Kevin Owen McCarthy is an American politician, serving as House Minority Leader in the United States House of Representatives since 2019. A member of the Republican Party, he served as House Majority Leader under speakers John Boehner and Paul Ryan from 2014 to 2019. He was the U.S. representative for California’s 22nd congressional district from 2007 to 2013. He also served in the 23rd district since 2013 after redistricting.
Kevin McCarthy’s #Commitment to America
In a tweet dated December 20th, McCarthy chalks out the ‘Republican plan’ that will serve as the directive principles of state policy when Republicans are back in the majority.
The tweet reads:-
“The House Republican plan when we’re back in the majority:
- Rein in the IRS
- Fund the police
- Secure the border
- Put American energy first
- Stop the runaway spending
- Pass a Parents Bill of Rights
This is part of our #CommitmentToAmerica.”
The tweet also has a short clip attached to it in which McCarthy further explains his #commitment to America scheme in conversation with Newsmax.
You can watch the video here!
McCarthy to launch investigations into Biden administration
His #Commitment to America plan seems to be the baseline on which McCarthy plans to launch at least seven investigations into Democrat President Joe Biden’s administration if Republicans win back control of the House of Representatives in 2022, which is expected.
“McCarthy plans to beef up staff, counsel, and other resources to be ready to extract information beginning Day 1 if the GOP gets the gavel,” Axios reported on Sunday, noting that McCarthy’s office already has several investigations planned.
The investigations at the top of McCarthy’s list, according to Axios, include:
- IRS: Leak a “vast cache of IRS information” about billionaires to ProPublica.
- Last summer, National Security Agency: Tucker Carlson accused the spy agency of targeting his show’s communications. The NSA said he was never an “intelligence target.”
- Parents: Attorney General Merrick Garland’s vow to mobilize the FBI against “threats of violence against school board members” after the National School Boards Association used the phrase “domestic terrorism.” The association apologized for its letter.
- Border: Record levels of illegal immigration.
- COVID: Origins of the virus and CDC communications about school closures and mask mandates.
- Afghanistan: Decisions behind the withdrawal and accounting of Americans who remain stranded.
- JEDI: A disputed cloud-computing contract.
McCarthy previously called for a probe into Biden’s handling of the Afghanistan issue.
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy calls for a congressional probe into the Biden administration’s botched handling of withdrawing troops from Afghanistan, which has led to the Taliban’s nearly complete takeover of Afghanistan, a leadership aide confirmed to The Post on August 12th.
Punchbowl News first reported that McCarthy was pushing for an investigation into how the intelligence information provided to the administration led to President Biden’s decision to rapidly bring home troops after roughly 20 years of military presence and training Afghan soldiers.
Insurgents managed to capture significant cities in a matter of days after the troop withdrawal. This lead to bipartisan criticism of the administration’s approach to the exit.
“How does the rest of the world look at us?” McCarthy told Punchbowl. “They like that the president doesn’t tweet, but they don’t think America is very tough.”
One of former President Donald Trump’s most vocal supporters in the House, McCarthy largely remained quiet when Trump called for troops to be brought home from Afghanistan. The former administration push for a meeting with the Taliban at Camp David.
Subscribe to Email Updates :