Anna Sorokin was born Anna Vadimovna Sorokina in a middle-class Russian family. The woman is known for being a fraudster and con artist. She was arrested in...
Biographical Data, Anna Sorokin
|Age||32 Years Old|
Facts About Anna Sorokin
- Anna Sorokin was born in Domodedovo, Russia, in 1991. Her father worked as a truck driver, and her mother was a housewife. When she was 16 years old, her family moved to Germany.
- In 2013, Sorokin moved to New York City and adopted the false identity of Anna Delvey, a wealthy German heiress. She portrayed herself as having a trust fund worth $60 million.
- Under the guise of Anna Delvey, Sorokin engaged in an elaborate scheme to access upper-class New York social and art scenes. She used her false identity to gain entry into exclusive clubs, hotels, and restaurants. Additionally, she convinced banks to lend her money and persuaded wealthy individuals to invest in her supposed business ventures.
- In 2017, Sorokin's deceptive scheme began to unravel when she was unable to repay her mounting debts. This led to her arrest and subsequent legal charges, including multiple counts of grand larceny and theft of services.
- In 2019, Sorokin was found guilty of her charges and sentenced to a prison term ranging from four to twelve years.
- Sorokin was released from prison in February 2021 and is currently under house arrest in the United States.
- While under house arrest, Sorokin has been working on a book about her experiences, providing her own perspective on the events surrounding her con artist endeavors.
Relevant People & Companies
Latest News About Anna Sorokin
Anna Sorokin Networth
As of 2023, Anna Delvey’s net worth is estimated to be 60 million US dollars. Recognized as one of the most affluent Russian-German fraudsters in her country, Delvey has been involved in numerous high-profile scandals and notable acts of theft. While she did receive a substantial sum of money from the Netflix series “Inventing Anna,” it did not significantly augment her overall wealth.
Anna Sorokin Biography
Anna Sorokin, who also went by the name Anna Delvey, gained notoriety as a Russian-born con artist during her four-year stint from 2013 to 2017, infiltrating New York City’s elite social and artistic circles. Born in Domodedovo, Russia, in 1991, Sorokin’s upbringing was modest, with her father working as a truck driver and her mother as a housewife. When she turned 16, her family relocated to Germany, where Sorokin pursued her education at the European Business School in London and Central Saint Martins in Paris.
In 2013, Sorokin set her sights on New York City, assuming the persona of Anna Delvey, a wealthy heiress from Germany. Armed with a fictitious $60 million trust fund, she utilized this fabricated identity to gain entrance into exclusive clubs, luxurious hotels, and renowned restaurants. Employing her deceptive charm, she convinced banks to extend her loans and persuaded affluent acquaintances to invest in her purported business ventures.