It must be annoying for you when you sit to watch your favorite show, but you come to know that your Insignia Smart TV Remote is no longer working. So, you must be looking for a solution to fix the issue as soon as possible to make sure you get all your favorite shows.
Here in this article, we have shared some solutions that you can use to fix the Insignia TV remote not working and also the primary reasons behind the issues. So, let’s delve further to discover more about it.
- 1 Why is the Insignia TV remote not working?
- 1.1 How to Fix Insignia Smart TV Remote Not Working- Steps to fix
- 1.2 How to fix Insignia TV Remote Sensor
- 1.3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.3.1 How to fix the Insignia Fire TV remote not working?
- 1.3.2 What to do if the Insignia TV remote sensor is not working?
- 1.3.3 How to use Insignia Fire TV without a remote?
- 1.3.4 What to do when the Insignia volume control is not working?
- 1.3.5 Can you control the Insignia TV without a remote?
- 1.3.6 How to pair the Insignia Fire TV remote?
- 1.4 Conclusion
Why is the Insignia TV remote not working?
There can be many reasons why your Insignia TV remote need to be fixed. So, in this section, we will look at the reason behind it.
- If your Insignia TV remote is broken or you last changed the batteries a long time ago, then you need to replace both. i.e., batteries as well as remote.
- Another reason behind your Insignia TV remote not working can be the possibility of a poor signal connection between your TV and the remote. Check whether your remote is paired with your TV or not.
- Your remote might have been debunked to heat or water that damaged the electronics inside.
- Your remote won’t work if your remote sensor button is dirty and has dirt particles on it.
How to Fix Insignia Smart TV Remote Not Working- Steps to fix
In the above section, we saw some reason that was causing problems with the Insignia Smart TV Remote. If you are an Insignia Smart TV user, you must look for solutions to fix your remote problem. So, in this section, we have shared some solutions that you can use to fix the issue.
- Change the batteries on the remote.
- Re-mend the Insignia remote.
- Power cycle the remote.
- Readjust the remote.
- Check for impediments.
- Use a third-party remote.
- Factory reset your Insignia Smart TV.
- Contact customer care.
Now, we will look at all the points in detail.
Replace the batteries on the remote
The first thing you can do is replace the batteries of the remote. Your remote won’t work if your remote battery is not charged or it has been exposed to water. It is a very effective and simple step. Buy a new remote if this doesn’t work.
Re-mend the Insignia Remote
Try to re-mend your remote with Insignia TV. There are three ways that you can use to re-mend the Insignia remote.
- Press and hold the Pair button for a second to reconnect your Insignia remote to your button. You will get the option of a Pair button just beneath the batteries.
- Press and hold the Home button for 30 seconds on the Insignia remote.
- Press and hold the Back button, Left Navigation, and Menu button for about 30 seconds, and your remote will connect to your TV.
Reset the remote
Resetting your remote can help to fix the issue. Below are the steps that you need to follow to reset the remote.
- Remove the batteries from your remote.
- Hold for 2 to 3 minutes and put the batteries back into the remote.
- Now, operate it whether it is working properly or not.
Check for impediments.
Check if there is any object between your TV and the remote. The signal from your remote should directly reach your TV.
Use a third-party remote
You can use a third-party remote if your original remote is not working. Universal Insignia remote is an alternative to it and is used to operate the TV. Follow the steps mentioned below to use the universal Insignia remote.
- Turn on your Insignia TV with the help of the Insignia universal remote.
- Press the Insignia TV button three times till a LED light gets on.
- Shift your remote to your TV and tap to change your favorite channel.
- Now, you can see the signal coming on and off and click the up and down button to turn off the device.
- Hold the Insignia TV button to save the code for later, and the LED will blink for confirmation.
- You are done! Now, you are ready to use your universal remote to operate the TV.
Factory Reset your Insignia TV
You can factory reset your Insignia TV to its default settings if none of the solutions is working. The most important thing to remember is once you factory reset the TV, all your data and user settings will get removed, and you won’t be able to restore it.
See the mentioned step given below to factory reset your Insignia TV.
- Head over to the Settings menu from the home screen of your Insignia TV.
- Now, opt for the option System.
- Select the Reset to Factory Defaults, and your TV will get reset.
Contact the Customer Support
The easiest way to solve your issues is to contact customer care support. You can contact Insignia customer support and tell them all the problems you are facing. You can support them via customer support’s official website and can also send your remote for replacement or repair if needed.
Also, Read | Top 5 best capture cards for Nintendo Switch
How to fix Insignia TV Remote Sensor
Besides the steps mentioned above, you can also try some technical methods to fix Insignia TV remote sensor issues. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Power cycle the Insignia TV.
- Wipe and remove all the dust from the sensor of your Insignia TV.
Power Cycle the Insignia TV
Your problems can be fixed when you power cycle your Insignia TV. You need to do this to power cycle the Insignia TV.
- Firstly unplug your TV from the power board.
- Press the power button for a minute.
- After holding the power button, now check the remote with your Insignia TV.
Wipe out the dust from your Insignia TV
Remember to wipe out the dust from the sensor of your TV. Do it once in two weeks, so your TV gets the signal properly and directly from the remote. Clean and try to connect your remote to your TV.
Also, Read –
Frequently Asked Questions
How to fix the Insignia Fire TV remote not working?
To fix the Insignia Fire TV, replace the old batteries with the new ones and reset the remote.
What to do if the Insignia TV remote sensor is not working?
If your TV sensor remote is not working, then clean the sensor on the Insignia TV and try it again.
How to use Insignia Fire TV without a remote?
Download the Insignia Fire app to use Insignia Fire TV without a remote. It is available to download on Google Play and App Store.
What to do when the Insignia volume control is not working?
Look over your TV settings, reset your TV and remote, and replace the battery on the remote if your Insignia volume control is not working.
Can you control the Insignia TV without a remote?
Yes, you can easily control the Insignia TV without a remote with the help of the buttons on the TV.
How to pair the Insignia Fire TV remote?
Go to the settings, select controllers and Bluetooth devices, and then plump for Amazon Fire TV remotes and, at last, hold the home button for at least 10 seconds to pair your Insignia Fire TV remote.
There you have it! These steps you can use to fix your Insignia TV remote issues, and will undoubtedly help you fix your problems. Replace your remote with the new one if it is physically damaged.
You can easily use these steps to fix Insignia Roku TV and Fire TV remote issues. Besides, you can use the free app to control your TV, and it is available to download on Google Play and App Store.
Subscribe to Email Updates :