John Pete Ricketts is an American businessman and politician of the Republican party. He is currently serving as the 40th Governor of Nebraska and has held...
Biographical Data, Pete Ricketts
|Age||58 Years Old|
Facts About Pete Ricketts
- Pete Ricketts is an American politician and businessman.
- Ricketts is the son of Joe Ricketts, the founder of TD Ameritrade.
- He later obtained an MBA with a focus on marketing and finance from the University of Chicago in 1991.
- Ricketts worked for his father's company, TD Ameritrade, in various positions, including vice president of marketing, president, and CEO.
- In 2006, he ran for the United States Senate but failed to defeat incumbent Ben Nelson.
- In 2014, Ricketts ran for governor of Nebraska and won the general election against Chuck Hassebrook.
- He served as the 40th governor of Nebraska from 2015 to 2023.
- Ricketts signed a bill into law that legalized medical marijuana in Nebraska.
- In 2022, he was appointed to the United States Senate by Governor Jim Pillen to fill the vacancy left by Ben Sasse, who resigned to become president of the University of Nebraska.
- Ricketts won a special election to the United States Senate in 2023, securing his position as the junior senator from Nebraska.
- Ricketts is a strong supporter of former President Donald Trump and his policies.
Relevant People & Companies
Latest News About Pete Ricketts
Pete Ricketts Networth
Pete Ricketts’s net worth is estimated to be between $50 million and $100 million. He is the son of Joe Ricketts, the founder of TD Ameritrade, and has inherited a significant portion of his father’s wealth. Ricketts also has his own business interests, including a cattle ranch and a real estate development company.
Pete Ricketts Biography
Pete Ricketts is an accomplished American politician and businessman currently serving as Nebraska’s junior United States Senator, assuming office in 2023. Prior to his senatorial role, Ricketts held the position of the 40th governor of Nebraska from 2015 to 2023. He is a dedicated member of the Republican Party, advocating for conservative values and policies.
Born in Nebraska City, Nebraska, on 19 August 1964, Ricketts is the son of Joe Ricketts, the renowned founder of TD Ameritrade. He completed his secondary education at Westside High School in Omaha, Nebraska. Ricketts then pursued higher education at the University of Chicago, earning a bachelor’s in biology in 1986. Continuing his academic journey, he obtained an MBA in marketing and finance in 1991.
Following his studies, Ricketts joined his father’s company, TD Ameritrade, where he assumed various roles of increasing responsibility. He served as the vice president of marketing and later held the prestigious positions of president and CEO. In 2006, Ricketts leaped into the political arena, running for the United States Senate. Although unsuccessful in his bid, he faced incumbent Ben Nelson in the election.
In 2014, Ricketts sought the governorship of Nebraska, competing against Democratic nominee Chuck Hassebrook. Emerging victorious in the general election, he assumed the role of governor. Ricketts prioritized initiatives such as tax reduction, government spending cuts, and educational enhancements throughout his tenure. Notably, he signed legislation legalizing medical marijuana in Nebraska, reflecting his commitment to addressing healthcare needs.
In 2022, Ricketts was appointed to the United States Senate by Governor Jim Pillen, filling the vacancy left by the resignation of Ben Sasse, who assumed the presidency of the University of Nebraska. Ricketts subsequently won a special election, securing his position in the Senate in 2023.
As a conservative Republican, Ricketts aligns himself with the principles of limited government intervention and lower taxes. He is a strong supporter of former President Donald Trump and his policies. Ricketts’s dedication to fiscal conservatism underscores his commitment to responsible economic practices.