In this article, we have covered detailed information about free laptops for low income, eligibility criteria, the application process, FAQs, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
- 1 How to get free Laptops for Low Income
- 1.1 How to apply for free laptops for low income from the Government
- 1.2 Documents required for free laptops for low income
- 1.3 What are the basic qualifications for free laptops for low income from the Government?
- 1.4 Free laptop providers for low income families under the ACP
- 1.5 Conclusion
How to get free Laptops for Low Income
These days, having a laptop is necessary for students and workers. However, it’s not possible for everybody to afford a laptop as it’s very expensive, especially for low-income group families. To deal with this, the Government is offering free laptops for low income households through many assistance programs that are designed to help people in need.
However, getting a laptop for free is difficult as there is an application and verification process, and only selected participants will get a free laptop from the programs.
The ACP is a government assistance program introduced by the Federal Government that provides free or discounted laptops and free broadband internet services for low income people who are struggling to afford these services.
How to apply for free laptops for low income from the Government
You can apply for the laptop only if you qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Therefore, if you are eligible for ACP, you can follow these simple steps to apply for free laptops for low income –
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of the Affordable Connectivity Program at https://nv.fcc.gov/.
- Step 2 – Open the application form from the website.
- Step 3 – Provide your personal details like name, address, phone number, and others, and click on the Next button.
- Step 4 – Attach soft copies of your required documents and click on Submit.
- Step 5 – You will be notified if you get selected for the program for the free laptop.
Alternatively, you can apply for free laptops for low income from any local ACP provider.
For this, you have two options –
Apply online –
- For an online application, visit https://nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true and create an account.
- Click on the application option and provide all the required details correctly.
- Now, provide all the soft copies of documentation, and you will get a completion message on your active mobile number.
To apply via mail –
- First, download your application form from https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf and print it out. You will also have to provide your household worksheet.
- Make hard copies of all the required documents and attach them to the application form.
- Now, mail your package to ACP Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
Documents required for free laptops for low income
Here’s the list of the required documents that you need to attach to your application form –
- A valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- Birth Certificate
- Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- U.S. Driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- An official document that verifies your address
- Paycheck stubs
- Current income statement from your employer
- Child support award
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Government assistance program document
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document
What are the basic qualifications for free laptops for low income from the Government?
These are the basic qualifications to get a free laptop from the Government –
Your yearly household income should be below or at 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
You must have all the documents and identity proof to apply for the program.
You can participate directly in the ACP program if you are already a participant in any of these government-provided programs –
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) General Assistance program
- Tribal Head Start (only those households can meet income-qualifying standards)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance Program
- Veterans Survivor and Pensions benefit program
- WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
Free laptop providers for low income families under the ACP
These are the following free laptop providers for low income families under the ACP program –
- PCs for People
- Human I-T
- Computers With Causes
- Everyone On
- Komputers for Kids
Here, we have provided detailed information on how to get free laptops for the low income group. We have provided detailed information about the application process, eligibility criteria, and many more in detail.
If you still have any queries, shoot them in the comment section. Our team will reply ASAP!
Subscribe to Email Updates :