If you’re looking to cancel your Whoop Membership, you have stumbled upon the right page.
Whoop fitness tracker is becoming famous in wearable technology due to its advanced tracking and personalized insights features. Customers can track their fitness and health goals.
Customers can easily set their different fitness goals and track them separately. However, Whoop requires a subscription, which customers must pay monthly.
Your fitness objectives may change, and Whoop may not meet your needs. No matter the scenario, canceling your account with Whoop is simple and can be done in a few simple steps.
As someone who suffers from tachycardia and has a higher heart rate than normal, I purchased a Whoop fitness tracker. It has great battery life and accurate readings to track my heart pace while performing physical activities.
I could check my heart rate, pulse, skin temperature, and oxygen levels on the device. The device helped me to improve my health in a few months with a little physical exercise.
Since I didn’t need the device anymore, I thought about canceling my Whoop membership despite having a subscription of one year. However, I needed to know whether we can do so.
Luckily, with the whoop community support, without much stress, I canceled my subscription.
So if you want to cancel your Whoop subscription, let me provide a step-by-step guide on canceling the Whoop membership. Please read our post to learn about the Whoop membership and other relevant details related to the topic.
So, without further delay, let’s begin.
Can I cancel my Whoop membership?
Whoop devices are not expensive, and you may even get a free smartwatch from the government. However, you still have to pay for the monthly subscription plan.
So, If you are wondering if you can cancel your Whoop Membership, the answer is Yes.
When you get a Whoop device, you have a 30-day return window. Within these days, you can use this device and decide whether you want to continue keeping it.
Suppose you want to return the Whoop device for any reason. You can return your device within a 30-day return window and get a full refund.
If you want to cancel your membership, it would be better to cancel it before the end of the 30-day because you will have to pay the remaining balance for the entire membership term even if you cancel before the end of your membership period.
How to Cancel Whoop Membership?
Now that you know that you must cancel your Membership with Whoop within 30 days billing cycle. You must be wondering how to achieve this cancellation as you may be in a hurry due to the few days left; I was also in the same situation.
But let me assure you, canceling Whoop Membership is an easy process that can be done in three different ways.
- Through the Whoop website
- Through the contact support
- Through the Whoop App
Both methods are discussed in the subsequent sections.
Method #1 Cancel Whoop membership through the Website
Here are the steps to cancel your Whoop membership through the Website.
- First, open Whoop’s official Website in your browser.
- Then log into your Whoop account with your credentials.
- Click on the “Menu” icon on the dashboard.
- Then select the “Membership” option.
- Scroll down to locate the “Cancel your membership” option.
- Click on the option.
- You will receive a confirmation email once you click on the cancellation icon.
- The procedure for Whoop membership cancellation is now complete. You don’t have to pay any payments now.
Note: If you are still charged after the cancellation process, contact Whoop customer support at [email protected] or 1 (888) 966-7877.
Method #2 Cancel Whoop Membership Via Support Contact Form
Alternatively, you can cancel your Whoop membership via the customer support contact form. Here are the steps to do so.
- Open the official Website of Whoop.
- Log into your account.
- Go to the menu section.
- Click on the “Support” option.
- Then click on the “submit a request” icon.
- You must fill out the details with your reason for canceling your Whoop membership here.
- Please submit the request once you have finished entering the details.
- You must wait until the Whoop team contacts you for the cancellation.
- Your Whoop membership will be canceled once the Whoop customer support executive calls and confirms your cancellation.
If you need assistance canceling or have additional questions about your Whoop membership, you can contact Whoop customer support team at 1 (888) 966-7877 and also email your issue to [email protected]
Note: It should be noted that you can cancel your Whoop membership at any time when you’re on a monthly membership.
But if you are on an annual or two-year membership, you will need to pay a commitment buyout fee to cancel your membership before the end of your commitment period.
Once your subscription is canceled, you may no longer have access to your account and data.
Method #3 Cancel Whoop membership in the App
If you want to cancel Whoop membership in App, follow the steps below.
- Open the Whoop App and visit the Menu Section.
- Select Membership.
- Scroll down, and at the end of the page, you will find Cancel your Membership option.
- Click on it, and the cancellation is done.
Whoop Cancellation Policy
If you’re canceling your membership, familiarize yourself with the cancellation policy.
- 30-day Trial: When you sign up for WHOOP, you are offered a 30-day trial period. This allows you to try the product and decide if it meets your needs.
- Cancellation Within 30 Days of Receipt: You can cancel your WHOOP membership or membership trial within 30 days of receiving your device. This flexibility ensures that you can opt-out without a hassle if the product doesn’t meet your needs.
- Refund Eligibility: If you decide to cancel your membership within this 30-day window, you are eligible for a refund. This refund will cover any unused months of service. It’s important to note that if you cancel after 30 days of receipt of your device, you will not be eligible for a refund.
- Billing Policy: The WHOOP services are billed monthly or upfront, depending on your chosen membership plan. This billing begins after 30 days of the receipt, at which point you must decide whether to continue with the membership.
Here are some tips to consider when you cancel your Whoop membership.
Now that you know about “How to cancel Whoop membership.” Here are some important things that you must know about canceling your Whoop membership.
Following these tips will ensure an easy cancellation.
- You will have to return your Whoop device after you cancel your membership.
