Do you want to get AT&T Internet with SNAP benefits? If yes, you have stumbled upon the perfect page.
AT&T is the America’s largest telecommunication wireless service provider based in downtown Dallas, Texas. The company offers phone services and top-quality phones to its customers.
The company also provides discounted Internet to SNAP qualified people to help them afford Internet and access technology.
Whether or not you are a SNAP beneficiary, please read our guide to learn about AT&T Internet with SNAP benefits.
In this article, we will provide details on how you can get discounted Internet from the country’s top provider if you receive other government program assistance.
So, without further ado, let’s begin.
What Is AT&T’s SNAP Internet Program?
AT&T offers many plans to serve its customers with the best services. But you are at an extra advantage if you receive benefits from SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) or food stamps.
AT&T has brought a new plan, called Access from AT&T, that offers discounted internet services to low-income people receiving SNAP benefits.
Since you can qualify for Access from the AT&T plan by being a SNAP beneficiary, the program is known as the ‘AT&T SNAP Internet Program.’
The Access from AT&T plan offers high-speed intent of up to 100 Mbps at $30 monthly. If you need lower-speed Internet, the plan allows you to enroll for a $5 monthly plan that provides up to 3 Mbps. The AT&T Internet with SNAP comes with various benefits or deals.
You must participate in the ACP program to qualify for Access from the AT&T plan. You can also qualify for this plan if
- your income is below 200% of the federal poverty guideline
- you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program like SNAP.
If you are approved for the ACP, you can enjoy Access from AT&T for free after a $30 discount.
AT&T Affordable Connectivity Program Internet 2023
You can qualify for the AT&T Internet with SNAP benefits Program if you receive ACP benefits.
ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) is a federal government assistance program established by the Federal Communication Commission to provide affordable internet to low-income households.
- It provides a $30 internet discount to eligible non-tribal people and a $75 monthly internet discount to tribal land people.
- A one-time discount of $100 to purchase a Tablet or any Internet-using devices such as laptops or desktop computers.
AT&T also participates in the ACP program to offer low-income people a $30 and $75 monthly discount on their internet bills. The AT&T ACP benefits are available for those individuals or households that fulfill the eligibility criteria.
You can qualify for the ACP if you meet one of the below conditions.
Your annual household income stands at or below 200 % of the federal poverty guidelines.
Government Assistance Program Based
You or any other family member participates in any eligible government service program listed below.
- Lifeline Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Food Stamps
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Head Start (only families meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Poor Families
- Temporary Assitance Program for Needy Families
If eligible, you can apply for the AT&T ACP benefits through the National Verifier by following the below steps.
- Visit “https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply/”
- Click on the “Apply now” icon.
- Fill out the application form with your correct details.
- Wait for the National Verifier’s approval.
- Once approved, reach out to AT&T to sign up for ACP benefits.
- The provider will then apply your ACP benefits to your selected plan.
AT&T Lifeline Program
AT&T also participates in the Lifeline program to offer discounted internet services to low-income people.
Lifeline assistance is another federal assistance program initiated by the FCC in 1985. The program provides monthly internet discounts to eligible low-income households.
Through AT&T Lifeline, you can get a monthly discount of $5.25 on your phone bill and an internet discount of up to $ 9.25. This discount is up to $25 for Tribal land-qualified people.
You can qualify for the AT&T Lifeline program if you meet any of these eligibility criteria.
- Your annual household income stands at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- If you or any household member participates in any program mentioned in the above section for the ACP.
If eligible, you can apply for the AT&T Lifeline program based on your state of residence at “https://www.att.com/wirelesslifeline/.”
How To Get Free Internet With AT&T
AT&T participated in various government assistance programs that offered free or discounted Internet services to low-income people.
You can get AT&T free Internet for low-income by participating and qualifying for these programs. Two such programs are AT&T ACP and AT&T Lifeline program.
Additionally, if you qualify for their ACP program, you can apply for the AT&T SNAP Internet benefits.
The steps to get free Internet with AT&T include the following.
- Check whether AT&T offers ACP and Lifeline services in your state of residence.
- If it does, please check your eligibility to apply for these programs.
- If eligible, apply for the AT&T ACP or Lifeline program.
- Wait for the approval.
- If approved, get in touch with AT&T to get the benefits of ACP or Lifeline.
How Can I Qualify For AT&T SNAP Benefits?
You must be eligible to get low-cost Internet from AT&T through its new program. You can qualify for AT&T Internet with SNAP benefits if you meet the below eligibility requirements.
- You must be a resident of one of the 21 States where AT&T offers wired home Internet service.
- You are eligible for Access from the AT&T Internet program if any family member receives benefits of the SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) in the United States.
- You must pay all your AT&T internet service debt from the last six months.
- You are eligible if you qualify for the ACP program.
- Only California residents can qualify for the Access from AT&T program to get discounted Internet for participating in Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Things To Consider About AT&T SNAP Internet Program
As you learn about the AT&T SNAP internet benefits program, you should also learn about some important things to consider about the program to get AT&T internet with SNAP benefits without any complications.
- The program is available per household. This means only a single member of a family can apply for the AT&T SNAP internet program.
- AT&T SNAP Internet Program is available to SNAP qualifying people.
- Only California people qualify for the program.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) can apply for AT&T SNAP Internet programs.
- You are eligible for the program if you receive ACP benefits.
- If you apply for the program as an ACP beneficiary, you must reapply for the ACP every year to continue your service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does AT&T offer Lifeline benefits?
Yes. AT&T participates in the Lifeline program and offers eligible people discounted internet benefits or free government smartphones.
How can I qualify for the AT&T Internet SNAP benefits?
You can qualify for the AT&T Internet with SNAP benefits by qualifying for the federal SNAP or ACP program.
Does AT&T offer free hotspots with unlimited data?
No. AT&T’s unlimited data plan does not include hotspots. So, you can not get a free hotspot through its unlimited plan. However, you can prefer AT&T’s unlimited premium plan , which includes unlimited talk, text, data, and free hotspots.
Can I apply for AT&T ACP if I receive Medicaid?
Yes. Since you already receive benefits from one of the ACP-eligible government programs, you can apply for AT&T ACP.
Does AT&T offer free Internet?
AT&T does not offer free Internet as such. However, it participates in the government assistance program to provide discounted Internet. By applying this discount, with its special plan discount if applicable, the internet amount is free.
Does AT&T offer a free phone?
Although the provider participates in the government assistance program, it does not offer free government phones. However, it offers free phones through promotional deals that may require you to trade in old devices or add a line.
Subscribe to Email Updates :