World - Modi-Jinping will be face-to-face for the first time after the India-China border dispute
World

Modi-Jinping will be face-to-face for the first time after the India-China border dispute

India-China border dispute

Modi-Jinping will be face-to-face for the first time after the India-China border dispute: On Tuesday, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping will take part in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization's virtual conference.

This is the first time the two leaders will be face to face after the tension started on the Line of Actual Control in East Ladakh in May. The conference is presided over by President Vladimir Putin of Russia.

According to the newspaper Economic Times, Modi is going to attend six conferences this month. After the SCO conference, in mid-November, Modi will participate in the East Asia and ASEAN conference organized by Vietnam.

On November 17, Modi will attend the BRICS conference chaired by Russian President Vladimir Putin, after which he will attend the G-10 Conference organized by Saudi Arabia on 21-22 November.

At the end of the month, on November 30, the Shanghai Cooperation Organization will participate in a meeting chaired by the President of the member countries.

The newspaper says that amid this aggressive attitude of China, through these conferences, India will have the opportunity to present itself as an essential member of the supply chain of the world.

All these conferences will be held online during the Corona epidemic

About this news, The Indian Express writes that Modi and Xi Jinping have met 18 times in the last six years. The two met for the last time at a G-20 conference organized by Saudi Arabia.

The newspaper writes that both countries are taking a tough stand on the tension on the border and in such a situation there is little chance that there will be any talk between the two leaders about the border.

In commonly held conferences, leaders meet separately from the conference and talk on different issues, but in virtual meetings, this possibility is almost nil.

According to the newspaper, the Doklam dispute, which lasted three months in 2017, was settled before the BRICS conference held in Xiamen in September 2017. The Chumar border dispute of 2014 was also settled when the Chinese President was visiting Ahmedabad. During this, Modi talked to him.

But this time there have been eight rounds of talks between military commanders, six rounds between diplomats, and face-to-face discussions between the defense ministers, national security advisors, and foreign ministers of both countries. Still, so far disengagement and No signs of de-escalation are seen.

If you can talk to China, then why not Pakistan - Mehbooba Mufti

Peoples Democratic Party President Mehbooba Mufti, who was released after being in custody for 14 months, visited Jammu for the first time on Monday.

According to a report published in the newspaper Hindustan Times, on the central government's decision to remove Article 370 of the Constitution giving special status to Jammu and Kashmir, he said that due to the government's "unilateral and illegal" decision, the youth were forced to take up arms.

He said that extremism is increasing in Kashmir and restoring peace in this area, talks should be held with the leaders of Pakistan and Jammu and Kashmir.

According to the newspaper, he said that "the youth are picking up guns because the BJP has suppressed their voices; people have no other way left. They have only two ways, either go to jail or pick up arms." And they are taking up arms. "

Mehbooba Mufti appealed to the central government to negotiate with Pakistan and said, "If China can be negotiated then why not Pakistan. We are asking China to return our land, and they cannot move from their place." Why should we not talk to Pakistan? "

He said that the only way to solve the Kashmir issue could be that which was suggested by former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. He said that we should start a conversation with him.

Dangerous air pollution, ban on firecrackers till November 30

The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has banned the sale and use of all types of firecrackers in Delhi NCR from midnight of November to midnight of November 30.

According to the newspaper Jansatta, the NGT has said that firecrackers are meant to celebrate the happiness and to feast the death.

The newspaper writes that the bench of Justice Adarsh ​​Kumar Goel from the NGT has said that this ban will be applicable in every city and town of the country where air quality was recorded in November last year.

The NGT also says that sales of green firecrackers may be allowed in cities where air quality 'medium' was low but limited to two hours in the evening to firecrackers on Diwali, Chhath, Christmas, or New Year's Eve. Time can be fixed. State governments can take this decision.

The newspaper says that earlier the NGT had asked all the states and union territories to control the sources of air pollution. The NGT says that the risk of Kovid-19 may increase with air pollution.

The newspaper writes that after West Bengal, Rajasthan, Haryana, Chandigarh, and Delhi, now fireworks have been banned in Mumbai too. The pollution level is increasing in many cities of the country, including Delhi NCA.

On Monday, the air of 21 cities from Delhi to Agra and the country reached a dangerous level. A thick layer of mist enveloped the city on Monday, and people complained of eye irritation and difficulty in breathing.

About the author

Aakash Mishra

I am a professional content writer at world-wire, which is a News Agency and social platform that helps people attract visitors through Daily News and World Update.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment