As known by Nimrata Nikki Randhawa by birth, Nikki Haley was born on January 20, 1972, is currently 50 years old, and has a height of 5inches and 8 feet. She was born in an Indian Punjabi Sikh immigrant family, and her birth was at the Bamberg County Hospital in South Carolina. Her father’s name is Mr. Ajit Singh Randhawa, and her mother is Mrs. Raj Kaur Randhawa. Both had immigrated to the United States of America from the Amritsar district, Punjab. Before coming to the United States, her father was a professor at the Punjab Agricultural University. Her mother has a degree in law which she pursued from Delhi University.
Haley’s parents had first moved to Canada because his father had received a scholarship from the University of British Columbia. He completed his Ph.D. in 1969 post and he moved to South Carolina, United States, with his family. There he started a job as a professor at Voorhees College, which was historically a black institution. Her mother had completed a master’s degree in education and had taught in Bamberg public school for seven years. She had also started a boutique of clothes in 1976, which was known as Exotica. The boutique was closed in 2008. Haley also has a sister and two brothers. Her sister, Simran, was born in Canada. She was a radio host and also an alumna of the Fashion Institute of Technology.
Her one brother is named Mitti is a retired member of the United States Army of Chemical Corps, and her other brother, Charan, is a web designer. Haley completed her schooling in 1969 at the private Orangeburg Preparatory Schools. She then completed her bachelor’s degree in accounting from Clemson University. Before she joined her family’s clothing business as a bookkeeper, Hayley had worked for FCR, waste management, and a recycling company.
Nikki Haley Personal Life
Nimrata was married to Michael Haley in September 1996. His full name is William Michael Haley. He served as the First Gentleman of South Carolina from 2011 to 2017 and was the first man to hold the position. They had both Sikh and Methodist marriages. She and Michael have two children.
Their daughter Rena was born on June 8, 1998, and their son, Nalin, was born on September 6, 2001. Nikki Haley converted to Christianity in 1997. Michael and Nikki Haley both regularly attend United Methodist Church. Haley also attends Sikh services once or twice a year.
Nikki Haley’s Net Worth
Talking about her net worth, Nikki Haley has a net worth of about 2 million dollars. Along with having a career in politics, Nikki Haley is a well-known novelist as well, and she has written three novels that were published and got quite a good response as well. Her first novel, Can’t Is an Option: “My American Story,” was published in 2012 in New York by the Sentinel press. Her second novel came out in 2019 again in New York. It was published by St. Martin’s Press and was named “With All Due Respect: Defending America with Grit and Grace.” Her third novel, “A Better Blueprint for International Organizations: Advancing American Interests on the Global Stage,” was published in 2021. Nikki Haley has around 40 awards and honors in total.
Nikki Haley Career
In 2012, former governor Mitt Romney had considered Nikki Haley for his Vice-Presidential running mate, but unfortunately, Haley denied the offer and announced that she would not accept any Vice President offers. In her post-United Nations Career, in 2019, Nikki Haley created a new policy group, Stand for America. It was an Advocacy group that promoted public policies which were aimed at strengthening the economy, culture, and national security of the United States. She was nominated to the Board of Directors of Boeing on February 26, 2019, and she was then elected.
Her thoughts about Trump were not very favorable. She had described Trump’s actions related to the 2021 Storming of the United States as not very refined. She has also not spoken with Trump since January 6, 2021. Recently when she was asked by a newsletter if she wants friendship with Trump, her reply to that was very diplomatic and arrogant about how friends would be a loose term for their acquaintance. Overall in her political career of quite a number of years, Nikki Haley has won a lot of hearts as well as did not look very convincing to others. One of the strongest stands that Nikki Haley has taken in her career is about immigration. Nikki believed that since she is a product of immigration, she strongly believes that immigration laws should be enforced and carried on, making things easy for immigrants. In recent times she has been in the news for her opinions related to Biden and the new government.
Top 10 Nikki Haley’s Quotes
- “Some people think that you have to be the loudest voice in the room to make a difference. That is just not true. Often, the best thing we can do is turn down the volume. When the sound is quieter, you can actually hear what someone else is saying. And that can make a world of difference.”
- “Courage doesn’t come by doing what everybody else says. Courage does by what you know is right.”
- “Today, we live in a time of threats like few others in recent memory. During anxious times, it can be tempting to follow the siren call of the angriest voices. We must resist that temptation. No one who is willing to work hard, abide by our laws, and love our traditions should ever feel unwelcome in this country.”
- “When the United Nations consistently fails in its duty to act collectively, there are times in the life of states that we are compelled to take our own action.”
- “Everyone can have a bad day.”
- “I think any label is bad. I’m more than a label.”
- “All of my policy is not based on a label. It’s based on what I lived and what I know.”
- “Contraception doesn’t define a woman.”
- “My parents always used to tell us not to complain about things but do something about them, so ‘Can’t is an option’ was almost a way of life.”
- “In 2009, South Carolina was blessed to welcome a great American company that chose to stay in our country to continue to do business. That company was Boeing.”
Subscribe to Email Updates :