This article will guide you about the Social Security Office in Anchorage, Alaska, its location, working hours, how to apply for a new Social Security card, and more.
The Social Security Administration (SSA) in Alaska assists people in receiving social security benefits to those with a disability, retired, or have low income.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
Social Security Office Anchorage Alaska
The SSA office in Anchorage, Alaska, is in “Room A11, 222 W 8th Ave #66, Anchorage, AK 99513, United States.”
The office is at the corner of 8th Avenue & C Street in the Federal Building Annex in Downtown Anchorage. This building is situated partially underground and has windows at street level. The Social Security Office is at the bottom of the inside Ramp in room A-11.
The SSA office in Anchorage, Alaska, opens Monday to Friday and remains closed on Saturday and Sunday.
The working schedule of the Social Security Office in Anchorage, Alaska, is as follows.
- Monday – 9 am to 4 pm
- Tuesday – 9 am to 4 pm
- Wednesday – 9 am to 12 pm
- Thursday – 9 am to 4 pm
- Friday – 9 am to 4 pm
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed
An appointment is not necessary to visit the office. However, contacting the office may reduce your time waiting in a long queue to apply for Social Security benefits.
Let’s see how you can do so in the next section.
How do I Make An appointment At The Social Security Office In Anchorage, Alaska?
Suppose you must make an appointment at the Social Security Office in Anchorage, Alaska. In that case, you may schedule, reschedule, or cancel an appointment by calling the office at 1-800-772-1213 or (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday to Friday between 8 am – 7 pm.
Social Security Office Appointment Online
There is no option on “https://www.ssa.gov/” to book an appointment online. However, an advance appointment is not required at the Social Security Office in Anchorage, Alaska.
How do I Get A New Social Security Card in Alaska?
To apply for a new Social Security Card, you must provide documents to prove your Age(Birth certificate), Identity(U.S driving license or U.S passport), and U.S citizenship (U.S birth certificate or U.S Passport).
- Visit your local SSA office. To locate “https://www.ssa.gov/locator/?URL=%2Fapps6z%2FFOLO%2Ffo001.jsp”
- Provide important documents Age(Birth certificate), Identity(U.S driving license or U.S passport), and U.S citizenship (U.S birth certificate or U.S Passport).
- Fill out the application form “https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5.pdf”
- You can visit or mail the filled-up application form to your nearest SSA office.
- After that, you can check your application at https://www.ssa.gov/apply/check-application-or-appeal-status or call +1 800-772-1213.
How Do I Contact The Social Security Office in Anchorage, Alaska?
To contact the Social Security Office, you can do the following.
- You can visit the SSA office directly. To locate “https://www.ssa.gov/locator/?URL=%2Fapps6z%2FFOLO%2Ffo001.jsp”
- You can contact the SSA Office in Anchorage, Alaska, by dialing a toll-free number 1-800-772-1214.
- Email your queries to the Social Security Office at [email protected].
- It can be contacted on Twitter at https://twitter.com/socialsecurity
- You can follow the SSA to get updates on various social media platforms.
For more information, you can visit its official site at http://www.ssa.gov/
Social Security Office Anchorage ak Phone Number?
You can contact the SSA office in Anchorage, AK, at 1-800-772-1214
Social Security Administration (SSA) Services In Anchorage, Alaska
Social Security Administration ( SSA) provides the following services in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Check the Application or Appeal Status
- Disability Benefits
- Medicare Benefits
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Online application for Retirement, Spouse, Medicare, or Disability Benefits
- Replace Medicare Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
- Online services
- Spouse’s Benefits
Tips For A Successful Visit To The Social Security Office in Anchorage, Alaska
Social Security Office carries out its services in the best way to provide people with maximum benefits. However, your work will be hassle-free if you consider these helpful tips when visiting the Social Security Office.
- It is best to make an appointment in advance by contacting the office to avoid waiting in a long queue.
- Please check the list of documents essential for the services you are applying for so that you carry the correct documents.
- You must carry your original documents to the office as the office does not accept copies of your documents.
- You must ensure that your documents are not expired, as the office will not accept old documents.
- Your documents must have a stamp or signature of the issuance authority.
- It is best to confirm the working time of the office for the day you visit the office.
- You must be polite while talking to the office agent about your queries.
How many months in advance should I apply for Social Security benefits?
The earliest you can apply is 4 months before you wish your benefits to begin. Also, your application for Social Security benefits will not be processed if you apply more than 4 months in advance.
What documents will I need to apply for Social Security benefits?
You will require the following documents to apply for Social Security benefits.
- Social Security card
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status
- Birth certificate
- A copy of the U.S. military service document
- A copy of the W-2 form or self-employment tax
- Tax return for the previous year
Can I visit the Social Security Office in Anchorage, Alaska, without an appointment?
Yes. You can visit the Social Security office without an appointment. However, it is better to contact the Social Security office and book an appointment in advance to avoid waiting in long lines for a long time.
How long does it take for a Social Security benefits application to be approved?
The application takes roughly 6 weeks to process. After the application has been processed, approved, or rejected, you will receive a letter informing you of the decision.
What is the best day to contact the Social Security office?
You can contact a Social Security representative between 8:00 am-7:00 pm. Monday to Friday. Generally, you will have a shorter waiting hour if you contact the office during the week after Tuesday.
Subscribe to Email Updates :