This article will tell you about Aldi, Does it take an EBT card, and what you can or cannot purchase with an EBT at their stores.
ALDI is one of America’s fastest-growing retailers, serving millions of customers nationwide each month with nearly 2,000 stores across 36 states.
So without further delay, let’s begin.
What Are EBT And SNAP?
EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) is a card similar to debit or credit offered to SNAP-qualified people. SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) is a government-aided program for people who need assistance to buy food.
The program helps low-income people by providing credit through EBT cards to purchase groceries. People can use their EBT card to buy food items at a grocery store that accepts EBT.
EBT is functional in all 50 states, including Columbia, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Guam, under the SNAP program.
However, not all grocery stores in every state accept EBT payments, and you can purchase only a few eligible items with the card.
Does Aldi Take EBT?
Yes. They accept EBT. With more than 2000 stores in 39 US states, Aldi is one of the largest grocery providers in the country. If you are a SNAP beneficiary, you can use your SNAP card to purchase food at your local Aldi stores.
All Aldi’s stores worldwide accept EBT cards as a payment option. You can get items like fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, fish, dairy products, cereals, bread, and other snack foods with EBT.
However, you can buy only EBT-eligible items with your EBT card. If you buy non-SNAP eligible items at their stores, you must pay for them separately using cash or any other suitable payment method.
Does Aldi Take EBT In-Store?
Yes. they accept EBT in-store. You can also use your EBT at self-checkout if you want to have a more convenient payment option.
Does Aldi Take EBT Online?
Yes. It takes EBT for online grocery shopping. This facility was not available earlier at Aldi. But now, their website confirms that they accept EBT for online grocery purchases.
How To Use EBT At Aldi Stores?
You can follow the instructions below to use an EBT card.
- First, pick up the items you want to purchase at the Aldi store.
- Move to the checkout counter with your items.
- You must swipe your EBT card at the counter on Aldi’s payment terminal.
- Enter your EBT card PIN as you do with a debit card.
- Aldi’s system will deduct your EBT balance for the EBT-eligible food items.
- The cashier will finally process your transaction.
- If the items you picked are not EBT-eligible, you must pay for them separately via debit card or cash.
Does Aldi Accept P-EBT?
Yes. It accepts P-EBT. The federal government started Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer Integrity Final Rule during the Covid-19 pandemic. They treat P-EBT and SNAP beneficiaries similarly.
Items You Can Buy With EBT At Aldi
As mentioned, you can buy only SNAP-eligible items with your EBT card.
These EBT-eligible items are as follows.
- Candy that is wrapped
- Dairy products
- Fruits Juices
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Seeds and plants that produce edible food
Items Not Supported With EBT At Aldi
You cannot purchase every item with an EBT card at their store.
The following items are EBT-ineligible.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Baby formula
- Cleaning supplies
- Hot foods
- Live animals, excluding shellfish
- Paper products and cosmetics
- Pet foods
- Tobacco products
Aldi Return Policy For EBT Items
Like many retail stores, Aldi has a standard return policy for all the items purchased with EBT. This policy comprises the Twice As Nice Guarantee and the manufacturer’s limited warranty.
- Items purchased with an EBT card can be returned to the stores within the 90-day return policy.
- An alternate payment technique must be used for items not covered under the SNAP program.
- All stores use WIC labels to help you distinguish the items you can purchase with your EBT card from the ones you cannot buy with the same card.
- You can return commodities for refund, exchange, or store credit within a given period. But edible and perishable items are non-returnable. Nonetheless, they won’t give you cash refunds for your returned EBT items as it is against federal rules.
- They offer you a refund in different forms. It may credit your EBT card, give you store benefits, a gift card, or an identical item.
Does Aldi take EBT?
Yes, they accept EBT payments.
What payment methods does Aldi use?
Aldi uses many payment options, including Debit cards, cash, Credit cards, etc. You can use the payment methods suitable for you at the time of purchase.
Does Aldi accept WIC?
No. According to the information on their website, Aldi has yet to accept WIC at present. WIC is a government support program that delivers nutrition assistance to eligible low-income households.
Does Aldi offer cash back with an EBT Card?
No. It does not offer cashback with an EBT card. It only accepts EBT for purchasing eligible food items. Unused funds remain on the card for future use.
Subscribe to Email Updates :