Everyone wants to know more about biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy Wife and his personal life, such as his Biography, political views, etc. since he announced that he will run as a Republican party presidential candidate in the 2024 election.
This article will provide you with all the information about American businessman Vivek Ramaswamy and his personal life.
So, without further ado, let’s get started
Who Is Vivek Ramaswamy’s Wife, Apoorva Tewari?
|Occupation||Assistant professor at Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center since 2021|
|D.O.B and Age||1989 (34 years old)|
|Children||2 sons Karthik and Arjun|
Vivek Ramaswamy’s wife is Apoorva Ramaswamy Tewari. She is an American physician by profession and is a Laryngologist specialist.
Apoorva is an Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Department assistant professor at Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
Although her date of birth is unknown, Apoorva was born in 1989 and is 34 years old. Apoorva Tewari’s mother is Mamata Tewari, she is a homemaker, and her father, Dr. Ashutosh Tiwari, is MD at Milton and Carroll Petrie Chair of the Department of Urology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Vivek Ramaswamy’s Wife, Apoorva Tewari, studied for a Bachelor of Science in Biology at Yale University from 2007 to 2011. Then, she enrolled at Yale University School of Medicine to study Doctor of Medicine (M.D) in 2011 and earned her postgraduate degree in 2015.
After her education, Apoorva worked as a Physician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital for 5 years until 2020. She also did a fellowship in Laryngology and Swallowing Disorders at the University of Pennsylvania from 2017- 2019.
In August 2021, Apoorva became an Assistant Professor at the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, specializing in swallowing and voice disorders in patients undergoing cancer surgeries.
Her key specialization ranges from head and neck cancer to reflux to several neurodegenerative disorders.
Vivek Ramaswamy’s wife, Apoorva, has a successful career in medicine. She is a medical advisory board member of the National Foundation of Swallow Disorders and serves on multiple Dysphagia Research Society committees.
Apoorva wrote on the Ohio State University website, “I am passionate about helping my patients with these problems using surgical and medical methods to optimize their quality of life.”
Vivek Ramaswamy and his wife, Apoorva Tewari, tied the knot on May 31, 2015. According to our research, the couple met for the first time during their graduation at Yale University.
In 2023, the couple celebrated 8 years together by Vivek sharing several pictures of his wife on social media platforms on their marriage anniversary.
Vivek and Apoorava have two sons together. They are Karthik and Arjun.
Vivek Ramaswamy Biography
|Net worth 2023||$630 Million|
Vivek Ramaswamy is an American Entrepreneur and a Republican runner for the 2024 presidential election. He was born on August 9, 1985, in Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S. His family is Tamil Brahmins from Kerala, India, and his parents are Indian Hindu immigrants.
His father, V.G. Ramaswamy, is an alumnus of India’s most renowned engineering institutes, the National Institute of Technology, Calicut, and has worked as an engineer in the American multinational General Electric (GE) Company. His mother, Geetha Ramaswamy, is a retired geriatric psychiatrist.
Vivek Ramaswamy married his wife, Apoorva Tewari, on May 31, 2015, and the couple have 2 sons, Karthik and Arjun.
Vivek attended government schools for his primary education and then went to St.Xavier High School in Cincinnati. He completed his schooling in 2003.
Later, Vivek obtained his Bachelor of Arts, Summa- cum-laude in Biology from Harvard College in 2007. In 2013, he obtained a Juris Doctorate from Yale Law School.
Vivek worked as an investment partner at a hedge fund, QVT Financial, from 2007 to 2014
In 2014, he established a biotechnology company, Roivant Sciences. In 2015, Vivek invested $360 million to establish Roivant subsidiary Axovant Sciences to manufacture intepirdine as a drug for Alzheimer’s disease.
However, in September 2017, integrin failed to pass through a large clinical trial and could not be marketed. He tried reinventing Axovant as a gene therapy firm, but it dissolved in 2023.
In January 2021, Vivek resigned as Roivant Sciences CEO and became an executive chairman at the firm. He co-founded Strive Asset Management, a Columbas, Ohio-based asset management firm, in 2022.
On February 21, 2023, Vivek announced his candidacy for the 2024 Presidential election on Tucker Carlson Tonight. In the same month, he stepped down as Roivant Sciences chair to dedicate his time to his presidential campaign. With a 7.17% stake, he is the sixth-largest shareholder of Roivant.
Vivek Ramaswamy Religion, Nationality
Regarding his religion, Vivek has many times indicated his belief in the Hindu religion. His Hindu faith has become the central idea of his presidential campaign.
He has been seen talking about Bible stories and sharing the messages of Hinduism’s most sacred book, the Bhagavad Gita. He says the Bible and the Bhagavad Gita have many similar teachings.
As far as his nationality is concerned, since Vivek was born in the United States, he holds American nationality. Vivek Ramaswamy Wife, Apoorva Tewari, is also of Hindu religion and holds American nationality.
Vivek Ramaswamy Political Views
Ramaswamy, 37, has successfully gained huge support from conservative Christians. In many polls, he occupies the third position for the 2024 Republican nomination after former President Donald Trump and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
He is one of the six candidates who have managed to qualify for the first GOP presidential debate on August 23, 2023.
Vivek Ramaswamy has shared some core beliefs as part of his campaign. He has supported Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni for their divisive populist policies.
Here are the key highlights of Vivek Ramaswamy’s political views.
- Vivek supports capitalism and meritocracy and opposes affirmative action, mask mandates, and open borders.
- Vivek is anti-abortion and opposes a federal abortion ban. He supports state-level six-week abortion bans, except for rape, incest, and threat to a woman’s life.
- Vivek backs expanding presidential power to a remarkable degree and favors repealing the Department of Education, FBI, and IRS. He believes that the President can abolish these agencies by executive order. But in reality, as per the U.S. Constitution, Congress has the power to do so.
- Vivek has vowed to fire at least half of the federal workforce and dismantle federal civil service protection to turn federal jobs into at-will jobs.
- Vivek has proposed an 8-year term for all government employees and to repeal the executive order by President Kennedy authorizing federal employees a right to collective bargaining.
- Vivek wants to abolish the federal law requiring Presidents to spend all the money Congress appropriates.
- Vivek supports raising the voting age to 25. He has asserted he would allow citizens between 18-24 to vote only if they are military employees, work as first responders, or pass a civics test.
- Vivek favors major concessions to Russia in the Russia-Ukriane war and supports ending U.S. Military aid to Ukraine, not giving NATO membership to Ukraine, and allowing Russia to occupy regions of Ukraine in exchange for an agreement that Russia end its alliance with China.
- Vivek believes global climate change is ‘not entirely bad’ and has asserted that ‘people should be proud to live a high-carbon lifestyle.’
- Vivek admits that burning fossil fuels causes climate change but simultaneously claims that using more fossil fuels would grow the economy and help pay for tech-advanced climate change mitigation strategies. He opposes subsidies for electric vehicles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Vivek Ramaswamy wife, Apoorva Tewari?
Vivek Ramaswamy’s wife, Apoorva Tewari, is an American physician, Laryngologist specialist, and an assistant professor at Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
Does Vivek Ramaswamy have a brother?
Yes. Vivek Ramaswamy has one brother, Shankar Ramaswami.
Does Vivek Ramaswamy have kids?
Yes. Vivek has two kids with his wife, Apoorva Ramaswamy Tewari. They are Karthik and Arjun.
How old is Vivek Ramaswamy’s wife?
Apoorva Ramaswamy Tewari is 34 years old.
How old is Vivek Ramaswamy?
Vivek Ramaswamy is 37.
Subscribe to Email Updates :