- You will be eligible for a refund if you cancel your Whoop membership within 30 days of purchasing.
- You will lose access to all your Whoop data once you cancel your membership.
- If you cancel your Whoop membership after 30 days, you must pay for the entire membership term if your membership period is more than a month. Hence, you must consider canceling your membership before 30 days.
Can I freeze my WHOOP membership?
Yes. You can freeze your Whoop membership. This is possible for a maximum of 3 months at a time and once every 12 months or a year.
Here are the steps to freeze your Whoop membership.
- On your Whoop Connect free tablet, Visit Whoop’s official Website at “https://www.whoop.com/us/en/.”
- Log in to your Whoop account.
- Click on the “Membership” option.
- Scroll down to find the “Pause Membership” option.
- Click on the “Pause Membership” icon.
- Select the period for which you want to freeze your Whoop membership.
- Click on the “Pause Membership” icon again.
- You cannot upload data or receive details once you pause your Whoop membership.
Can I Get a Refund from WHOOP After Cancellation?
No. You cannot get a refund from Whoop after your membership cancellation. You can get refunds on your subscription fees if you cancel your subscriptions within the 30-day purchase window. You won’t receive refunds if you cancel your subscription after a 30-day return period.
Suppose you sign up for a membership for more than a month. In that case, you must pay for the remaining months until your commitment period ends if you cancel your membership.
Can you use Whoop without a membership?
No. You cannot use Whoop without a membership. You must purchase a membership to use the Whoop device to track your health. However, you can use Whoop for free for 30 days, known as a trial period.
Whoop Membership Plan and Price
Whoop offers three membership plans.
- 24 Month Membership
Can I resume My Whoop membership after canceling?
Yes. You can resume your Whoop membership after you have frozen or canceled it.
For this, you need to visit the membership section of Whoop’s Website and reactivate your membership. Once you do so, you can see your previous data.
Can you cancel Whoop before 6 months?
Yes. You can cancel your Whoop membership before 6 months. But you should note that you must pay your full commitment period fee if you cancel before 6 months.
Hence, it would be best if you cancel your Whoop membership within the 30-day return period to get a refund of your subscription fees.
Pros and Cons of using Whoop
Whoop is a useful device. But it has its advantages and disadvantages.
Below, we have discussed both.
Pros of using Whoop:
Here are the pros
- Detailed data: Whoop provides comprehensive data about your sleep quality, heart rate, strain, recovery, and sleep stages, helping you understand your body better.
- 24*7 heart rate monitoring: Whoop keeps track of your heart and respiratory rates comprehensively, allowing you to have good respiratory health.
- Advanced sleep tracking: Whoop provides advanced features to track your sleep, helping you to determine and cure sleep-related disorders.
- Comfortable and user-friendly: The Whoop device is comfortable to wear with its lightweight straps.
Cons of Whoop Membership
While there are several advantages, Whoop also has some disadvantages.
Lacks step counts: Whoop does not track your steps. So, Whoop may not help you if you are someone who wants to check their physical activity.
Lack of screen display: Whoop does not have a screen display. This may be unpleasant sometimes, as you cannot always open the Whoop app or Website and log in to check your activity while performing any specific activity.
The charger is not waterproof: The Whoop charger is not waterproof. This means you must remove your Whoop device when you perform water-based activities or sports. This is also true for individuals who sweat a lot during the workouts.
Here is a table for better understanding.
|Pros of Using Whoop
|Cons of Whoop Membership
|Comprehensive data on sleep, heart rate, strain, recovery, and sleep stages.
It does not track steps, which may be a drawback for those monitoring physical
|Tracks heart and respiratory rates continuously 24/7
Using the Whoop app or Website to check data can be inconvenient.
|Helps in identifying and addressing sleep-related disorders.
Not suitable for water-based activities or excessive sweating.
|Lightweight and comfortable straps.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
Can I cancel my Whoop membership Anytime?
If you’re not satisfied, you can cancel your Whoop membership anytime. However, You will get a refund of your subscription fees if you cancel before the end of the 30-day return window.
If you cancel after 30 days of your purchase, you must pay your full membership fee until your membership ends, even if you cancel it.
Can I use the Whoop device without a membership?
No. You cannot use Whoop without membership. You must purchase a membership to be able to use Whoop. However, you can use a Whoop membership without paying for 30 days.
How much does a Whoop device cost?
Whoop subscription costs you $360 yearly at $30 monthly. It would cost you $300 for one year if you pay upfront and $480 for two years at $240 yearly or $20 monthly. The Whoop device in the back strap is included with the subscription fees. If you want different color straps, you must pay an additional $49-$99.
Does the Whoop device have a GPS?
No. The Whoop strap does not have GPS.
Can I pause Whoop Membership?
Yes. You can pause your membership for three months every 12 months instead of canceling. You can resume your membership whenever you wish.
Whoop membership is a good way to monitor your health parameters such as sleep, heart rate, breathing rate, etc, and know about your body. However, it has some disadvantages besides being expensive.
So, whether or not Whoop benefits you entirely depends on your needs and budget. If you are an athlete or fitness enthusiast wanting detailed data to improve your training, Whoop may be a good option.
But, if you have a tight pocket, you can look for a more simple and affordable tracker available in the market that best fits your needs and budget.
Subscribe to Email Updates :