IIM CAT 2020 Registration: The registration process for the Common Admission Test (CAT 2020) has begun from August 5 i.e. today. The application forms for registering for CAT 2020 are available online and candidates can register through the official website till September 16, 2020. Candidates need to apply online through the official website i.e. iimcat.ac.in.
IIM CAT 2020 Exam Date
The CAT 2020 exam will be conducted by IIM Indore on November 29, 2020. It is going to be held in various test centers across 156 cities in the country.
Based on the test, students will be able to take admissions in various postgraduate and fellow programs of Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) including PGP, PGDM, PGPEM, EPGP, PGPBM, PGPEX, at various IIMs and other top B-schools across the country.
IIM CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The CAT 2020 examination will be of 180 minutes with allotted 1 hour to each section. The paper will comprise of three sections – Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability.
The paper will carry 300 marks total with a total of 100 questions divided among the three sections. The marking scheme will be:
- 3 marks for each right question
- Negative marking of 1/3 for each wrong MCQ
- No negative marking in non-MCQs
IIM CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have a graduation degree with minimum 50 percent aggregate or equivalent CGPA (45 percent for Reserved category)
- Candidates who have completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with minimum 50 percent aggregate or equivalent (45 percent for Reserved category)
- Candidates who are in their final year of graduation degree are also eligible to apply for the CAT exam.
IIM CAT 2020 Registration Fees
The application fees for the candidates belonging to the general category is Rs. 2000, while the application fees for the candidates of reserved category SC, ST, PwD, and EWS is Rs. 1000.
IIM CAT 2020 Registration/ Application process
To register themselves for CAT 2020, candidates need to fill the online application form along with paying the required application fee at the official website of IIMCAT. Below mentioned are the steps involved in the process of CAT 2020 registration:
- Open CAT 2020 website ac.in
- Click on ‘New Registrations’
- Enter personal details such as name, nationality, date of birth, mobile phone number and email ID
- An OTP will be sent via email ID and SMS
- Use that OTP to authenticate phone number and email ID and follow further instructions
- Upload scanned signature and image in prescribed dimension
- Make fee payment to complete the CAT registration process
Once registered, the candidates will be provided with the admit card before the exam on November 29, 2020.
IIM CAT 2020 Result Date Out
CAT 2020 result will be announced in the second week of January 2021 tentatively.
Students are advised to keep visiting the official website of IIMCAT as an update on the website reads that the information provided on the CAT 2020 website is contingent upon the decisions and directions issued from time to time by the Central, & State governments, and CAT Group and hence, candidates must regularly check the CAT website for further information.
Subscribe to Email Updates :