In this article, we are going to cover everything about Paul LePage, such as his age, bio, wife and family, career, net worth, and more. So, without any...
Biographical Data, Paul LePage
|Age||74 Years Old|
|Wife||Ann LePage (m. 1984), Sharon Crabbe (m. 1971–1980)|
|kids||Lauren LePage, Paul LePage Jr., Lisa LePage, Lindsay LePage|
Facts About Paul LePage
- LePage grew up in poverty and was homeless at times during his childhood.
- He worked odd jobs throughout his teenage years to help support his family.
- Before entering politics, LePage worked as a general manager for Marden's Surplus and Salvage, a discount retail chain in Maine.
- LePage was elected mayor of Waterville, Maine, in 2003 and served in that role until 2011.
- He was elected as the governor of Maine in 2010 and served two terms, from 2011 to 2019.
- LePage is a conservative Republican and is known for his controversial statements on a variety of issues, including immigration, welfare, and race.
- LePage strongly supports Second Amendment rights and has signed several bills into law that expand gun rights in Maine.
- He also supports the pro-life movement and has signed several bills into law that restrict abortion in the state.
- LePage has been a vocal critic of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, and has refused to implement certain aspects of the law in Maine.
Relevant People & Companies
Latest News About Paul LePage
In this article, we are going to cover everything about Paul LePage Approval rating 2022. So, without any further ado, let’s get started – American...
Paul LePage Networth
As of 2023, Paul LePage’s net worth was estimated to be around $5 million. However, this figure may have changed since then. LePage made his fortune primarily through his successful career in business before entering politics. He worked as a general manager for Marden’s Surplus and Salvage, a discount retail chain in Maine, where he was known for his cost-cutting measures and business acumen.
In addition to his work in the private sector, LePage has also earned a substantial income from his political career. As governor of Maine, he received an annual salary of $70,000 and various perks and benefits. LePage is known for his frugality and is described as a “fiscal conservative.” He has made headlines for refusing to stay in the governor’s mansion while in office and instead living in his home in Auburn, Maine.
Paul LePage Biography
Paul LePage is an American politician who served as the 74th Governor of Maine from 2011 to 2019. He was born on October 9, 1948, in Lewiston, Maine, and grew up in a working-class French-Canadian family. LePage graduated from Husson University in 1971 with a degree in business administration. After college, he worked in the private sector for several years before entering politics.
LePage’s political career began in 2002 when he was elected mayor of Waterville, Maine. He served in that role until 2010 when he announced his candidacy for governor. LePage ran as a Republican and won the election in November of that year. As governor, LePage was known for his conservative policies and efforts to reduce government spending. He also strongly advocated for job creation and economic development in Maine.
LePage’s tenure as governor was subject to controversy. He was criticized for his harsh rhetoric and divisive comments, particularly about immigrants and minorities. He was also involved in several high-profile disputes with members of the Maine legislature, including a protracted budget battle that led to a government shutdown in 2017.
LePage served two terms as governor before leaving office in January 2019. Since then, he has remained active in politics and has continued to be an influential figure in the conservative movement. LePage is married and has five children. He is known for his frugality and is described as a “straight-talking, no-nonsense” politician.