Here Top 10 Presidential International Trips by Donald Trump. Donald J. Trump, the 45th President of the United States, has made 19 international trips to 24 countries during his presidency, which began on January 20, 2017, and ended on January 20, 2021.
The Number of visits Former President Trump traveled as follows.
- One time: Canada, China, Finland, Afghanistan, Argentina, India, Iraq, Israel, North Korea, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Vatican City, and West BankDon.
- Two times: Germany, Belgium, Ireland, Italy, Switzerland, South Korea, and Vietnam
- Three times: Japan and the United Kingdom.
- Four times: France
List of Presidential International Trips by Donald Trump [Year Wise]
Donald’s international travel was their last visit due to the introduction of the Boeing VC-25. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Trump made no international trips after February 2020.
Presidential International Trips by Donald Trump in 2017
- On May 20- 22, Trump traveled to Saudi Arabia; he visited Riyadh to meet King Salman and a Muslim leader at the Riyadh Summit and to sign a $110 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia. Also, he was honored with the Collar of Abdulaziz AI Saud.
- On May 22 – 23, Trump traveled to Israel and visited Jerusalem to meet President Reuven Rivlin and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. He also visited the Western Wall and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Trump visited Yad Vashem and delivered a speech at the Israel Museum.
- On May 23, Trump traveled to Palestinian Authority and visited Bethlehem to meet Palestinian president Mahmood Abbas.
- On May 22 – 24, Trump traveled to Italy and visited Rome to meet President Sergio Mattarela and Prime Minister Paulo Gentiloni.
- On May 24, Trump traveled to Vatican City, and he visited Vatican city to meet pope Francis.
- On July 13 -14, Trump traveled to France and visited Paris to meet President Emmanuel Macron and participated in the Bastille Day celebrations marking the 100th anniversary of the entry of the United States into World war.
- On November 8- 10, Trump traveled to China and visited Beijing to meet General Secretary, President XI Jinping, and Premier LI Keqiang.
- On November 10- 12, Trump traveled to Vietnam, and he visited DA Nang H.A. Not to meet Tran Dai Quang, Prime minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, and the Communist Party General secretary.
- On November 12-14, Trump traveled to the Philippines, visited Manila Pasay to attend the 31st ASEAN Summit, and met President Rodrigo Duterte.
Also, Read | 15 Black celebrities that endorsed Donald Trump
Presidential International Trips by Donald Trump in 2018
- On Jan 25 – 28, Trump traveled to Switzerland, visited Davos to attend the World Economic Forum, and held bilateral meetings with the British prime minister. He met prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- On June 8-9, Trump traveled to Canada, and he visited La Maiibli to attend the 44th G7 Summit at the Fairmont Le Manoir and held bilateral meetings with the Canadian prime minister.
- On June 10-12, Trump traveled to Singapore, and he visited Central Asia, Sentosa Island, to attend the Summit meeting with North Korean Chairman Kim Jong-un, becoming the first sitting. U.S. president to meet a North Korean Leader, and Trump met Prime minister Lee. Trump made a refueling stop at an airbase in Greece on the trip to Singapore.
- On July 15 – 16, Trump traveled to Finland and visited Helsinki to attend the Summit meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin and met with President Sauli Ninisto.
- On November 9-11, Trump traveled to France. He visited Paris to meet President Emmanuel Macron. He participated in Armistice day celebrations marking the 100th anniversary of the Armistice with Germany, bringing major hostilities of world war I to an end.
- On December 26, Trump traveled to Iraq and visited AI Asad Air Base to meet U.S. military personnel serving in western Iraq. This was their second trip to the U.S. Combat zone of Trump.
- On December 26 -27, Trump traveled to Germany and visited Ramstein Air Base to visit the United States Armed forces serving in Rhineland Palatinate, Germany.
International Trips by Donald Trump in 2019
- From February 26 to 28, Trump traveled to Vietnam, visiting Hanoi to attend the summit meeting with North Korean chairman Kim Jong. Trump met with General Secretary, President Nguyen Tron, and Prime minister Nguyen Xuan. Trump made a refuelling stop at an airbase in Water on a trip to Vietnam.
- From June 3 to 5, Trump traveled to Japan, and he visited Tokyo to meet Emperor Naruhito and Prime minister Shinzo Abe.
- On June 30, Trump traveled to Ireland and visited Shanon Country to meet with Taoiseach Leo Varadkar. Also, he spent one night at his international golf resort in Doonbegs, sitting in the U.S.
- From August 24 to 26, Trump traveled to France and visited Biarritz to attend the 45th G7 Summit at the Hotel du Palais in Biarritz. Trump also held bilateral meetings with Australian prime minister Scott Morrison, Canadian Prime minister Justin Trudeau, Egyptian president Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, French president Emmanuel Macron, Narendra Modi, and Japanese Prime minister Shinzo Abe.
- On November 28, Trump traveled to Afghanistan, and he visited Bagram Field to meet U.S. military personnel serving in Eastern Afghanistan, accompanied by first lady Melania Trump. This was the fourth president’s trip to a U.S. combat zone. Trump met President Ashraf Ghani.
- From December 2 to 4, Trump traveled to the United Kingdom and visited London Watford to attend the 30th NATO summit; he also met with Queen Elizabeth II and Prime Minister Boris Johnson. There was a bilateral meeting with Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau. Danish Prime minister Mette Frederiksen, French president Emmanuel Macron, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and Italian prime minister Giuseppe Conte.
Also, Read | How Safe Is the United States for Travel?
Presidential International Trips by Donald Trump in 2020
- From January 21 to 22, Trump traveled to Switzerland and visited Davos to attend the World Economic Forum; he also held bilateral meetings with European commission president Ursula Von Der Leyen, Iraqi president Barzani, Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan, and Swiss President Simonetta Sommarunga.
- From February 24 to 25, Trump traveled to India, and he visited Ahmedabad, New Delhi, and Agra to address a Namaste event with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Ahmedabad. And also he toured Mahatma Gandhi Sabarmati Ashram and the Taj Mahal. Trump received a formal welcome from President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhaban. India conducted a series of meetings with Modi and other government officials and Indian Business executives. Final international trip of the Trump presidency due to COVID -19 pandemic.
Subscribe to Email Updates :