SafeLink Phones Replacement – In the current scenario, mobile phones have become an essential part of life. We can’t even think of losing our phones as we will lose all our data, but most importantly, purchasing a new smartphone is costly.
However, if you are a SafeLink user, there is some good news for you. SafeLink has a replacement policy that allows you to replace your old Safelink phone easily.
This article covers everything about SafeLink phones replacement, eligibility criteria, available cell phone models, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
Why do you need to replace the SafeLink phone?
You can ask to replace your SafeLink phone if it gets stolen or starts malfunctioning. If your SafeLink phone gets stolen, you must request a sim and phone replacement. You can send a request to the SafeLink service help center for replacement.
What can I do if the SafeLink phone doesn’t work?
If your SafeLink phone malfunctions, report your problem to the service helpline. The representative or agent will instruct you on the next steps.
If your SafeLink phone is not working due to physical damage, it’s your fault, and you have to incur the loss. However, if your phone malfunctions due to technical or software issues, SafeLink will provide you with a free replacement.
What can I do if my Safelink phone is stolen?
First, you must know whether your phone is stolen or misplaced. You can call on your device from your friend’s number or use the Google account to locate your device. If you can’t locate your device, contact the SafeLink helpline and request to locate your device.
Even after this, if you don’t get your device, it means your phone is stolen. In that situation, report it to the SafeLink customer service provider, and they will assist you in deactivating your current services and issuing you a replacement device.
How does SafeLink Wireless Phones replacement work?
SafeLink wireless phone replacement allows consumers to request a replacement when their SafeLink phone is lost, stolen, or malfunctioning. When one requests a replacement, he gets a replacement refurbished phone free of charge only once.
However, if your replaced phone is lost or stops working for the second time, you must purchase a new phone from SafeLink and bear its total cost. If you need instructions on how to upgrade your SafeLink phone, you can contact SafeLink customer care at 1-800-723-3546 and inquire about the SafeLink phone upgrade instructions. They will provide the necessary guidance and information to proceed with the upgrade process.
SafeLink Phone Replacement Policy
SafeLink phones replacement policy includes some simple rules –
- You can replace your phone for only one time for free.
- When you request to replace your lost phone, you will get a refurbished phone.
- If you request a Safelink replacement phone over a lost phone, you first need to deactivate your old device by contacting SafeLink customer support.
- Your phone should not have conditions like improper storage, unauthorized connections, accidents, or moisture exposure.
- Fire, accidents, viruses, third-party sources, battery leakage, or any other natural calamity must not damage your phone.
- Your phone must have an intact serial number plate or enhancement data code.
- Your SafeLink phone replacement must be done between the warranty period of 12 months.
- You must be the original purchaser of the SafeLink phone purchased from an authorized dealer. SafeLink warranty is not transferrable under any circumstance, and you have to provide proof of your purchase with the date.
- Your SafeLink phone replacement does not cover the loss of any personal information.
SafeLink Phone Replacement Procedure
Here are the steps that you can follow to get a replacement phone for SafeLink –
- First, call SafeLink customer care at 1-800-723-3546.
- Report the representative or agent about your phone.
- You will be asked to submit your ESN or old cell phone number to the representative.
- After this, the provider will deactivate your old phone number. It’s up to you; you can request a new number or keep the same.
- You will receive a confirmation email after this process, and this will initiate the SafeLink replacement process for you.
It may take 7 to 14 days to receive your SafeLink replacement phone.
How long does it take to get a SafeLink replacement phone?
It takes around 7-14 days to get your SafeLink replacement phone. After you request a SafeLink Replacement phone, the replacement process will start immediately. However the delivery takes around seven days, but in some cases, it can take up to 14 days.
How do I activate my replacement SafeLink phone?
Once you get your replaced SafeLink phone, you can activate your service by sending the keyword “Activate Now” to the service helpline number 611611.
What types of phones does SafeLink give when you replace them?
While replacing your phone, you cannot choose your phone as you get a refurbished phone. You can get the following phones as a replacement –
- Google Pixel 4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Apple iPhone 11
- Moto G Stylus 5G
- LG velvet 5G
- Alcatel TCL A3X
- Blue View 3
- LG K40
- OnePlus Nord 100
- Nokia XR20
How to submit a phones replacement claim if not replaced by SafeLink authority?
If your phone is not eligible for replacement with SafeLink, you have other options. You can get any phone and then move to SafeLink by the BYOP program. You can also claim a new phone with your insurance company only if you have insured your phone before the accident.
You must visit your insurance company’s website and claim the phone by choosing SafeLink as a service provider.
FAQs About SafeLink Phones Replacement
Is there any difference between a SafeLink Phone Upgrade and Replacement?
SafeLink phone upgrade is getting a new phone with more advanced features. At the same time, SafeLink phone replacement is getting a refurbished phone as a replacement.
How often do you get a new SafeLink phone?
You can replace your SafeLink phone as often as you want. For that, your claim needs to be approved. However, you can replace the phone free of cost only once; after that, you have to pay the total cost.
Can I replace my SafeLink phone for free?
Yes, you can replace your SafeLink phone for free. You can replace your SafeLink phone free of charge only once.
How do I get a replacement SIM card from SafeLink?
Contact the service provider, and he will instruct you about how to get a replacement SIM card from SafeLink.
Can I transfer my old SIM card to a new replacement SafeLink Phone?
Yes, you can transfer your old sim card to your replaced phone.
Do I need to undergo the Safelink Wireless recertification process?
Yes. You need to recertify your Safelink Wireless to enjoy Lifeline assistance benefits.
There you have it – a detailed article covering everything about SafeLink phones replacement. With that said, here I am wrapping up this article. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them in the comment section below. Our team will try to respond ASAP.
Signup For Our Newsletter