It is well known that Vighnaharta is the son of Lord Ganesha Shankar-Parvati. But do you know that Lord Ganesha is also the ‘adopted-son’ of Mother Lakshmi! According to mythology, once Lakshmi Ji feels proud of herself, the whole world worships her and is eager to get her.
Lord Vishnu realized this feeling of her’s. Lord Vishnu, to destroy the arrogance and pride of Mother Lakshmi, told her that ‘Goddess may worship you and the world is anxious to get you, but you have a significant shortcoming. You are still incomplete. ‘
When Mata Lakshmi wanted to know her loss, Vishnu told her that ‘until a woman becomes a mother, she does not achieve perfection. You are incomplete because you are childless. ‘
Mother Lakshmi felt very sad to know this. She reveals her pain to her companion, Parvati and asks her to adopt Ganesha out of his two sons. Parvati Ji felt her son Ganesha intending to remove the sorrow of Goddess Lakshmi.
Since then, Lord Ganesha started being considered as the ‘adopted-son’ of Goddess Lakshmi. Mother Lakshmi was overjoyed when she got Ganesha as her son and gave Ganesha a boon that whoever does not worship you with my worship will not be near her. Therefore, Lord Ganesha, his ‘adopted-son’ is always worshiped along with Lakshmi.
Who is Laxmi
The Goddess Lakshmi is called the Goddess of wealth and prosperity. The Vishnu Purana of Sanatana Dharma states that Lakshmi Ji is the daughter of Bhrigu and Khwati and lived in heaven. In the time of Samudra Manthan, the lecture on the glory of Lakshmi is described in the Vedas. Laxmi Ji chose Vishnu as her husband, which is believed to have further strengthened her powers.
Two elephants consecrate Lakshmi. She sits on the lotus seat. Lotus has been given special importance in the worship of Lakshmi. Because this flower is a symbol of tenderness, it is found in the place of worship of the Goddess Lakshmi.
Lakshmi Ji has four hands. She is a symbol of one goal and four natures (foresight, determination, work, and power of order), and Mother Lakshmi Ji blesses her devotees with all her hands. Her vehicle has been reported to Owl, which is an indicator of bravery.
Worship of Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha
It is said that where there is wisdom, there is also wealth. When Lord Shiva took the intellect test of his two sons, in this test, Lord Ganesha got Vijay Shree. Therefore, Lord Ganesha and Mother Lakshmi should be worshiped together.
In which direction should the statue be placed
In the long run, Lord Shiva killed Ganesha, so he sent his messengers in the north direction and said Whoever appears in this direction first. Get his brain.
At that time, the emissaries of Lord Shiva brought the face of Airavat. Therefore, place the idol of Lord Ganesha and Maa Lakshmi in the north direction. The place of worship in the house should be in the north or northeast direction.
Place of Maa Lakshmi
Many times, people inadvertently place the idol of Goddess Lakshmi to the left of Lord Ganesha. This worsens the economic condition of the house as the wife sits to the left of the man.
At the same time, the mother is Lakshmi Adishakti, who is the mother of Lord Ganesha. So always keep the idol of Goddess Lakshmi to the right of Lord Ganesha. By taking such measures, the blessings of Mother Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha remain at home.
Goddess Lakshmi is considered as the Goddess of wealth in the scriptures. People try to please God by taking various measures to get the blessings of Mother Lakshmi.
For this, people keep the idol of Goddess Lakshmi at home, but there can be disadvantages of keeping the idol of Goddess if you do not put it in the right way. Let’s know the right way to keep the idol of Goddess Lakshmi.
Things you should avoid while praying Goddess Laxmi
There is an idol of Goddess Lakshmi in the house of worship. But many times, people mistakenly place an idol of Goddess Lakshmi in a standing position, which should not be kept.
- Worship done in this form of mother does not result.
- According to the Puranas, Goddess Lakshmi is fickle, so whenever she keeps an idol in her standing position, she does not stay long.
- Always keep a sitting idol of Goddess Lakshmi at home.
- The vehicle of Goddess Lakshmi is an owl, and the Owl is also of a playful nature, so the idol of Goddess Lakshmi should never be kept in a sitting position on an owl.
- In most of the houses, the idol of Goddess Lakshmi is seen with Lord Ganesha. It is wrong to keep this way. Actually, Goddess Lakshmi is the consort of Lord Vishnu. Therefore Vishnu should be kept with the idol of Goddess Lakshmi.
- Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi should be kept together only on the day of Deepawali. To bring happiness and prosperity at home on Diwali, worship of Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha together.
- Never keep the idol of Goddess Lakshmi close to the wall. In Vastu, we see it as a defect. The distance between the statue and the wall should be maintained.
- According to Vastu, it is very important to keep the house of worship and the idols of gods and goddesses placed in them in the right direction. The idol of Goddess Lakshmi should always be kept in the north direction; only then auspicious results are obtained.
- Many people keep more than one idol and pictures of Goddess Lakshmi in their house of worship, which is considered taboo in the scriptures.
The main worship of Goddess Lakshmi is done on Diwali, but to perform Lakshmi Puja continuously is considered even more fruitful.
Cleanliness should be given special attention while worshiping Lakshmi. After worshiping Goddess Lakshmi on the occasion of Deepawali, worship the lamp, for this, lit seven, eleven, twenty-one or more lamps of sesame oil and keep it in a plate and worship it.
After the lamp worship, the women of the house surrender all the gold and silver jewellery etc. with their hands to Maa Lakshmi. The next day, after bathing, after rituals, after the rituals, the jewellery and other ingredients of the suhag, which were offered, should be considered as Prasad of Goddess Lakshmi and use it yourself. It is believed that by doing this, the grace of Mother Lakshmi remains forever.