Do you find programming your Verizon Fios Remote a challenging task? Do Verizon Fios Remote Codes trouble you, and what do these codes do with Verizon Fios Remote?
This article covers detailed information about the same, how to program the Verizon voice remote, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
What is Verizon Fios Remote Codes?
Verizon Fios remote needs special codes called Verizon Fios Remote Codes to program with your TV. These are 3-digit codes for Verizon Fios P265 and P283 remote, and 4-Digit for other remotes.
Once you pair your Fios remote with the Fios TV, you must have Verizon Fios Remote Codes to program your Fios remote with the TV. An ordinary TV remote transmits a coded binary signal to the TV so only the TV can understand this code.
Every TV manufacturer codes their signals to ensure signals are clear. Please note that Verizon Fios Remote Codes are specific to their brand and device type, so you must only use the code related to your device’s brand.
For the Verizon P265 and P283 remote, you can use 331 to connect to Samsung TV, 352 for Sony, and 210 for LG TVs.
You can get the codes for your TV on the Support section of Verizon’s website at www.verizonwireless.com.
Programming your remote will enable you to operate all your entertainment devices using one remote. You can keep all the separate remote controls for your other devices since you do not need them now.
How to program your Verizon TV Voice Remote
To program your Verizon TV voice remote for your Verizon Fios TV one or one mini, you must first pair your remote to your tv.
Please follow the steps below to pair your Verizon TV voice remote with your Fios TV.
- First, you must point your Verizon Fios TV voice remote in a similar direction to the TV you wish to pair your remote to.
- Press and hold the “O” and play/pause buttons simultaneously.
- Release the buttons once the blue light on your Verizon Fios TV voice remote flashes.
- When the blue light stops flashing on your remote, the Verizon TV voice remote is now paired with your Fios TV.
Once the pairing is complete, all HDMI-connected TVs and audio systems will automatically be caught by your Fios TV voice remote and can be controlled by it.
Steps to program your Verizon Fios TV Voice Remote –
- Go to the “Menu.”
- Select “Settings.”
- Locate the Voice control menu.
- Select “Fios TV Voice Remote.”
- Now select “Program Voice Remote.”
- You have two options for setup, Manual setup and Automatic setup.
- Please select Automatic setup.
- Once the setup is finished, you must see a “Success” message at the top right corner of your TV screen.
- If the Automatic setup does not work for any reason, select the Manual Setup option.
- Now, select the brand and model of your TV and follow the instructions on your screen.
- Here, you should see the “Success” message on the top right corner of your screen.
Once you get this message, your Verizon Fios TV voice remote has been programmed for your TV successfully, and you can use it.
How to program your Verizon P265 Remote
Please follow the steps below to program your Verizon P265 remote –
- The first step is to ensure your TV and Fios set-top box are powered on.
- Now, press and hold the “Ok” and Fios TV buttons simultaneously.
- Unpress the buttons.
- Once you release the buttons, the red light on the remote will flash twice and remain on continuously.
- Now, press and release the play/pause button once every second.
- You must do this until the remote gets the right Verizon Fios Remote code and the TV turns off.
- Once your TV is turned off, you can stop pressing the play/pause button.
- Now, you should press the TV power button on Verizon P265 remote to turn your TV on. If the TV gets on, press “OK” to save it.
In case your TV does not turn on, you must press the Channel Down button once every second. Please continue doing this until your TV turns on. Once your TV gets on, press “OK” to save it.
Alternatively, you can program your Verizon P265 remote using the Interactive Media Guide (IMG).
Please follow the steps below to do the same –
- Open the “Menu.”
- Select the “Customer Support option.”
- Select the “Top Support Tools.”
- Now choose the “Program Fios Remote.”
- Once you click “Ok,” please follow the instructions on your screen to complete the programming of your Verizon P265 remote.
How to program your Verizon P283 Big Button Remote
The steps to program your Verizon P283 Big Button Remote are as follows –
- First, ensure your TV and Fios Set-Top box are powered on.
- The next step is to press and hold the “OK” and “0” buttons simultaneously.
- Unpress the buttons.
- When you release the buttons, the red light on your remote will flash twice and remain on.
- Get the 3-digit code of your TV.
- Enter your 3-digit code into the remote.
- After you enter the code, the red light will flash again and will remain on.
- Now, you should hold and release the “Channel Down” button once every second until your TV turns off automatically. Please stop pressing the Channel Down button after your TV turns off.
- Now you must turn your TV back on. To do this, please press the TV Power button on the remote.
Once your TV gets on, You must click “OK” to save the changes.
Your Verizon Fios Remote will only program with your TV if you provide the correct Verizon Fios Remote Codes while proceeding with your remote programming.
If you enter the wrong code in the programming process, you will still receive a “Success” message. However, you cannot control the TV.
Hence, please ensure to get the right Verizon Fios Remote codes compatible with the Verizon Fios remote you are using and your TV brand.
If you cannot get the right code for your remote, please feel free to contact Verizon‘s customer support service.
Inform the representative about your remote model and the problem you face. The company’s agent will solve your issue comfortably.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my universal remote for Verizon Fios?
Yes. You can use any universal remote that can be programmed for the older Verizon set-top boxes. However, as these remote operate on Infrared (IR) or Radio Frequency (RF), you must have a line of sight to operate them.
How much does a new Fios remote cost?
The new Fios TV Voice Remote costs $24.99, and the Fios Big Button Remote Control and the Fios Remote Control cost $14.99 on Verizon’s official website.
How can I replace my Verizon Fios remote control?
You can replace your Verizon Fios remote control by using another remote from another TV or purchasing a new remote. Please note that you may find these remotes on other websites like eBay for a much more reasonable price. But it is not recommended to buy the remote from any third-party sites as these are not Verizon Certified, so Verizon cannot guarantee their quality.
What is Fios TV One?
Verizon Fios TV One is a smart, advanced TV system with fiber optics. A few of the features of Fios TV One include Netflix integration, Wifi connectivity, Voice commands recognizing remote, and 4K Ultra High Definition picture swearing quality. It also comes with a multi-room DVR package enabling you to record several programs while watching live TV.
Signup For Our Newsletter