Are you getting an error in Showtime saying “Showtime App Not Working”? If yes, you have come across the right webpage. In today’s article, I am going to share a thorough guide that will help you fix this Showtime app error very easily.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
Showtime App Not Working – How to fix guide
Showtime is an American premium television network. Showtime’s programming mainly comprises theatrically published new television series, motion pictures, mixed martial arts matches, boxing and casual stand-up comedy specials, and made-for-TV films.
With this app, you can stream full seasons, comedy, groundbreaking documentaries, movies, sports, and a lot more, all free of cost.
Recently many users have reported issues of the Showtime app not responding or not opening at all. If you are also having difficulty using the app, you have arrived at the perfect page. This article will deal with a detailed guide on fixing the Showtime app not working issue on various devices.
Let’s start this article with the potential reasons you are facing this issue –
Why is the Showtime App not working
There may be various reasons behind the app not being responsive. Some of the most common reasons are –
- The Showtime app is not loading due to an internet connection issue on your devices.
- The server may be down due to a temporary glitch, or the app is under maintenance.
- A large number of users searching at the same time may also lead to the hanging of the application.
- Another common problem can be using incorrect credentials to log in to your account.
These are a few reasons why you might be facing this Showtime app not working error.
Now since we know the reasons, it is time to share methods that you can follow to fix this Showtime app not working error –
How to fix Showtime App Not Working on Roku
There can be so many reasons why you are facing the Showtime app not working on Roku error.
Here, we have shared some of the most common solutions that you can try to fix this error on Roku –
See your subscription
One of the common reasons Showtime stops working is if your account subscription has expired. Even though Showtime never forgets to notify you about your account expiration, you might have missed it. If this is the case, simply follow these steps to renew your subscription –
- Log into your Roku account.
- Tap on the ‘Manage Subscriptions’ option.
- Select the ‘restart Showtime subscription’ option.
- Select your plan and make payment.
Check your internet connection
There are chances that your internet connection is causing some sort of issues that are causing this Showtime App not working error. The easiest solution for this is rebooting your internet connection. Follow the steps that I’ve shared below to fix internet-related issues –
- Turn off your Wi-Fi router, and unplug it.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Replug your Wi-Fi router.
- Once your internet is reconnected, launch the Showtime application.
Reinstall Showtime Channels
With time, Showtime may store cache files that can cause this issue. The simplest solution for that is reinstalling Showtime channels.
Follow the below-shared steps to do that –
- Go to your ‘Home’ screen on Roku.
- Locate the ‘Showtime’ channel and click on the ‘Start’ icon on your remote.
- Tap on the ‘Remove Channel’ option.
- Once the channel has disappeared, find the channel again and reinstall it.
- Before reinstalling the channel, restart your Roku to clean out any lasting data on your device.
Update Roku Software
If you haven’t updated your Roku for a long time, there are chances that this may be the reason you are facing Roku-related problems.
Follow these simple steps to fix the issue –
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Select the ‘System’ option.
- Tap on the ‘System Restart’ option.
Check the date and time
If the date and time are inaccurate on your Roku device, this will infringe on Showtime accessing its server successfully. If that is the case, simply update the date and time, and it will fix the problem.
Below are the steps that you can follow to do that –
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your Roku.
- Select ‘System.’
- You can now select ‘Time’ from the ‘About’ section.
- Verify the date and time are appropriate and if they are not, correct them.
Factory Reset Roku
If none of the above-shared methods work for you, resetting Roku may help you fix the error. However, doing this will also remove your data, settings, and other things.
If you are okay with that, here are the steps that you can follow to factory reset your Roku device –
- Tap on the ‘Home’ button.
- Select ‘Settings’ followed by ‘System.’
- Then select ‘Advanced System Settings.’
- Tap on ‘Factory Reset’ and then choose ‘Factory Reset Everything.’
This is how you can fix the Showtime app issue on your Roku.
