Lachlan Murdoch is a well-known businessman. He is the chief executive of Nova Entertainment, co-chairman of News Corp, executive chairman and CEO of Fox...
Biographical Data, Lachlan Murdoch
|Age||51 Years Old|
|Kids||Kalan Alexander, Aerin Elisabeth, Aidan Patrick|
Facts About Lachlan Murdoch
- He is the eldest son of Australian-American media mogul Rupert Murdoch.
- He began his career at News Corporation in 1995.
- He has held several senior positions at News Corporation, including deputy chief executive, chairman, chief executive officer, and chief operating officer.
- He resigned from News Corporation in 2011 but returned in 2014.
- He is the executive chairman of Fox Corporation, co-chairman of News Corp, and executive chairman and CEO of Fox Corporation.
- He is a member of the board of directors of several companies, including News Corp, Fox Corporation, and the Museum of Contemporary Art Sydney.
- Murdoch has been praised for his business acumen and his commitment to journalism. He has also been criticized for his close ties to the Republican Party and support for conservative causes.
Relevant People & Companies
Latest News About Lachlan Murdoch
This article covers detailed information about Lachlan Murdoch net worth along with other essential information about his earnings, biography, business, and...
Lachlan Murdoch Networth
Recent estimates suggest that Lachlan Murdoch’s net worth is approximately $2.7 billion. His billionaire status was solidified in 2019 when Disney acquired Fox from its parent company, News Corp, in a deal worth $71 billion. The significant accumulation of wealth for Lachlan Murdoch can be attributed primarily to his successful business career and accomplishments as a prominent figure in the mass media industry.
Lachlan Murdoch Biography
Lachlan Keith Murdoch, a British-American businessman and media executive, was born on September 8, 1971. He currently holds several key positions, serving as the executive chairman of Fox Corporation, co-chairman of News Corp, executive chairman and CEO of Fox Corporation, and founder of the Australian investment company Illyria Pty Ltd.
Born in London, England, Murdoch is the eldest son of Australian-American media mogul Rupert Murdoch and his first wife, Anna Maria Torv. He was raised in New York City and received his education from Aspen Country Day School, Trinity School, and Phillips Academy. Murdoch graduated from Princeton University in 1994 with a degree in politics.
Murdoch’s career commenced in 1995 at News Corporation, where he initially worked within Australian operations. In 1997, he was appointed deputy chief executive of News Limited, subsequently assuming the roles of chairman and chief executive officer in 1999. In 2000, Murdoch took the position of chief operating officer at News Corporation.
2011 Murdoch temporarily resigned from his roles at News Corporation following a dispute with his father. However, he returned to the company in 2014 and was subsequently named co-chairman of News Corp and executive chairman of 21st Century Fox in 2017. With the spin-off of 21st Century Fox’s entertainment assets, Murdoch was appointed executive chairman and CEO of Fox Corporation in 2019.
Murdoch is married to Sarah O’Hare, a former model and television presenter, and they have two sons named Kalan and Aidan.
Beyond his executive responsibilities, Murdoch serves on the board of directors for various companies, including News Corp, Fox Corporation, and the Museum of Contemporary Art Sydney. He also acts as a trustee for the Murdoch Children Research Institute and the Australian War Memorial.
Murdoch has garnered recognition for his business acumen and his dedication to journalism. However, his close association with the Republican Party and support for conservative causes have also attracted criticism.