Want to switch carriers but don’t know how to unlock your Moto G Play phone? If yes, then you have stumbled upon the right article.
A few days back, I wanted to change my current carrier but didn’t want to buy a new phone as I already have my Moto G Play, which I bought from my service provider during one of their promotional offers.
However, I realized my phone needed to be unlocked to use a SIM card from another carrier. Luckily, after searching and trying many methods, I finally unlocked my Moto G Play phone.
So, with this article, let me share my experience unlocking a Moto G Play phone and other relevant information.
So, without further delay, let’s begin.
Reasons to Unlock MOTOROLA Moto G Play 2023?
Buying or getting a free government smartphone from a particular carrier is locked to that carrier’s network to prevent it from using another compatible carrier’s network.
Suppose you want a new SIM card from another carrier to switch your network provider. In that case, you will have to unlock your phone.
Although you may want to unlock your Motorola Moto G Play phone for different reasons, one primary reason is changing your existing carrier to another.
You cannot use a SIM card from any network provider with your locked Moto G PlayPlay phone.
To use another network’s service with your Motorola phone, your phone must be unlocked from your existing carrier on whose network your phone is bound.
Once you unlock your phone, you can use your Moto G Play phone with any local or international GSM carrier. The phone will remain unlocked forever.
Additionally, unlocking will increase the resale value of your Moto G Play phone.
How To Unlock Moto G Play Phone
Unlocking your Moto G Play phone is essential to remove any network restrictions and allow you to use other local and international network services besides the one your phone is bound to.
Most of the time, people look to unlock their devices if they have a free Motorola phone from the government, as these phones always come locked with the service provider.
Here are the methods to Unlock your Moto G Play Phone.
Unlock via Service Provider
If your Moto G Play phone is locked with a specific carrier, you can unlock it through a service provider. However, you must meet the eligibility criteria for unlocking your device.
Here are the steps to do so.
- To unlock your Moto G Play phone, Contact your service provider and request them to unlock it.
- They may ask you for information, such as your identification and the IMEI number.
- Once the executive is satisfied, they will submit your request for unlocking.
- If approved, you will recieve an unlocking code by text or mail.
- Enter the unlocking code on your device, which will be unlocked in a few seconds.
Unlock via 3rd party Tools
If your Moto G Play doesn’t meet the provider’s eligibility criteria for unlocking your device, you can easily unlock it via 3rd Party tools such as Unlocklocks.com by paying a small fee.
Here are the steps to do so.
- Visit the official website of 3rd party tool.
- Select the brand and Model of your device.
- Enter information such as IMEI and your provider.
- Pay the charges with available payment methods.
- Once the payment is made, the website will provide you with an unlock code.
- Enter the code in your device, and your phone will be unlocked.
Here are some important points to consider about unlocking your Moto G Play phone.
- Your Moto G Play phone is locked to a specific network unless unlocked to prevent it from getting connected to another network.
- You can easily unlock your Moto G Play phone.
- Every Moto G Play phone has only one unlock code, and your phone remains unlocked once you carry out the process.
- Some carriers supported for unlocking include AT&T, Bell, Cricket, Fido, T-Mobile, Metro PCS, Telekom, etc
- Your phone won’t unlock if there are any unpaid bills or other bills owed to your current carrier. You must clear bills to get your Moto G Play phone unlocked.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I unlock a Motorola phone?
Yes. You can unlock a Motorola phone to free yourself from the restriction of using a single SIM card.
Where do I get an unlock code for Moto G Play Phone?
You can get your Moto G Play Phone unlock code directly from the service provider or using third-party tools.
Why is my Moto G Play phone locked?
Your Moto G Play phone is locked to a particular carrier, so it cannot use another carrier’s network and remains bound to the carrier you bought your phone from.
How do I know if my phone is locked?
Following these steps, you can easily check whether your Android phone is locked.
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Select the Connections option.
- Select Networks.
- Click on Network Operators.
- Then click on the Search Now option.
If you see multiple carriers, your phone is unlocked. If only one carrier appears, your phone is locked to that particular carrier.
Alternatively, you can use an IMEI checker website to check your phone’s lock status.
Can I unlock my phone from a network for free?
Yes. Most providers will unlock your phone for free if you meet their requirements. You can request your provider to unlock your device via your online account, or you can contact your network provider by phone or live chat.
How do I check if my Moto G Play phone is compatible with another provider?
You can check whether your Moto G Play Phone is compatible with another provider through the compatibility checker at your preferred provider’s official website. You need to visit the provider’s website, enter your phone’s IMEI number and check its compatibility on the compatibility checker page.
How do I get my Moto G Play phone IMEI number?
You can find your Moto G Play Phone IMEI number by dialling *#06# on your Moto G device
Signup For Our Newsletter