How to fix Showtime App Not Working on Samsung TV
If you are facing Showtime App not working on Samsung TV, you can follow the methods that I’ve shared below –
Restart your T V
One of the easiest ways to fix the Showtime App not working issue is by restarting your TV. It is quite simple and easy to do – simply remove the power cord from the wall socket and reconnect it after 2-3 minutes and see if the issue is fixed or not.
If the issue is still there, follow the next method.
Check your internet connection
Since the Showtime app is an internet-based service, an active internet connection is essential to use the app. Check whether your internet connection is working properly, and you can even try restarting your internet connection.
Reinstall Showtime App
With time, Showtime App starts collecting cache memory which can cause many errors. If that is the case, you can try reinstalling the Showtime app on your Samsung TV to see if it fixes the problem for you.
Hopefully, the above fixes resolve the Showtime app issue on your TV.
How to fix the Showtime App Not Working on Firestick
If you are facing this Showtime App not working issue on Firestick, you can follow these simple methods to fix it –
- Unplug Amazon Firestick from your tv for 60 seconds and wait. Then plug it back in. This will most probably fix the issue for you.
- Restart your internet connection. You can do that by simply turning off your Wi-Fi router for 2-3 minutes and turning it on. This will fix all the internet-related issues.
- Delete the Showtime app from your Firestick and reinstall it from the app store.
How to fix Showtime App Not Working on iPhone
If you are facing the issue of the Showtime app not working on your iPhone, you can try the fixes to resolve the issue.
Update Showtime App
You should always use the latest version of the app, and if you are facing this error, go to Google Play Store and see if any update is available. If yes, update the showtime app for the latest version on your iPhone.
Force Restart The App
If no updates are available, you can try Force Restart the app to see if that fixes the issue. The easiest way to do that is by following these simple steps –
- Press and hold on to the Showtime app icon from the app drawer.
- The app info option will appear. Tap on it.
- On this page, you will see a Force Stop option. Tap on it.
Now, remove everything from the Recent tab and restart the app to see if the issue is fixed or not.
Reboot your smartphone
Another easy way to fix this Showtime app not working issue is by simply rebooting your smartphone. It is very simple as you have to do nothing but restart your smartphone.
Reinstall the Showtime App
Lastly, you can try to reinstall the app to fix this Showtime app not working issue. This will clear all the cache and other data, and the fresh installation will also fix other bugs and ensure that you are using the latest version of the app. However, make sure you download the Showtime app from Google Play Store.
How to fix the Showtime App Not Working on iPad
The method to fix the Showtime App not working issue on iPad is as similar as it is for iPhone. Therefore, we recommend you follow the methods that we shared above to fix this Showtime App not working on your iPad.
How to fix the Showtime App Not Working on Apple TV
Few of you may be using the Showtime app on Apple TV and facing the issue of the app not opening or working. In that case, you can follow these steps to fix the issue –
Make sure you have the updated version of the Showtime App
If you are using the dated version of Showtime on your Apple TV, then try to update it to fix the issue. You can follow these simple steps to update Showtime app on Apple TV –
- Visit the App Store, then click on ‘purchased.’
- Scroll down and just select the app and then choose the update option.
- You can also have your apps update automatically; for this, follow the steps, Settings > Apps > Update automatically > and enable it.
Restart your Apple TV
If the above solution does not work, you can try restarting the Apple TV. You can do that by following these simple steps –
- Go to Settings.
- Select the System option.
- Select the Restart option.
Reinstall Showtime App
If the aforementioned methods don’t fix the issue for you, you can reinstall the Showtime app to fix this issue.
For this, follow these simple steps –
- Visit Settings.
- Go to the General option.
- Select the Usage option.
- Select the Manage Storage option.
- Scroll and select the Trash Can to the right of the Showtime app.
- Select the Delete option from the menu that appears.
- After this, reinstall the Showtime app.
Hopefully, these fixes will resolve your Showtime app issue on Apple TV.
There you have it – a detailed guide on Showtime App not working issue and ways to fix it on different devices.
We tried to cover each and every device on which you can use Showtime app. Even after that, if we missed any device, do let us know in the comment section below.
With that said, here I am wrapping up this article. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them in the comment section below. Our team will try to respond ASAP.
Subscribe to Email Updates :