Free Motorola Government Phone – Cell phones have become a necessity in today’s technically advanced world. However, a large underprivileged population still cannot afford a cell phone.
Recognizing this, the American Government has taken the initiative to provide free cell phones to eligible needy people through special assistance programs. Two assistance programs provide discounts on mobile devices and wireless internet services.
The Lifeline program offers discounts on monthly phone and wireless services, while the Affordable Connectivity Program offers discounts on internet services and devices such as tablets, laptops, etc.
This article covers a detailed guide on how you can get a free Motorola phone from the Government.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
- 1 How to get a free Motorola Phone from the Government
- 1.1 Eligibility criteria to get a free Motorola government phone
- 1.2 Required documents to prove your eligibility
- 1.3 How to apply for the program to get a free Motorola Government phone?
- 1.4 Which Lifeline and ACP providers offer free Motorola Government phones?
- 1.5 Assurance Wireless
- 1.6 AirTalk Wireless
- 1.7 Cintex Wireless
- 1.8 NewPhone Wireless
- 1.9 Other Ways to Get a Free Motorola Phone
- 1.10 Conclusion
How to get a free Motorola Phone from the Government
Getting a free Motorola phone from the Government involves the following steps –
- Finding the service provider in your area that provides free Motorola Government phones under the Lifeline and ACP program.
- Checking your eligibility to apply for a free Motorola phone from the Government.
- Proving your eligibility with proper documentation.
- Finally, filling the application form to get a free Motorola phone from the Government.
We will discuss each of these steps in detail below.
Eligibility criteria to get a free Motorola government phone
You must qualify for certain strict eligibility conditions for Lifeline and ACP programs to apply for a free Motorola Government phone under these programs.
These eligibility criteria are listed as follows –
- First, you must be at least 18 or an emancipated minor.
- Second, you must be a resident of one of the states where your selected provider provides a free Motorola government phone.
If you fulfill the above two conditions, check for the other eligibility requirement to qualify for Lifeline and ACP program –
If you apply through the Lifeline program, your annual family income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
If you apply through the ACP program, your annual family income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
You are eligible if you or any family members participate in any Lifeline-qualifying assistance program listed below –
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Tribal-specific programs like –
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
Any of your household members participate in any of the government assistance programs mentioned above.
Please note that you need to fulfill only one eligibility requirement of the two mentioned above to qualify for the Lifeline and ACP program to get a free Motorola government phone.
Required documents to prove your eligibility
Once you ensure your eligibility to apply for a free Motorola phone through the Lifeline or ACP program, you need to provide certain documentation to prove your eligibility –
If you qualify based on your low income, you must provide a valid official document containing your name and income. You may provide any one of the following to reveal your income –
- Current income statement
- Paycheck stubs
- Last year’s state, federal, or tribal tax return
- Workers Compensation statement of benefit
If you qualify to get a Free Motorola phone on a program basis, you must submit a valid official document that contains your name, program name, the name of the establishment that issued the document, and the issue date of the document. You may provide any of the following –
- Government Approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits
You may also need to verify your identity, age, address, emancipation status, etc., and for this, you can provide your social security number, ID card, or other documents.
How to apply for the program to get a free Motorola Government phone?
- You are required to apply through the National Verifier to apply for a free Motorola government phone. You can do so by visiting this URL – nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/id=nv_flow&ebbp=true&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply.
- Fill in the application form by entering all of your personal information correctly.
- Provide all of the required documents.
- Upon approval, you will be asked to select the network service provider that is available in your area and participates in the Government’s ACP and Lifeline program.
Which Lifeline and ACP providers offer free Motorola Government phones?
Many providers offer free Motorola phones in the United States. We have listed a few of them here –
Assurance Wireless is a service provider by T-Mobile. It offers free monthly services, including free talk, text, data, and free phones under Lifeline and ACP programs.
AirTalk Wireless provides free monthly plans, including free text, talk, and data, discounts on tablets, and free phones. The company provides many free Motorola phone models, such as Moto E5 Play, Motorola Moto G Pure, Moto G7, G7 Power, Moto Z4, Moto E, Motorola G Fast, etc.
Cintex Wireless is another provider under Lifeline and ACP, offering free monthly services, discounts on tablets, and several free phone models. The company currently provides many free Motorola phones, including Moto G Pure, Moto E, Motorola Moto E5 Play, Moto G7, Moto G7, Moto Z4, G8 Power, and Motorola Z3 Play.
NewPhone Wireless is AirTalk and Cintex’s affiliate company offering the same benefits, with a variety of free Motorola phones under Lifeline and ACP programs to eligible customers. The company currently offers a
free Motorola Moto G Pure, Moto E5 Play, Moto E, Moto G7, Moto G7 Power, G6 Power, Z3 Play, G Fast, G Stylus 2020, etc.
Other Ways to Get a Free Motorola Phone
Moreover, you can get a free Motorola phone in the following ways –
- If you are a low-income individual, you can get a free Motorola phone through a non-profit organization, charity, school, or library.
- You may get one online through a giveaway contest, Amazon Vine, or by becoming a reviewer, marketing agent, etc.
- You may also get a free Motorola phone through a marketplace that offers free used devices.
- Another way to get a free Motorola phone is through a promotional deal from a carrier or retailer. However, these deals demand you to fulfill certain conditions. For example, you may be required to opt for their services, purchase a plan, trade in an old device, etc.
Motorola is one of the most renowned American brands that produce high-quality phones, tablets, smart products, etc. Motorola smartphones are considered one of the best in the market today since they are durable, reliable, and jam-packed with advanced features. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford to have Motorola smartphones.
However, through the Government’s Lifeline and ACP program, you can get a free Motorola government phone if you qualify for the program’s eligibility conditions.
With that said, here I am wrapping up this article. If you still have any questions, feel free to shoot them in the comment section below. Our team will try to respond ASAP.
Subscribe to Email Updates :