As India is celebrating its Independence Day tomorrow, the preparations for the celebrations are in full swing in the National capital of India. Amid the coronavirus pandemic, the Independence Day will be celebrated with special arrangements. All precautionary measures related to the COVID-19 will be followed.
The full dress rehearsal was accomplished on August 13 leading the Delhi Traffic Police to divert many routes towards the Red Fort. The Delhi Traffic Police has issued an advisory considering the Independence Day celebrations tomorrow to avoid any inconvenience to the residents of Delhi.
Which Roads will be closed in Delhi?
The advisory will help the Delhiites to know which routes will be closed and should be avoided by them. Go through the article to know the details of the route that you must avoid.
According to the advisory issued, certain roads around the Red Fort will stay closed from 4 am to 10 am.
Roads to remain closed on Independence Day 2020 from 4 am to 10 am:
- Netaji Subhash Marg: From Delhi Gate to Chatta Rail
- Lothian Road: From GPO Delhi to Ghana Rail
- S.P. Mukherjee Marg: From H.C. Sen Marg to Yamuna Bazar Chowk
- Chandni Chowk Road: From Fountain Chowk to Red Fort
- Nishad Raj Marg: From Ring Road to Netaji Subhash Marg
- Esplanade Road and its Link Road to Netaji Subhash Marg
- Ring Road: From Rajghat to ISBT
- Outer Ring Road: From ISBT to IP Flyover i.e. Salimgarh Bypass
Independence day 2020 Celebrations
Apart from this, the vehicles without parking labels for the rehearsal are also advised to avoid the below-mentioned routes and take other routes.
- C- Hexagon India Gate
- Copernicus Marg
- Mandi House
- Sikandra Road
- W Point
- A point Tilak Marg
- Mathura Road
- BSZ Marg
- Subhash Marg
- JL Nehru Marg
- Ring Road between Nizamuddin Bridge and ISBT bridge
- Outer Ring Road from IP Flyover through Salimgarh Bypass to ISBT
The movement of goods vehicle between Nizamuddin Bridge and Wazirabad Bridge is also restricted from August 14 midnight to 11 AM on August 15.
The same schedule goes for the restriction of movement of the interstate buses between Maharana Pratap ISBT to Sarai Kale Khan ISBT.
The Traffic Police has also said that alternative routes for railway stations, hospitals and bus bases will remain open near the Red Fort.
People are advised to leave in advance to their destinations to avoid getting stuck in the traffic.