You can apply for the Cosmetic Dentistry Grants Program if you meet these eligibility requirements –
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must have a Dentist’s Prior Report proving you don’t need basic dental treatment.
- You must have proof of your low income. (Your salary slip from your employer)
- You must have proof of your address in the form of an electricity or telephone bill, etc.
In addition, to check whether you are eligible for the cosmetic dental grant program, you will be provided a free oral health check-up at your nearer dental clinic.
Once you finish your oral check-up, the dental practitioner will inform you about your mouth and teeth and whether they are healthy enough to bear the mandatories of cosmetic dental surgery. If your dentist finds out you need cosmetic dental surgery and your teeth are healthy to go through the procedure, they will help you apply for the Cosmetic Dentistry Grant.
If any other issue is found with your dental health, you might be unable to apply for the dental grants.
How to Apply for Cosmetic Dental Grants Programs
You must qualify for the eligibility requirements to be able to apply for the dental grants program. You can apply online for the cosmetic dental grants program near your location to get assistance.
The steps for the application are as follows –
- Go to the official website of cosmetic grants www.cosmeticdentistrygrants.org.
- Click on the “Apply Now” option. The application for dental grants opens up.
- Fill in the boxes with relevant details like your first name, last name, email, and phone number.
- Click on the “Next: Address” icon below the page once you have completed filling in the above details.
- Enter your address for which you can provide proof.
- Finally, submit your application.
The government staff will review your application and refer you to your nearest dentist for further eligibility checks. Once the appointment is confirmed with your nearest dental clinic, you must get your oral health verified.
If your condition is deemed suitable for dental surgery, your dentist will submit the recommendations to the authority.
If your dentist’s recommendations are approved, you will get a Cosmetic Dental Grant based on the treatment your teeth need.
What should be covered under Cosmetic Dentistry Grants?
Cosmetic Dental Grants cover grants for many dental procedures such as dental implants, veneers, orthodontics, gum contouring, etc.
Let’s discuss these procedures in detail –
- Dental implants – Dental implants are the exact possible replacement for natural teeth. It is an expensive treatment and is mostly done to correct the poor alignment of your teeth. The implants are inserted into your jawbone. You can get grants for dental implants, which again consist of many procedures. The grants depend upon the number of implants.
- Veneers – Veneers are used to enhance the appearance of teeth’s shape or color. They are resin shells or thin porcelain that cover the fronts of your natural teeth. Veneers also make your teeth look more aligned. Most of them also require your teeth to be shaved down. So please consider the process before getting them.
- Lumineers – Lumineers are similar to veneers, but they are slightly thinner. However, lumineers are more beneficial than veneers as they don’t cause loss of natural tooth structure.
- Invisalign – This dental treatment is done to correct the appearance of the teeth. For example, if your teeth are crooked or have wider gaps in between. In such cases, Invisalign with invisible braces is performed as a cosmetic procedure.
- Teeth whitening – The process of teeth whitening consists of bleaching at the dentist’s office. Teeth whitening is done to remove years of stains from food and drink and treat the discoloration caused by some medications like tetracycline.
- Dental crowns – A dental crown may be a partial or full fake tooth placed at the top of your natural tooth. It should not be used to change the look of the teeth you don’t like, as the process includes an irreversible process of shaving down healthy teeth.
- Gum contouring – Gum contouring is mostly used to treat the gummy smile. It can make teeth appear longer and more uniform.
- Tooth contouring and shaping – The process sometimes involves cutting the edges of chipped teeth and is used to make teeth look straighter.
- Dental bonding – Dental bonding is fixing small imperfections in teeth, like cracks, chips, or discoloration using composite resin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply for a Cosmetic Dental Grant?
Anyone who wishes to have healthy teeth and a smile can apply for this grant, provided the person meets the eligibility criteria required to apply for this grant.
Can I apply for Cosmetic Dentistry Grants more than once?
No, you can only apply once.
How is the CDG Program funded?
The Cosmetic Dental Grant (CDG) Program is funded by the Oral Aesthetic Advocacy Group Inc, with revenues obtained from the sale of research, marketing, and quality control programs or Advocacy Programs utilized by dental professionals to improve the efficiency and profitability of their practices.
Is there any cost to apply for Cosmetic Dentistry Grant Program?
No, there is no cost to apply for the CDG program. If someone demands money to apply for this grant, they may scam or fool you.
Will the government help pay for my implant?
No. You cannot get any direct federal or state government grant under the CDG Program. However, the government distributes funds among various organizations, charities, non-profit organizations, universities, and state grant agencies to help low-income families directly. In other words, the government indirectly helps low-income people afford their dental bills.
Are there dental grants for implants?
Yes. Some non-profit organizations grant dental implants to low-income people who need help to afford the treatment’s cost. You can visit your community health center to find out if any programs in your area currently offer dental implant grants.
Are CDG grants legit?
Yes. The Cosmetic Dentistry Grants Program (CDG) helps low-income households by providing dental grants. The CDG program is not-for-profit; dentists pay treatment fees for referred patients.
Which dentist will provide my initial assessment?
The CDG program participating dentist close to your locality will provide you with initial assessments. These dentists demonstrate gentleness, compassion, and a willingness to understand your sensitivities.
Subscribe to Email Updates :