Even though most Total Wireless phones are unlocked by default, you can easily unlock them if yours isn’t.
This article covers detailed information about the Total Wireless phone unlocking process, some other information, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
Are Total Wireless Phones Unlocked?
There is no straight answer to this question. Some Total Wireless phones come pre-unlocked, while others can be unlocked after a specific time.
What is unlocking a phone?
Your phone can be used with any carrier worldwide once it has been unlocked. This is a fantastic alternative if you want to change carriers or travel abroad. Additionally, it raises your phone’s resale value.
Can unlocking affect my phone?
Unlocking your phone doesn’t change the hardware or software of your phone in any way. Instead, it just unlocks the network restrictions and allows you to use any network of your choice.
Why should one consider unlocking their Total Wireless phone?
There can be several reasons you should consider unlocking your Total Wireless phone, which are –
- If you frequently visit other countries, consider unlocking your phone to reduce roaming expenses. You can select any other local carrier, purchase a package, and begin using their networks.
- Unlocked phones may be purchased more readily and for a greater price on the used phone market, making them a good option if you want to switch devices while also making some cash.
- Get more flexibility with your phone. In general, unlocked phones provide you with more freedom because you can use them with any carrier you choose. You can also benefit from early phone updates and fewer carrier bloatware applications.
Requirements to get your Total Wireless Phones Unlocked
You must meet a number of conditions to have your phone unlocked.
These are –
- Your phone should not be suspected of fraud or be on a blacklist.
- Before considering leaving your current carrier and transferring to a new one, you must use the phone service for around a year.
- You must have paid all your phone bills in full, with no outstanding balances.
How to Unlock a Total Wireless Phone?
First of all, you need to check whether your phone is unlocked or not. For this, you can follow these simple steps –
- Put your phone off.
- Remove the current SIM Card.
- Insert the new SIM Card.
- Turn on the phone.
- Try calling using the new SIM.
The connection of the call indicates that your phone is already unlocked.
If it isn’t unlocked, you can follow the below-shared methods to unlock the Total Wireless phone –
Call The Total Wireless Department
Asking the company’s business assurance division is the quickest approach to unlocking your Total Wireless phone. If your phone complies with the specifications listed in the section above, they don’t cause you too much trouble.
- Call 1-888-442-5102 to contact Total Wireless.
- The department will request your IMEI number.
- They will further ask you about your identity verification.
- They ask for a few days to validate your request regarding the phone.
Once everything is verified, your phone will be unlocked.
Pay An Urgency Fee
You can unlock your phone even if the required 365 days have not passed since you activated your phone.
However, if you choose this option, you will need to pay a charge.
The unlock code will only be issued upon request and payment of a fee under the new policy after you have used the service for at least 60 days.
Use Software From The Market
There is a tonne of software that can unlock your device for a cost available online. They promise to unlock your phone.
Some of this software works, while the others are only exaggerated claims made by a business hoping to extort small sums of money from you.
This method is a little hazardous and implausible because it is difficult to tell whether one is authentic. Before using any such software, perform extensive investigation, but do not anticipate 100% legitimate service from them.
Subscribe to Email Updates :