If you’re no longer using your Verizon router and planning to return your Verizon router for any reason, you have stumbled upon the right webpage.
This article covers a detailed guide on how to return a Verizon Verizon router, digital adapter, or any other Verizon device.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
How to Return Verizon Router?
If you’re a Verizon customer looking to return your router, here is how you can do it –
Determine If You’re Eligible for a Return
Before you can return your router, you must determine if you’re eligible. If you’re within the 30-day return window, you can return your router for a full refund. If it’s been more than 30 days, you may still be able to return your router, but you may be subject to a restocking fee.
Gather Your Verizon Router and Equipment
Before returning your router, you’ll need to gather all the equipment that came with it. That includes any cables, power adapters, and documentation.
Package Your Equipment
Once you have all the equipment, you’ll need to package it up for shipping. Ensure you wrap everything.
Print Your Shipping Label
You can print your shipping label online through Verizon’s website. You’ll need to log in to your account and follow the instructions for returning equipment.
Ship Your Equipment
Once you have your shipping label, you can ship your equipment back to Verizon. You can use any carrier you like, but make sure to keep the tracking information in case there are any issues.
Once Verizon receives your equipment, they’ll confirm receipt and process your return. Ensure that you check your account to receive your refund.
How To Return Verizon Router? – 3 Methods
Here are three methods to send back a Verizon router –
Return the Verizon Router by Mail
- Package the router and all the accessories that came with it.
- Go to the Verizon website and print the return label.
- Attach the return label to the package.
- Drop Off the Package at Any Authorized Shipping Center, or Schedule a Pickup.
Return the router to a Verizon store
You can also return the router in person by going to a Verizon store near you.
Here’s how –
- Bring the router and all the accessories to the Verizon store.
- Ask a Verizon representative to process the return.
- Provide your account details and a valid ID to confirm your identity.
- Ensure that you receive a receipt and confirmation once the return process of the router is complete.
Schedule a Pickup
- Go to the Verizon website and request a pickup for the router return.
- Provide your account details and a valid pickup address.
- Package the router and all the accessories. Leave them at the designated pickup location on the scheduled date.
- A courier will pick up the package and deliver it to Verizon.
No matter which method you choose, you must ensure you have all the equipment that came with the router and that you return it within the 30-day return window to avoid any restocking fees.
Where to Return a Verizon Router?
You can return a Verizon router by mail, at a Verizon store, or by scheduling a pickup.
Here are the details on where to return a Verizon router through these methods –
- Mail – You can return your Verizon router via mail to any of Verizon’s official return offices. You can find the information about it on Verizon’s official website.
- Verizon Store – You can return a Verizon router to any Verizon store near you. All you need to do is bring the router and all the accessories to the store and tell them that you want to return it.
- Pickup – Lastly, you can choose the pickup method where Verizon will schedule a pickup for your router from your home or any other pickup address that you will provide.
Reasons To Return Verizon Router
There could be several reasons why you might need to return a Verizon router, but some of the most common ones are –
- Upgrading to a New Router – If you’re upgrading your internet service or switching to a new provider, you might need to return the old router.
- Moving to a New Location – If you’re moving to a new home or office and don’t need the router anymore, you’ll need to return it to avoid any charges.
- Router Malfunctioning – If the router is not functioning correctly or is causing connectivity issues, you may need to return it to get a replacement.
- Canceling Your Service – If you’re canceling your Verizon internet service, you must return the router to avoid equipment fees or charges.
- Router No Longer Needed – If you’ve switched to a different router or don’t need a router anymore, you can return it to Verizon.
- Change in Internet Usage – If you’ve experienced a difference in your internet usage or require a different type of router for your needs, you may need to return the old router and get a new one.
- Service Upgrade – If you’re upgrading your Verizon internet service, you may need to return your old router and get a new one compatible with the new service.
How to Fix Verizon Router Issues to Avoid Return?
If you’re experiencing issues with your Verizon router, there are a few things you can try before deciding to return it.
Here are some troubleshooting tips –
- Restart Your Router – Sometimes, restarting your router can fix the issue. To do this, unplug the router from the power source, wait for 10-15 seconds, and then plug it back in. Give it a few minutes to restart and reconnect to the internet.
- Check Your Connections – Ensure all the cables and connections are secure and plugged in correctly. Connectivity issues may arise when cables are not properly connected or become disconnected.
- Check for Firmware Updates – Ensure your router runs the latest version. To do this, log in to your router’s settings page and check for any available updates. If there is an update available, download and install it.
- Reset Your Router – If the issue persists, you may need to reset your router to its default settings. To do this, locate the reset button on the router, press and hold it for 10-15 seconds, and then release it. This will reset the router to its factory default settings.
- Contact Verizon Support – If you need help with the above troubleshooting steps, you may need to contact Verizon support for assistance. They can help you diagnose the issue and provide a solution.
- Check for Signal Interference – Other wireless devices or electronic devices in your home may interfere with your router’s signal. Make sure your router is in an open area and away from other devices that could cause interference.
- Change the Wi-Fi Channel – Changing the Wi-Fi channel on your router can help fix connectivity issues. You can do this on your router’s settings page.
- Update Your Computer’s Network Drivers – Outdated or corrupted network drivers on your computer can cause connectivity issues with your router. Make sure your computer’s network drivers are up to date.
- Factory Reset Your Router – If all else fails, you may need to factory reset your router. This will erase all settings and configurations. So ensure you have your router’s login information and any other necessary details before doing this.
What types of devices can you return to Verizon?
Verizon Mobile allows returns for different devices, such as smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, hotspots, modems, wireless headphones, VR headsets, and gaming consoles. You have 14 days from the purchase date to return the device if it’s in like-new condition with all original accessories.
You can return the device to receive a refund or exchange it if you’re not satisfied with the purchase or encounter problems. But be sure to check the terms and conditions to confirm eligibility for returns.
Verizon Digital Adapter
A Verizon digital adapter is a small device that converts digital TV signals into analog signals, allowing older TVs to display digital programming. It is an affordable alternative to buying a new digital TV, enabling users to access high-definition programming without upgrading their TV.
The adapter is easy to install and comes with a remote control for easy channel surfing. It is a popular choice for people who want to keep using their old TV while still enjoying the benefits of digital programming.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have to return a Verizon router?
The return period for Verizon routers is typically 30 days from the date of purchase.
Can I return a Verizon router if it’s outside the return period?
You may only be able to get a full refund if you return a router within the return period.
What do I need to return a Verizon router?
You need all the original packaging, accessories, and documentation that came with the router to return it.
Can I return a Verizon router to a retail store?
Yes, you can return a Verizon router to a retail store or return it by mail.
Can I return other devices to Verizon besides routers?
Yes, Verizon provides the option to return a variety of devices which includes smartphones, tablets, smart home devices, and gaming consoles.
Signup For Our Newsletter