What if I tell you that you can grab a Free Laptop With Food Stamps without investing any penny? Yes, you read it correctly.
This article covers detailed information about how to get a free laptop with Food Stamps, the eligibility criteria, the application process, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
Free Laptop with Food Stamps
The American government runs many assistance programs to help low-income people get the necessities of life. Devices like laptops, tablets, and smartphones are indispensable to life. However, many low-income people struggle to afford them.
Therefore, the government helps these people access the internet and electronic devices through different programs. To avail of these government aids, you must participate in these programs by qualifying for certain eligibility.
Food Stamps, also called SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), is one such program that offers food-purchasing assistance for low-income people. People with SNAP benefits get monthly financial assistance directly into the household’s EBT card account, and you can use this EBT card to get nearly a free laptop.
Eligibility Requirements to Apply for Free Laptop with Food Stamps
You must meet some specific eligibility criteria to enroll in Food Stamps programs to receive a free laptop –
You or your household’s gross monthly income should be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Food Stamps is eligible to apply for a free laptop only if you work at least 30-80 hours a week. Students, caretakers of children under 6, disabled people, incapacitated people, and people in drug rehabilitation must work 30 hours a week.
Non-disabled adults aged 18-49 who are not pregnant and do not have dependents under 18 in the family must work 80 hours a month.
A family can hold up to $2,250 in a bank account or countable resources. If at least one person in your family is age 60 or above or has a disability, you may have $3500 in countable resources.
Immigrant Status Eligibility
You may be Food Stamps eligible to get a free laptop if you are a legal immigrant who has lived in the United States for five years or more, is receiving benefits or disability-related aid, or have children under 18.
You are Food Stamp eligible to apply for a laptop with food stamps if you are a low-income student.
Once you ensure your eligibility to apply for a free laptop with the Food Stamps program, you must submit some supporting documents to start the procedure.
These documents are –
|Shelter Expense Proof||
Medical Expense Proof (for people above 60 or disabled)
How to Apply for a Free Laptop with Food Stamps
Follow the steps below to apply for the Food Stamps program to get a free laptop –
To apply online for a free laptop with Food Stamps, follow these simple steps –
- Open this link – https://dtaconnect.eohhs.mass.gov/.
- Click on Apply SNAP.
- Click on “Get Started.” The SNAP online application form will be displayed.
- Complete the form and submit it.
- You will be notified about your SNAP application status via mail.
Application Via Mail
- To apply for the SNAP program to get a free laptop Food Stamps via mail, you can download the SNAP application form at https://www.mass.gov/doc/snap-benefit-application/download
- If you are above 60, you can download the application for seniors at https://www.mass.gov/doc/snap-application-for-seniors-snap-app-seniors/download.
- To apply for a free laptop with Food Stamps via mail, you also need to download the DTA cover sheet available at https://www.mass.gov/doc/dta-mailfax-cover-sheet/download.
- Once downloaded, print out the application form and fill it with the proper information.
- Attach copies of all of the required documents.
- Mail the application form to the DTA Document Processing Center PO Box 4406 Taunton, MA 02780-0420
- You can fax your form to 617-887-8765
Application in Person
- To apply for SNAP in person to receive a free laptop, you can visit a local DTA office.
- You can see the location of the DTA office at https://www.mass.gov/orgs/department-of-transitional-assistance/locations?_page=1
- Enter your Zip code.
- After that, you can complete the application procedure.
Application By Phone
To get a free laptop with Food Stamps, you can apply by phone.
- Please call the DTA Assistance Line at 1-877-382-2363
- Press 7 to apply for SNAP.
- The DTA Assistance Line is available 24/7 for their customers.
What Free Laptops Can You Get with Food Stamps?
The free laptop with Food Stamps depends on your location and the availability of the laptop model during your time of application.
The providers do not reveal which laptop they offer in advance. However, you get a good working laptop with all the basic features.
According to customer reviews, you may expect to get a laptop from one of the following manufacturers –
- Dell Computer
- Google Chromebook
- Lenovo Computer
Companies that offer a Free Laptop with Food Stamps Program
All ACP providers offer a free laptop, as participating in the Food Stamp program makes you eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
You can check the list of all ACP providers statewide at https://www.fcc.gov/affordable-connectivity-program-providers
Here, we have mentioned some of the best companies that provide free laptops –
- PCs for People
- Human I-T
- Computers with Causes
- The On It Foundation
- Alliance for Technology
- Microsoft Registered Refurbished
- Smart Riverside
- Technology for the Future
- World Computer Exchange
Other Ways to Get a Free Laptop
If you are not eligible to get a laptop through Food Stamps or the ACP program, you don’t have to worry, as there are a few other ways to get a free laptop.
These ways are –
- You can get a free laptop from a non-profit organization or a charity. Some organizations that offer free laptops are Computers for Kids, Adaptive.org, Freecycle, Microsoft Registered Refurbishers, the National Cristina Foundation, etc.
- You can receive a free laptop from a company like St. Vincent De Paul, United Way, SAM.gov Assistance, Craigslist, etc.
- You may get a free laptop through a college or school.
- You can receive a free laptop from a church, library, or local charity.
There you have it – a detailed article covering information related to free laptops with Food Stamps.
We tried to cover everything that you may need to know about this free laptop program. However, if we missed something or you still have any questions, feel free to shoot them in the comment section below. Our team will try to respond ASAP.
Subscribe to Email Updates :