Gettr, stylized as GETTR, is a microblogging and social media platform that targets the audience of American conservatives. It was founded on July 4, 2021, by Jason Miller, a former aide to ex-president Donald Trump. Gettr has been deemed as a “conservative” social media platform.
The Gettr app was described as a “non-bias social network” during the time of its launch and currently bills itself as an alternative to mainstream social networks. Gettr’s mission statement lists the platform’s goals to include “fighting to cancel culture, promoting common sense, defending free speech, challenging social media monopolies, and creating a true marketplace of ideas.” The name ‘Gettr’ is a combination of the words “getting together” and “get together.”
Gettr app troubleshooting fixes for Android and Apple
Many android Gettr users face common troubleshooting issues with the app like only being able to see a black screen when opening the app, the app hanging frequently, the app crashing, or not being able to use the app properly. To help with such issues on the Gettr app, we have compiled a list of fixes for these common troubleshooting problems below:
- Restart your device: if the app shows any of the above-mentioned troubleshooting problems, get to the basics first. Try restarting your device. Press the power button on your phone for a few seconds, and select the restart or reboot options. Once restarted, open the app again. If it works for you, well and good! If not, try the options mentioned below.
- Check your internet connection: if restarting your device doesn’t work for you, check your internet connection. Open any other app that requires internet, and if that doesn’t function properly, there might be a problem with your internet connection. Get your internet connection fixed, and try using Gettr.
- Update or reinstall the Gettr app: if both the above-mentioned options fail to work for you, you can try reinstalling the app, or download the updated version if available, from the Apple or Android app store.
- Clear cache memory: too much cache stored could be one of the reasons that the Gettr app isn’t working for you. Clear all cache memory by pressing the app icon for a few seconds and try using the app again.
- Try again later: if none of the methods work for you, you could try using the app at a later time. Sometimes, server overload can also hinder app usage.
- Contact Gettr customer support: if you have tried all of the above-mentioned fixes and the app still doesn’t work, please get in contact with the Gettr customer support team for further help.
All of these methods work the same for Apple as well as Android devices.
Gettr app overview
The official description of the Gettr app on app stores reads, “Break away from Big Tech and join an inspiring, uplifting, positive social media platform for all! GETTR wants to bring enjoyment back to your social media experience by supporting freedom of independent thought and rejecting political censorship.
Offering the best in class technology, GETTR offers the voice of freedom to its users, allowing for unfiltered discourse and sharing of information, news, and thoughts with your friends, family, and those around the world!”
Features of the Gettr app
The Gettr app provides users with the freedom to write posts of up to 777 characters, upload images, and upload and edit videos of up to three minutes in length on the platform. Users can also repost posts from other users and browse a feed consisting of the latest trending topics.
Some Gettr users can import their Twitter content and make their Gettr accounts look like their Twitter feeds. Users that gain significant popularity, can also be verified on the platform. In app stores, the app is rated “M” for “mature,” implying that it is appropriate for people aged 17 and up. Gettr founder Jason Miller said that he intends to monetize the platform through a “tipping” feature, live streaming, and the creation of a platform to facilitate political donations.
The user interface and feature set of the Gettr app show a striking similarity to that of Twitter’s. Shortly after its launch, the platform experienced numerous issues like internet trolls, users posting content that violated the terms of service, pornography flooding in, and also witnessed the temporary hacking of accounts owned by high-profile members. Journalists have noted the platform’s prevalence of extreme content, such as racism, anti-Semitism, and terrorist propaganda.
The Gettr app was founded by a former Donald Trump aide Jason Miller, who currently serves as the CEO for the company. Gettr claims to have harnessed nearly 3 million total users and nearly 400,000 daily average users by November 2021. According to the company, its user base had grown to 4.5 million as of February 2022. Gettr has 6.5 million global downloads from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, according to Sensor Tower.
Subscribe to Email Updates :