This article covers a detailed guide on Tempo Wireless free Government phones, eligibility criteria for the program, required documents, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
Tempo Wireless Lifeline Free Government Phones Program
Tempo Wireless is a cellular company that provides free cell phone services and 50% off on phones to those eligible for Lifeline program.
Lifeline Assistance is a federal government program that provides discounted or free phone and internet services to eligible low-income households.
If you are eligible for the Tempo wireless Lifeline program, you will receive these perks –
- 4.5 GB of mobile data
- Unlimited talk
- Unlimited Text
- 50% off on new cell phones available on Tempo Wireless’s official website
- Pay-as-you-go plans
However, these perks can vary depending on the state. If you are located in South Carolina, you will not receive all these services. You will, instead, receive 900 minutes which you can use for text, talk, or mobile data.
Besides that, whether you are in South Carolina, Colorado, or any other state, you can still add minutes and data to your current plan with Tempo Wireless top-up plans.
- 250 Minutes Calling
- Cost – $5
- 500 MB Data
- Cost – $10
- 1 GB Data
- Cost – $15
Tempo Wireless offers its services in many states, including Colorado, Lowa, Kentucky, Hawaii, Michigan, Utah, Ohio, Nevada, Maryland, Indiana, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Wyoming, and Wisconsin, among others states.
Ways To Get Tempo Wireless Free Government Phones
There are several ways you can get a Tempo Wireless free Government phone.
- Family or individual income should be at or below 135% of Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Lifeline Assistance Program
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
If enrolled in these programs, you can get a Tempo Wireless free Government phone service.
Eligibility for Tempo Wireless Free Government Phones through Lifeline
To be eligible for a free government phone from Tempo Wireless through the Lifeline program, you must meet certain income eligibility criteria to participate in a qualifying government assistance program.
To be eligible for a free government phone through the Lifeline program based on income, your household income should be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
You can also get eligible for a Tempo Wireless free Government phone through the Lifeline program if you participate in certain government assistance programs, such as Lifeline Assistance program, Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), or Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
To participate, you must be a U.S. citizen and provide documentation for U.S. citizenship, such as a passport, birth certificate, etc.
Procedure To Get Tempo Wireless Free Government Phones
You can follow these steps to get a free Government phone from Tempo Wireless –
- Open your web browser and visit https://mytempo.com/
- Click on Lifeline and select Sign-Up now free.
- Enter your zip code to check coverage availability.
- You will be redirected to the application page if your area is available for Tempo Wireless free Government phone services.
- During the application, you will be asked to submit your name in full, email address, place of residence, date of birth, and last 4 digits of your SSN, among other details.
- After filling out the application carefully, click the Validate button.
- Now attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents and click the Submit button.
Now that you have submitted your application, the Tempo Wireless team will review your application and respond to you within a couple of days.
Documents to get Tempo Wireless Free Government Phones Services
To get Tempo Wireless free phone services, you must provide certain documents to prove your eligibility and identity.
Here are the documents that are required –
Documents showing your participation in any Government Assistance Program
To prove you participated in a Government Assistance Program such as Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), or Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit., you may need to provide the following documents –
- Approval letter
- State of benefits
- Benefit card
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
Income-based Eligibility Documents
You must provide these documents to prove your income is at or below 135% of Federal Poverty Guidelines –
- Divorce decree
- Current income statement from your employer
- Child support award
- Paycheck stub
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Veterans Administration Statement of Benefits
You must provide personal documents for Tempo Wireless free Government phones to prove your U.S. citizenship and the information you filled out during the application process.
Here is the list of personal documents you can provide –
- Birth certificate
- Permanent resident card or Green card
- Certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization
- Valid government-issued, state, military or Tribal ID
- U.S driver’s license
- Tax or W-2 return document(recent copies)
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Utility bill
Activation Procedure Tempo Wireless Free Government Phones
Activating your Tempo Wireless free government phone is simple. All you need to do is to contact this carrier’s customer support at (833) 998-3676.
Remember that Tempo doesn’t let you decide on the telephone number, so you must accept the number assigned to you during the device activation process.
Tempo Wireless Free Phones Offer
Only one phone is available on their official website through the Lifeline program – Blu C5L Smartphone but the company doesn’t provide this phone for free. You can get this phone at a 50% discount through the Lifeline program.
Blu C5L Smartphone has some amazing features which are good for a smartphone for day-to-day use –
- 5.0-inch curved glass display and runs on Android 9 Pie (Go Edition)
- 2000 mAh battery
- 5MP back camera with LED flash feature and 2MP front camera
- 6GB ROM and 1GB RAM
- It supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities
Is Tempo Wireless a Lifeline service provider?
Yes, Tempo Wireless is a Lifeline service provider and offers discounted and free phone services to eligible consumers.
Can I add additional data or minutes to my plan?
Yes, you can add additional data or minutes to your plan for an additional fee.
What is the coverage area for Tempo Wireless?
The coverage area for Tempo Wireless depends on the network they use in your area, but they usually offer nationwide coverage. To check the coverage, you can visit https://mytempo.com/mytempo-coverage/ and enter your ZIP code.
Does Tempo Wireless provide free Government phones through Government Assistance Program?
No. Tempo Wireless doesn’t provide free Government phones through Government Assistance Program. Instead, it provides a 50% discount on device purchases to Lifeline participants.
What is the customer service number for Tempo Wireless?
The customer service number for Tempo Wireless is (833) 998-3676.
Subscribe to Email Updates :