Do you want to know American Businessman and current governor of North Dakota Doug Burgum Net Worth? and How Much is He Worth in 2023? In this article, we will...
Biographical Data, Doug Burgum
|Age||66 Years Old|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Kids||Jesse Burgum, Joe Burgum, Tom Burgum|
Facts About Doug Burgum
- He co-founded Great Plains Software in 1983, which became a leading accounting software company for small businesses.
- Burgum served as the President of Great Plains Software and later sold the company to Microsoft in 2001 for $1.1 billion.
- He is the founder of Kilbourne Group, a real estate development company that has significantly revitalized downtown Fargo, North Dakota.
- Burgum is also a co-founder of Arthur Ventures, a venture capital firm that invests in technology startups.
- He is an active philanthropist and has donated millions of dollars to various charitable causes, including education and healthcare.
- Burgum was elected as the Governor of North Dakota in 2016 and was re-elected for a second term in 2020.
- As Governor, he has focused on various issues, including workforce development, education, and improving government efficiency through technology.
Relevant People & Companies
Latest News About Doug Burgum
Doug Burgum is an American entrepreneur, philanthropist, and politician of the Republican Party currently serving as the 33rd and the current Governor of North...
Doug Burgum Networth
Doug Burgum is a billionaire who made his fortune primarily through his successful tech firm Great Plains Software, which he joined in 1983 and eventually sold to Microsoft in 2001 for $1.1 billion. Doug Burgum’s net worth is estimated at around $1.5 billion. He is currently serving as the Governor of North Dakota. Burgum receives an annual salary of $135,360, as his position stipulates.
In addition to his tech background, Burgum has also been involved in various other business ventures. He is the founder of the real estate development firm Kilbourne Group and a co-founder of the venture capital firm Arthur Ventures. He has also made successful investments in several promising companies, including SuccessFactors, which SAP acquired for $3.4 billion in 2012.
Doug Burgum Biography
Doug Burgum is an American businessman and politician who is currently serving as the 33rd Governor of North Dakota. He was born on August 1, 1956, in Arthur, North Dakota, USA. He grew up in a farming family and attended Arthur High School. He studied computer science at North Dakota State University and later earned an MBA from Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
After completing his education, Burgum began his career in the computer software industry. In 1983, he co-founded Great Plains Software, which specialized in accounting software for small businesses. The company went public in 1997 and was later acquired by Microsoft in 2001 for $1.1 billion. In addition to his work with Great Plains Software, Burgum has also been involved in various other business ventures, including real estate development, private equity, and venture capital investments.
Burgum entered politics in 2016 when he ran for the Republican nomination for Governor of North Dakota. He won the nomination and general election, defeating Democrat Marvin Nelson. As Governor, Burgum has focused on various issues, including education, healthcare, and economic development. He has also been a strong proponent of using technology to improve government efficiency and transparency.