Are you the person who is suffering from low platelet count? Well, this article will tell you how to increase platelet count fast.
What are platelets?
Platelets are blood cells that help in the clotting during a wound or heavy surgery, maintaining a good platelet count is extremely essential for the body.
What are the causes of a low platelet count?
Some reasons for a low platelet count are:
- Damaged bone marrow: Sometimes a person’s bone marrow is damaged and so it becomes unable to make enough of its own platelets. This condition can arise when there is the presence of cancers like leukemia in the body.
- Traumatic Injuries: Heavy amount of platelets is lost when there is an injury caused due to an accident or there is a huge injury during surgery.
- Diseases: Platelets sometimes get destroyed by autoimmune diseases, infections, or side effects from certain medicines.
- Faulty Spleen: Spleen that filters the bloodstream becomes faulty and removes too many platelets.
What are the symptoms of a low platelet count?
- Easy bruising called purpura
- Tiny red spots on your skin called petechiae
- Excessive bleeding following even minor injuries
- Pain in your joints, particularly large joints like the knees and hips.
- Frequent nose bleeds
- Bleeding from the mouth or gums
- Blood in your urine or stool
What is the use of platelets for the body?
Platelets control bleeding in our bodies, so they can be essential for living surgeries such as organ transplants and combating cancer, chronic diseases, and traumatic injuries. Donor platelets are given to patients who don’t have enough of their own, a condition called thrombocytopenia, or whenever an individual’s platelets are not working properly. Raising the individual’s blood platelet count lessens the danger of harmful or even fatal bleeding.
So, the Main question is, How to increase platelet count fast?
Some of the ways how to increase platelet count fast are:
By taking foods that increase platelet count
Foods that are rich in certain vitamins and minerals help your body to make and maintain a good amount of platelet count in your blood.
Below is a list of such vitamins and minerals and foods items that are rich in them:
Vitamin C helps your platelets to work efficiently and it also helps in absorbing iron, some of the food rich in vitamin c are:
- green or red bell peppers
A deficiency of vitamin B-12 leads to low platelet count. Vitamin B-12 helps in keeping your blood cells healthy. Some of the foods ich in vitamin b12 are:
- beef liver
Iron is very important to boost the ability of your body to produce healthy blood cells. Some food rich in iron are:
- pumpkin seeds
Folate is a B vitamin that helps the cell of your body and also blood cells. Some food rich in folate are:
- black-eyed peas
- kidney beans
- orange juice
By taking supplements that increase platelet count
Some supplements that help in increasing platelet count are:
- Papaya leaf extracts
- Bovine Colostrum
Low platelet count is a problem from which a lot of people are suffering. Increasing the platelet count in the body is essential because in some cases it can even prove to be fatal. There are various methods to maintain a good platelet count.
Also, read our article on Jackfruit Benefits-why is it good for health?
Signup For Our Newsletter