This article covers detailed information about Scott Jensen bio, age, height, weight, wife, family, and net worth. Along with that, we have covered a detailed...
Biographical Data, Scott Jensen
|Age||68 Years Old|
|Kids||Cristy Jensen, Jacquelyn Jensen, and Matthew Jensen|
Facts About Scott Jensen
- He completed his graduation in 1973 as the valedictorian of Sleepy Eye High School in Sleepy Eye, Minnesota. Scott later joined Luther Northwestern Theological Seminary and the University of Minnesota from 1977 to 1978, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in Physiology in 1978.
- He earned his medical degree from the University of Minnesota Medical School in 1981 and worked as a family physician in Watertown, Minnesota, for over 35 years.
- Jensen was first elected to the Minnesota State Senate in 2016 and was re-elected in 2020, representing District 47 in the western suburbs of the Twin Cities.
- He is a member of the Republican Party and has been involved in various committees related to healthcare and human services during his time in the Senate.
- Jensen gained national attention in 2020 for his controversial statements about the COVID-19 pandemic, including his skepticism about the accuracy of death certificates attributing deaths to the virus.
- In February 2021, the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice announced that it had opened an investigation into Jensen's conduct related to his statements about COVID-19.
- Jensen has authored several books, including Relationships Matter: How Physician Emotions and Patient Stories Can Improve Healthcare and The Art of Medicine: Healing and the Limits of Technology.
Relevant People & Companies
Latest News About Scott Jensen
This article covers all the crucial information regarding Scott Jensen net worth, biography, career, and more. So, keep reading to learn more about the famous...
Scott Jensen Networth
Scott Jensen, a prominent politician, and physician, reportedly possesses that Scott Jensen net worth ranging from $1 million to $5 million, which he has accumulated through his careers in politics and medicine. He resides in a self-owned residence and has affirmed that his net worth exceeds $1 million. Dr. Jensen has generated substantial income through his family medical practice in Watertown, Minnesota. In addition, during his tenure as the senator representing the 47th district, he also received a senator’s salary.
Scott Jensen Biography
Scott Jensen is a retired American physician and politician. He was born on November 19, 1954, in Willmar, Minnesota. He earned his medical degree from the University of Minnesota Medical School in 1981 and completed his residency in family medicine at the Mayo Clinic in 1984.
Jensen worked as a family physician in Watertown, Minnesota, for over 30 years, and he also served as the medical director for a local nursing home. In addition to his medical career, he has been involved in politics. He served as a Republican member of the Minnesota Senate from 2017 to 2021, representing District 47, which includes parts of Carver and Wright counties.
During his time in the Minnesota Senate, Jensen was known for his work on healthcare policy. He advocated for measures to lower healthcare costs and improve access to care, including expanding telemedicine services and creating a state reinsurance program to stabilize the individual health insurance market.
Jensen gained national attention in 2020 when he questioned
how COVID-19 deaths were being counted. He claimed that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offered hospitals financial incentives to classify deaths as COVID-19 even if the patient had not been tested for the virus. His claims were widely debunked by fact-checkers and medical experts, who noted that the CDC guidelines require a positive COVID-19 test result for a death to be classified as COVID-19.
Jensen did not seek re-election in 2020 and returned to his medical practice in Watertown, Minnesota, after his term in the Senate ended.